- Press the sensor groove on the stem of your AirPods Pro twice to play the next song.
- Press the stem of your AirPods Pro three times to return to the previous song.
- Answer a call by pressing the sensor on the stem of your AirPods Pro.
How does it feel when you get your new AirPods Pro? The excitement, right? If you love listening to music, you will love the AirPods Pro. But hold your horses first… do you know how to skip songs with AirPods Pro?
How Do You Tap an AirPod Pro?
Table Of Contents
Are you getting bored listening to some song? Or maybe you love how the previous singer rolled out the timbre of the words to resonate with your soul (A real songbird, huh?)
2nd generation AirPods Pros have a touch control on the stem. This feature allows you to do any of the following actions conveniently:
- Answer a call—by pressing the stem, you can receive your calls
- Play or pause—by pressing the stem
- Play the next track—by double pressing the stem
- Play the previous track—by triple-pressing the stem.
- Switch between Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode—You can set your left or right AirPods Pro to perform this action when you press and hold the stem.
- Activate Siri—You can activate Siri by pressing and holding the stem.
How Do I Manage My AirPods to Skip Songs?
I get it. You like music, but this particular song grates on your eardrums. So, don’t spoil your day. Skip it and go to the next one, or return to the previous one.
Here’s how to do it:
- Connect your wireless earphones to your iPhones
- Select the left or right one to configure
- Locate the sensor groove on the stem of the AirPod
- Pinch or press once to pause the music
- Pinch or press twice, then release to go to the next song
- Pinch or press three times to go to the previous song
When Your AirPods Pro Won’t Skip Songs
Sometimes, your AirPods Pro will not skip songs despite your best efforts. It could be that you probably need to get it right or because of a malfunction on the AirPods Pro.
Here is the quick fix to get you back into the game.
- Go to your connected device.
- Open settings
- Select Bluetooth
- Tap the AirPods icon
- Select your respective AirPod (left or right)
- Select default settings
- Then choose Next Track to make sure that your default double-tap action for that particular AirPod.
- Repeat the process with the other AirPods.
What to Do if AirPods Pro Are Not Working
Are your AirPods not working? It could be that you didn’t charge them. Also, it could be a problem with the settings.
So here’s what you need to do if AirPods are not working:
- Charge your AirPods Pro on the charging case and leave the lid open
- Place your AirPods next to your iPod touch, iPad, or iPhone
- Press and hold the button at the back of the case for ten seconds
- When the status light is flashing amber, close and re-open the case
- Reconnect your AirPods
- Go to Apple Menu
- Select System
- Click on Bluetooth
- Select your AirPods as the audio device
AirPods Pro Tips and Tricks
Everyone likes shortcuts as long as they are convenient and help them save time. With AirPods Pro, you can apply simple tips and tricks instead of long processes. Below are a few you can try out.
Gestures on the Go
- Once your AirPods are in your ears, press and hold one of the stems to change from noise cancellation to transparency mode or vice versa; what’s cool is that you can do it on either of the buds. Besides, the feature also works on phone calls.
- Press on either of the buds to play or pause any music or media you’re listening to. You can also use this gesture to answer or decline calls.
- Press the button twice to skip a song, press three times to restart the audio, and press four times to return to the previous song.
iPhone Secret Microphone
- Go to Settings and select Control Center. Next, add the hearing icon to your main control center to access it quickly and toggle this feature on.
- Take your AirPods and pop them in your ears, move to the control center, and toggle on the Live Listen feature. This feature allows you to listen to live audio via your phone’s microphone.
Pairing Two Pairs of AirPods
- You can pair two pairs of AirPods on one iPhone. To do so, go to the control center and press the tiny little icon in the top right corner of the screen to display both pairs of AirPods. Check the boxes next to each AirPods to connect them to your iPhone. What’s cool is that you can toggle the volume of each AirPods independently. Alternatively, you can change their volume from the Control Center.
- Open the Find My app to see all your connected devices. Scroll down to display all connected devices. From the list, locate your AirPods and click on them.
- After finding the live location of your AirPods, you can click on the Play Sound tab to play a sound on the AirPods so that you can find them easily. What’s more, you can choose which one you want to play the sound, whether the left or right bud.
- Click on the Direction tab to find out how to locate your AirPods.
Charging and Charging Case
- Tap on the top of your AirPods Pro case to see if they are fully charged. This trick applies if you’re using wireless charging.
- Alternatively, you can open the AirPods Pro case, and their battery percentage will display on your iPhone immediately.
- You can also check the battery percentage via your Apple Watch. To do so, swipe up the control center and click on the battery icon to see the right and left AirPods and the case. The green circles indicate how much battery is left.
How to Skip Songs with AirPods Pro FAQs
How Long Will My AirPods Pro Last After I Charge Them?
Your AirPods will give you up to four and a half hours of listening time on a single charge. It could also give you up to three and a half hours of talk time.
Why Did My AirPods Stop Working Suddenly?
If your AirPods stop working suddenly, you will need to check their battery status. If they are charged and still do not work, reset your AirPods. If the problem persists after that, contact Apple Support.
Can AirPods Be Repaired?
Apple will repair your malfunctioning AirPods. They can also free-replace AirPods with a manufacturing defect within the warranty period. If you bought your AirPods at Apple Care, you are entitled to $29 for accidental damages.
Can AirPods Battery Be Replaced?
Apple Care will replace your AirPods battery and even service the battery with no charges. However, you’ll need the AppleCare+ cover to be eligible.
Can I Replace My AirPods Pro for Free?
Yes, if your AirPods Pro fall in the affected date range, you can replace them at your local Apple store for free.