If you want to stop Siri from reading messages on your AirPods, you can do so by adjusting the settings on your iPhone. Here are the steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on Siri & Search.
- Scroll down to Announce Messages and tap on it.
- Toggle off the switch for Announce Messages with Siri.
Once you have turned off this setting, Siri will no longer read your messages out loud through your AirPods. Keep in mind that this will also disable the ability to reply to messages hands-free using Siri, but you can still use Siri to dictate a message or send a quick reply. If you want to turn this feature back on, simply follow the same steps and toggle the switch for Announce Messages with Siri back on.
Table Of Contents
- 1 How to Stop Siri from Reading Messages on AirPods
- 2 How does Siri Read Messages on AirPods?
- 3 How do I Turn off Voice Assistants on AirPods?
- 4 How do you Turn off Siri on iOS 15 AirPods?
- 5 How do I Stop Siri from “Activating Headphones?
- 6 How to Turn off Siri on AirPods Pro
- 7 How To Turn Off Siri on AirPods on a Mac
- 8 How to Turn Off Siri on AirPods 3
- 9 How To Turn Off Siri From Reading Texts
- 10 How to Turn off Announce Messages
- 11 How to Turn off Siri Reading Texts on iPhone 11
- 12 How to Turn off Siri Reading Texts on iPhone 12
- 13 How to Turn off Siri Reading Texts on iPhone 13
- 14 How to Turn off Siri Reading Texts on iPhone 14
- 15 Final Thought
How to Stop Siri from Reading Messages on AirPods
Siri’s announcement controls are tucked away in the app’s Settings; stick to this guide and learn how to access it with minimal effort:
Step 1: Pair your iPhone with your AirPods.
The second step is to access your settings.
Step 3: Select “Notifications.”
4. Select Siri: Read aloud your messages.
5. A green button will appear on the following page to inform you that Siri’s Announce Messages feature is active. Just tap the green button to turn it off.
Voilà! Indeed, it’s as simple as that. Thanks to this update, Siri won’t interrupt your AirPods listening sessions.
How does Siri Read Messages on AirPods?
Siri alerts you to new messages, reminders, and app notifications when active. Siri will read incoming alerts vocally if your headphones are in, worn, and in case of a locked device.
You may enable audible alerts on your iOS device by:
- Tapping Settings > Notifications > Announce Notifications.
- Select “Messages.”
- Choose from Time-Dependent and Direct Messages or All Notifications.
- Toggle the “announce” Notifications on and off using Control Center, which can be accessed via the swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone or iPad.
You may silence Siri by removing one earpiece or the headphones.
How do I Turn off Voice Assistants on AirPods?
Here’s what you can do with your AirPods if you don’t want to use voice controls or if you’d instead use Siri:
- Go into your iPhone’s “Settings” menu.
- Click the accessibility option that pops up.
- Android and iOS users, tap or choose the “Home” button (or side button for other models.)
- Press and hold the “Speak” button to access the voice command menu.
- You can use Siri, Voice Control, or turn it off entirely.
How do you Turn off Siri on iOS 15 AirPods?
- Bring up the iPhone or iPad’s Settings menu.
- Click the “Siri & Search” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Putting Siri to Sleep
- To disable Siri, go to Settings > General > Siri > Ask Siri and flip the two switches next to listen for “Hey Siri,” and Press Side Button for Siri to the white OFF position.
- Select “Turn Off Siri” from the confirmation pop-up.
How do I Stop Siri from “Activating Headphones?
The best way to prevent headphones from triggering Siri depends on the activation context. By navigating to the app’s settings and selecting Siri, you can quickly turn off the feature and prevent future interruptions from Siri. Just by selecting “off,” the program will close.
How to Turn off Siri on AirPods Pro
Follow these steps to achieve your goal.
- To access Siri & Search, go to the Settings menu.
- Cancel the “Hey Siri” listening setting.
- Disabling Siri’s use by deactivating ‘Allow Siri’ When Locked and Press Side Button for Siri will end Siri’s help in all situations.
How To Turn Off Siri on AirPods on a Mac
If you use a Mac, here’s how to turn off Siri on your AirPods:
- You must ensure the connection of your AirPods with your Mac.
- Select System Preferences by clicking.
- Just activate the wireless headset adapter by selecting it.
- Select AirPods > Settings > Customization > Options.
- Choose something other than Siri from the left or right-hand side menus.
How to Turn Off Siri on AirPods 3
- To begin, access your phone’s settings.
- You’ll find a red bell and a notification choice in the menu near the bottom.
- Stop Siri from Reading by tapping on it.
- You can select “Siri” from that menu. There are two choices available if you go down that far.
- There is the “Siri Suggestion” and the “Announce Notification.”
- Click and drag the toggle option to disable both to turn off Siri.
How To Turn Off Siri From Reading Texts
In a pleasant change of events, disabling Siri from reading your texts requires no elaborate maneuvers:
Launch the Settings menu, and then pick the Notifications option. If you select Announce Notifications, a simple on/off switch will appear. Toggle it off, and just like that, Siri won’t trouble you anymore.
How to Turn off Announce Messages
Here’s what you need to do:
- Launch the Device Settings app on your iOS device.
- Select Notifications from the menu that appears.
- Siri > Announce Notifications > Tap.
- Disconnect your headphones by toggling the switch.
How to Turn off Siri Reading Texts on iPhone 11
Follow these steps to turn off Siri from reading your texts on iPhone 11:
- A user can access Siri & Search by launching the Settings app.
- Swipe the button to the left to disable Listen for “Hey Siri.’’
- Swipe the button to the left to disable Press Side Button for Siri.
- Turning off both of these options will trigger the Turn-Off Siri prompt. You can disable Siri by selecting the corresponding menu item.
How to Turn off Siri Reading Texts on iPhone 12
To adjust preferences on an iPhone, tap the Settings icon:
- Make a selection in the Settings menu.
- Check out Announce Messages, found among the Included Controls. (The full command is Announce Messages with Siri.
- To disable the Announce messages option, press the – (Minus) key at the top of the screen.
- When this option is selected, the Control Center will no longer display Announce notifications until you turn them back on.
How to Turn off Siri Reading Texts on iPhone 13
The following steps will allow you to stop Siri entirely, but only if your device’s firmware is up-to-date.
First, open the Settings app by tapping its icon on the Home screen.
The second step is to locate Siri & Search from the main Settings app menu and tap it. When you do this, Siri’s preferences screen will appear.
Step 3: To disable Siri, slide the switch for “Press Side Button for Siri” or “Listen for “Hey Siri” to the off position.
Turning off the first two choices will require verifying that you want to disable Siri.
After reading the cautionary alert, tap Turn Off Siri to proceed. It should now be possible to turn off Siri on your iPhone 13.
How to Turn off Siri Reading Texts on iPhone 14
Follow this simple and precise guide to turning off Siri from reading texts on your iPhone 14:
- The first thing you should do is go to your device’s settings.
- The second step is to choose the Notifications option.
- The third step is to disable Siri’s message announcements by sliding the green alternative to the left.
- Fourth, tap it to turn off the feature when you disable announce messages with the Siri switch appearing at the bottom of the screen.
At last, you can select which app notifications Siri should read aloud. At the very end, you’ll get a list of native and third-party apps compatible with this functionality. To activate the Announce Notifications function, navigate your installed apps and tap on each individually.
So, you may limit the volume of Siri’s chirps in your AirPods to a reasonable level if that’s how you prefer to get notification alerts from reading messages on AirPods.