AirPods are a popular wireless earphone option, but they may sometimes disconnect unexpectedly from the device they are paired with. Here are some reasons why this might happen and some solutions to fix the problem:
- Low battery: If your AirPods are running low on battery, they may disconnect from your device to conserve power. Try charging them to resolve the issue.
- Distance from the device: If you move too far away from the device your AirPods are connected to, they may disconnect. Stay within the recommended range for your device to keep the connection stable.
- Interference: Other devices, such as other Bluetooth devices or microwaves, can interfere with the connection between your AirPods and your device. Try moving away from potential interference sources.
- Software updates: Occasionally, software updates may cause connectivity issues with your AirPods. Check for updates and install them if necessary.
- Dirty AirPods: Dirt, earwax, or debris on your AirPods can affect the sensors responsible for connectivity, leading to disconnections. Clean your AirPods regularly with a soft cloth or brush.
- Outdated firmware: If you haven’t updated the firmware on your AirPods, they may have connectivity issues. Make sure you have the latest firmware by checking for updates on your device.
- Reset AirPods: If none of the above solutions work, try resetting your AirPods by placing them in their case and holding the setup button for at least 15 seconds until the LED light flashes.
If your AirPods continue to disconnect frequently, contact Apple support for assistance.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Why Do My AirPods Keep Disconnecting When They’re Not Dead?
- 2 Why Do My AirPods keep Disconnecting With Full Battery?
- 3 Why Do My AirPods Keep Disconnecting From My Laptop?
- 4 Why Do My AirPods keep Disconnecting From Mac?
- 5 Why do my AirPods keep disconnecting from Spotify?
- 6 AirPods Pro Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting?
- 7 Why Do My AirPods Keep Disconnecting From My iPhone 11?
- 8 Why Do My AirPods Keep Disconnecting From My Chromebook?
- 9 How Can I Prevent My AirPods From Disconnecting?
- 10 Why Do My AirPods keep disconnecting while working out?
- 11 Best AirPods You Can Use for Quality Audio
- 12 Apple AirPods (3rd Generation)
- 13 Apple AirPods (2nd Gen)
- 14 AirPods Pro
- 15 Wrapping Up
Why Do My AirPods Keep Disconnecting When They’re Not Dead?
AirPods can keep disconnecting after a certain period. In another case, you can have one Airpod disconnecting. Below are the possible reasons for disconnection:
- Some objects along the way, like walls or doors, block the Bluetooth signal from the device to the AirPods.
- The operating system of your device may need a reboot since several activities run in the memory.
- Your AirPods batteries may be low, and since they are wireless, it plays a more significant role in their performance.
- Radio signals, Wi-Fi, or microwave may cause your AirPods Bluetooth interference.
- You are far from the phone or laptop, leading to poor Bluetooth connection on your AirPods.
- Your AirPods have a build-up of dirt, ear wax, grime, or moisture that cause poor connectivity.
Why Do My AirPods keep Disconnecting With Full Battery?
With fully charged batteries, your AirPods shouldn’t keep disconnecting. Several factors can lead to the disconnection, as outlined below:
First, you may have moved beyond 30 feet from the paired device, and the AirPods won’t stay connected. Secondly, minor technical glitches may require you to re-establish the connection in your devices.
Third, automatic switching in apple devices can cause disconnection if you have another iPhone or iPad nearby. Another case is the radio, Wi-Fi, or microwave signals. They can cause the AirPods to disconnect.
Outdated device firmware can be another cause of disconnection. And bugs from the recently updated paired devices can also come with operating system issues. Finally, corrupt network-related settings can cause the AirPods to keep disconnecting.
Why Do My AirPods Keep Disconnecting From My Laptop?
AirPods work great on windows 10 and 11. But at times, the windows operating system can come with several issues. Below are some of the problems that cause AirPods to keep disconnecting from the laptop:
- Minor glitch with the windows Bluetooth drivers. Your Bluetooth drivers need regular updates.
- Corrupt audio drivers in windows operating systems cause the AirPods to keep disconnecting.
- Faulty audio gateway services on the laptop bring the disconnection issues.
- Your laptop battery may be low, and your system may be configured to turn off Bluetooth to save power.
- You haven’t updated your AirPods drivers for an extended period, leading to hardware device connection failure.
Why Do My AirPods keep Disconnecting From Mac?
AirPods on Mac operating systems deliver an excellent wireless experience with high-quality audio. But complaints about AirPod disconnection are common. You may not know that simple errors lead to these disconnections. Read below:
- Mac operating systems develop common errors, bugs, and glitches when they go without a reboot for an extended period. Lack of reboot may be the leading cause of disconnection.
- Your Mac’s Bluetooth module equipment is not set to default.
- Your Mac operating system is not updated.
Related: How to Make My AirPods Louder?
Why do my AirPods keep disconnecting from Spotify?
- The AirPod sensor is faulty; hence incorrectly interpreting, you have taken them out of your ears.
- The dust and ear wax are hindering connectivity, and the proximity sensors are affected by the ear wax.
- Your laptop has gone to sleep mode while listening to music, thus the disconnection.
- You have unknowingly closed the Spotify application on your phone or computer.
- Your phone ram is filled with background activities leading to a poor connection with the AirPods.
- The Spotify phone app is usually set to run in the background, but your phone may close it instead of running it in the background.
- Your music queue may have reached the limit, and you haven’t activated repeat on the Spotify app.
- There are bugs in your Spotify application.
AirPods Pro Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting?
Specific issues alter Bluetooth connectivity when your AirPod pro keeps disconnecting and reconnecting.
1] AirPod pros on low batteries automatically disconnect from the paired devices. Typically, they disconnect when the battery is low.
2] The paired device system can have bugs if you recently updated it. And if the system doesn’t run correctly, it can lead to disconnection and reconnection.
3] Solid objects like the doors or wall between your AirPods and the paired device exist. Solid objects block Bluetooth connectivity leading to disconnection.
4] Automatic ear detection commonly causes disconnection if sensors are faulty. Typically, the sensors misinterpret when you fidget on one AirPod.
5] Your paired device system may need a restart to refreshen the drivers and other processes. Mac, iPhone, and apple need at least one restart a week.
6] Your device’s operating system may have gone without updates. Also, your music app on the device may need regular updates to deliver quality audio.
7] your AirPods firmware isn’t updated, thus incompatible with the paired device application.
Finally, your AirPod pro is clogged with ear wax and dust, leading to poor sensibility and connection.
Why Do My AirPods Keep Disconnecting From My iPhone 11?
Your AirPods in iPhone 11 disconnect when listening to music or in mid-call. Here are the possible causes that come with iPhone 11:
- You don’t have the right software for your AirPods. For example, AirPods 3 need iOS 15.1 or macOS 12. AirPods Pro requires iOS 13.2 and macOS 10.15.1 or newer operating systems. AirPods 2 need iOS 12.2 or macOS 10.14.
- Your AirPods battery levels are low. Usually, they disconnect when the battery reaches a critical level.
- Your iPhone 11 Bluetooth is not activated.
- Your device’s audio setting is not updated. Set the Airpod as the output device on your iPhone 11.
- Your AirPods are clogged with dust hence hindering good connectivity.
- You have paired other devices with AirPods on your iPhone 11.
- You have connected your iPhone to wifi which disrupts your Bluetooth connection.
Why Do My AirPods Keep Disconnecting From My Chromebook?
Apple Airpods are well designed to work on apple devices like iPhone and Mac effectively. However, they are not IOS exclusive. As such, they work well with Chromebook, and they shouldn’t affect your music.
However, if your AirPods disconnect from your Chromebook, here are the possible reasons:
Like other operating systems, Chromebook has bugs that require regular restarts and updates. Bugs can also cause poor connectivity to the AirPods, and traditional music pauses. Hold the power button on Chromebook and restart to refreshen the OS, and your device will connect easily.
How Can I Prevent My AirPods From Disconnecting?
- Keep your AirPods close to the paired device.
- Disable automatic ear detection.
- Deactivate automatic switching if it’s not necessary for you.
- Avoid interferences like solid objects, radio signals, and wifi.
- Regularly update your AirPods firmware.
- Regularly update your paired device’s OS and reboot it.
- Always check your device’s network settings.
- Don’t pair other devices like the smartwatch to the iPhone while using AirPods.
- Regularly clean your AirPods of ear waxes, dirt and grime, and moisture from your sweat.
Why Do My AirPods keep disconnecting while working out?
There are a variety of reasons that your AirPods might keep disconnecting while you’re working out. It could be due to sweat or water damage, loose fittings, or even a problem with the AirPods themselves.
If you’re having trouble with your AirPods disconnecting during workouts, here are a few tips to try:
– Make sure your AirPods are dry before using them. They could be more likely to disconnect if wet from sweat or water.
– Make sure the AirPods fit snugly in your ears. If they’re loose, they could fall out and disconnect.
– Try using the ear hook accessories that come with the AirPods. These can help keep the AirPods in place during workouts.
– If you’re still having trouble, contact Apple Support for help troubleshooting your AirPods.
Related: When Did AirPods Come Out?
Best AirPods You Can Use for Quality Audio
The wireless audio with Airpods gives you the best experience as you proceed with other activities around your paired device. However, low-quality AirPods can give you the worst experience ever.
Related: Beats Studio Buds Vs. AirPods Pro – Which one is Right For You?
Below we dive deeper into the best AirPods you can choose for your music experience:
Apple AirPods (3rd Generation)
Apple AirPods (3rd generation) comes with unique features for music lovers. They have a sturdy and compact stem yet smaller size. They have an adaptive equalizer, sweat resistance, spatial audio support, and the best-redesigned contoured fit.
Here are more features you can enjoy:
- MagSafe charging case.
- 30 hours battery life
- HD face time calls.
Apple AirPods (2nd Gen)
Apple AirPods (2nd Gen.) is an excellent choice for all iPhone lovers. You won’t get great sound with these AirPods. But if you sacrifice comfort and get convenience, 2nd generation AirPods will give you the best.
Here are more features for music lovers:
- Improved charging case.
- Good battery life.
- Very portable.
- Excellent connection
- Balanced and easygoing audio.
AirPods are the best choice for music lovers. You can enjoy your music while carrying out other DIY activities around your paired device. AirPods need several maintenance activities to ensure your music keeps flowing.
Avoid Bluetooth connectivity disruptions. Clean the AirPods regularly, update your devices regularly, and ensure you purchase quality AirPod brands. All the best as you enjoy your music.