Playing Minecraft on PlayStation offers relaxation and adventure in various intriguing modes. As much as Minecraft is an imperative game on the PlayStation, it comes with charges and prescriptions for various modes. Read more to find out how much it costs for Minecraft on PS4.
The full version of Minecraft with no limits goes for $19.99 on the official PlayStation Store. Minecraft Starter Collection on PS4 costs $29.99. For online Minecraft players, they are required to purchase a PlayStation plus prescription. Alternatively, players can download the demo for free to play in restricted mode on PS4 or PS5.
Related: Where to Vote for Minecraft Mob?
Table Of Contents
- 1 How To Get Minecraft on PS4
- 2 What Version of Minecraft is on PS4 2023?
- 3 How Much is Minecraft on PS5
- 4 Minecraft PS4 download
- 5 PS4 Minecraft Version
- 6 Minecraft PS4 Digital Code
- 7 Minecraft PS4 Amazon
- 8 How Much Is Minecraft On PS4 FAQs
- 9 Final Remarks
How To Get Minecraft on PS4
Minecraft is a critically acclaimed practical game that is available on PlayStation4. The game allows users to create their own game world and explore. Here are steps to follow to get Minecraft on PS4 for free or to purchase the full version;
Step 1: Connect the PS4 to an internet connection
- Connect the PS4 system to the internet through Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable. Download Minecraft on your PS4.
- Select settings, then network to set up an internet connection
- Follow the on-screen instructions to configure network settings
- Automatically connect with an easy-to-use LAN cable or select the Wi-Fi you want to connect to and configure settings
Related: How Much is Minecraft on Switch?
Step 2: Log in to PlayStation Network
- Ensure you have connected your PlayStation 4 to a working internet connection. Proceed to log in to PlayStation Network
- PlayStation Network acts as the gateway to all Sony online services. If you don’t have a PSN account, you can create it for free, as shown below;
- Go to menu settings and click PlayStation Network/ Account Management.
- Select New to PlayStation network and then proceed to create an account by following the on-screen instructions
Step 3: Subscribe to PlayStation Plus
PlayStation Plus acts as a membership service for PlayStation Network. PlayStation members can play select games and content without restrictions, enjoy special features, or join friends in multiplayer games. The subscription automatically backs up saved data for games to cloud/ online storage. Here is how to subscribe to PlayStation Plus;
- Select PlayStation Plus
- On the function screen, click join PlayStation plus
- Then purchase a preferred subscription. The subscription service automatically renews at the end of the subscription period.
Step 4: Download Minecraft for free on PS4
You can download the demo version of Minecraft after successfully signing up for PlayStation Plus. Follow the steps below to download the demo;
- On the console home screen, press the PlayStation store icon, then select the search tab at the top.
- Type Minecraft and press the button X controller on top of the box Minecraft
- Tap the button free trial to start downloading the Minecraft PS4 demo
- Play the downloaded edition by pressing the Minecraft icon that will appear on the main screen of the PS4.
Step 5: Purchase the full Minecraft version on PS4
After trying the free version, you might opt to buy the full version. Here is how to do it;
- Open the PlayStation store
- Go to the search tab at the top and type Minecraft
- Select the tile Minecraft from the list on the right
- Click the button X and choose your version and purchase it
- Follow the on-screen instructions to input details about your preferred payment method.
Related: How to Get Minecraft for Free on Your Phone in 2023
What Version of Minecraft is on PS4 2023?
The 2023 Minecraft on the PS4 version is available in Bedrock Edition. The Bedrock edition gained access to servers in late 2020. Minecraft DLC is available in the PlayStation store, and users can download the Bedrock version for free, keeping in mind that not all DLC will be transferred. The PS4 version of Minecraft edition can be played on PlayStation Vita through Remote Play.
How Much is Minecraft on PS5
There is no Minecraft version for PlayStation 5, but playing the game on your PS5 console is possible. Minecraft PlayStation 4 edition is compatible with PlayStation 5. Therefore, you can download or purchase the PS4 Minecraft edition at only $19.99 on the official PlayStation store and then play it on the PS5 console. Minecraft is playable on PS5, but some features available on PS4 might be absent.
Related: How to Make a Toilet in Minecraft
Minecraft PS4 download
Minecraft is available in both physical discs and digitally from the PlayStation store. You will need to purchase Minecraft once. Re-downloading is usually free if you have access to the account you purchased it from. If you want to enter the world of the famous title Mojang, here is how to download the Minecraft PS4 version;
- Go to the PlayStation store and search for Minecraft on the search tab
- Once it pops up, hit the installation button and wait for the download to finish
- Head back to your game library to play Minecraft.
Related: How Much Is Minecraft on Xbox One?
PS4 Minecraft Version
Minecraft is a game of construction, adventure, and survival. It offers freedom of action and can be customized with skins and mods. The Minecraft PS4 bedrock version supports split-screen play for you to explore and build with up to eight players. Minecraft on PS4 allows playing cross-platforms with other devices running Minecraft.
Related: Can you Play Minecraft on Macbook? Yes, And This is How
The PS4 Minecraft version comes bundled with DLC packs and skins and supports PlayStation VR. The Bedrock version doesn’t require powerful devices; thus, it will run more smoothly than the Java edition. In addition, the PS4 version has additional gameplay changes like faster minecarts and varying nether wart generation.
Minecraft PS4 Digital Code
Finding the best price to download the PS4 Minecraft Edition is crucial. Activating the PS4 digital code on the PlayStation network allows you to download, install, and play Minecraft. You can shop Minecraft digital code on online platforms like Amazon. The PlayStation Digital code can be as low as $10 up to over $50 per gift card.
Minecraft PS4 Amazon
If the price of Minecraft on the PlayStation store is too high, consider looking at the best discounts available in online markets like Amazon. The standard pack of Minecraft PlayStation 4 edition is available on Amazon and currently costs $53.00. Purchase the Minecraft physical disc to build and conquer open-world games while crafting all sorts of items.
How Much Is Minecraft On PS4 FAQs
Is Minecraft Still Free on PS4?
Minecraft is a paid game, but players can download the demo version for free on PS4. Users play the demo version directly through the PlayStation store but cannot save their progress. Once the game is closed, the adventure can’t continue.
Do I Have to Buy Minecraft if I Have it on PS4?
You must purchase Minecraft again if you want to migrate from varying platforms. You can play Minecraft on both PS4 and PS5 consoles. Contrary, if you have already purchased the PS3 version of the game, you can upgrade for $4.99 via the PlayStation store.
I know you are now aware of how much it will cost to play Minecraft on PS4. Follow the steps mentioned above to download and play Minecraft on your PS4. Get the Minecraft edition on PS4 to play creative mode with unlimited resources or engage in survival mode crafting weapons and armor.