Minecraft on Xbox One supports split-screen play purposely for you to build with friends. It is available as a physical disc or digitally from the Microsoft store. To play Minecraft on Xbox One, you must have an Xbox Game Pass membership.
Game Pass membership provides you with collections to choose from, which include:
- Base Game
- Starter Collection
Let’s look at each of them in depth
Table Of Contents
It comprises Minecraft essentials. You will be charged $19.99 for this collection.
This collection consists of the following:
- Base game
- 700 Minecoins
- 2 Skin Packs
- 1 Texture Pack
- 1 Mash-up Pack
- 1 World
The collection charges $29.99.
Related: How Much is Minecraft on Switch?
Is Minecraft Free on Xbox One?
No, Minecraft is not free on Xbox. You must either pay for the game to play it or subscribe to Game Pass, which is the only option to play Minecraft for free.
If you want to play Minecraft for free, you must be an Xbox Game Pass subscriber since the company offers free to all of its subscribers. Since you essentially paid for the Game Pass subscription, Minecraft is technically not free. However, Xbox lists it as one of the perks for members who buy subscriptions to entice more users to sign up for the service.
Minecraft ranks as one of the most played games worldwide, and thus it doesn’t sound weird to have many users enquiring if there are options to play it for free. However, game policies have changed since Microsoft paid 2.5 billion dollars for intellectual property rights, mainly after it was brought to Xbox. The goal of any firm when they buy an asset is to make money off it, and Microsoft was no exception. They come up with promotions that will entice clients to make payments for subscriptions to the asset.
This gave the concept of Game Pass, a subscription-based program that enables Xbox customers to obtain free access to particular games. This implies that if you buy a Game Pass subscription, you’ll get access to Minecraft for free.
Learn To Play Minecraft For Free On Xbox Game Pass
This process involves two stages which include:
- Getting Game Pass Subscription on your Xbox
- Downloading Minecraft for free on a Game pass
Getting Game Pass Subscription on Your Xbox
To get and activate a Game Pass subscription on your Xbox, you should follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Game Pass Section of the Xbox Website – The web browser on your laptop or smartphone can be used for this. On your device, open the Xbox website and go to the Game Pass section. Then click “Join Now” to continue.
- Select the Best Plan For You – You will be provided with various plans to choose from. Kindly select the one that fits your budget. If you opt for the Ultimate plan, you will be charged $14 per month, but the first month is only $1. After making your purchase and verifying the transaction, you will receive an Xbox Console activation code.
- Power on Your Xbox Console and Select the Xbox One Button – Turn on your Xbox console and hit the Xbox button to access the guide after finishing the game pass purchase.
- Return Home – To activate and redeem your Game Pass, go to your Xbox’s home page.
- Select the “Store” Tab – To redeem the code, go to your Xbox store. Make sure the Xbox account you want the Game Pass to be on is the one you are signed in to.
- Tap “Use Code” – Select “Use Code” and fill in the 25-character game pass code you got from the Xbox website. Then click the “next” button.
- Verify Your Entry – Verify that the 25-character code you entered corresponds to the Game Pass you purchased on the Xbox website. Click “complete” once you are sure.
Downloading Minecraft for Free on Game Pass
To download, follow these steps:
- Press the Xbox Button – To access the Xbox guide and get to your Xbox Home Screen, press the Xbox button.
- Return Home – After activating your Game Pass, go to your Xbox’s home page to access the free Minecraft download on your console.
- Select the “Store” Tab – To download and install Minecraft on your Xbox One, go to your Xbox store.
- Search for Minecraft – To find Minecraft on your console, go to the search box and type “Minecraft.” Minecraft will appear in your search results.
- Download and Install Minecraft – When search results appear, click “Download.” You’ll now need to click “install” to complete the installation process after downloading it to your console.
Related: How Much Is Minecraft On PS4?
Everything You Need to Know About Minecraft Xbox One Update
Minecraft 1.19 update is now available on The Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, PC, and mobile platforms. The Deep Dark and Mangrove biomes, The Warden, Allays, and even frogs, are all part of the “The Wild update,” which you can explore.
There are plenty of locations to explore in the new biomes. Some include the swamp in the mangrove biome and the Ancient Cities in the Deep Dark. Additionally, you must exercise caution when exploring the “Deep Dark” to avoid calling it “The Warden.” If you’d prefer something less frightful, you should visit the Mangrove biome to see some tadpoles and frogs
The new biomes and mobs have been teased since the Minecraft 1.19 update was initially announced at Minecraft Live 2021. Mojang has tested some new features through betas, but they are now available to everyone.
How Much Does Minecraft Xbox Series Cost?
The 1TB Minecraft Xbox One series goes at $199.00. It includes the console set (with one wireless controller), multiple Minecraft redemption codes, and additional benefits.
Minecraft is an exciting game, and I hope all your questions regarding the game have been answered exhaustively. If you are new to Minecraft, you don’t have to fret! This guide provides enough information on how to play Minecraft on Xbox One at a low cost.