Monitors with USB C power delivery are great, as they save precious space by powering your work laptop and driving the display with a single cable, provided your work laptop has a USB C port.
- If you are only using your monitor for general work, consider purchasing a 1080p or 1440p monitor if you want to use a large screen. Of course, this depends on your job – if you work in a creative role such as design or video editing, then a 4K monitor is necessary.
- Monitors with USB C power delivery are great, as they save precious space by powering your work laptop and driving the display with a single cable, provided your work laptop has a USB C port.
Working from home is more common than ever, and the need for a good monitor is just as critical. In this article, we will go over some of the best monitors available on the market.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Which Monitor Is Best for Office Work?
- 2 Is a 24 or 27-Inch Monitor Better for Work?
- 3 Is a 32-Inch Monitor Too Big for Work?
- 4 Best Overall Monitor for Working From Home (Best for Dual Monitor Setup)
- 5 Best Budget Monitor for Working From Home
- 6 Best Premium Monitor for Working From Home
- 7 Best Curved Monitor for Working From Home
- 8 Best 27-Inch Work From Home Monitor & Best for Mac Users
- 9 Conclusion
Which Monitor Is Best for Office Work?
There are a few factors to consider when purchasing a monitor for office work. First, the size of the monitor is essential, as you will likely be sitting relatively close to it. A 27-inch monitor is a good option for most people.
The resolution is also essential, as you want to see clearly what is on your screen. Therefore, a resolution of 1920×1080 is ideal.
Please also ensure that the monitor has an anti-glare coating, which will help reduce eye strain during long days at work.
Related: Best 4K Ultrawide Monitors – 7 Best Options in 2023
Is a 24 or 27-Inch Monitor Better for Work?
There are a few key factors to consider when choosing between a 24 and 27-inch monitor for work.
First, think about the amount of desk space you have. A 24-inch monitor may be a better option if you have a smaller desk since it will take up less space. If you have a larger desk, a 27-inch monitor may be a better choice since it will give you more screen estate-amount of space available on display for an application to provide the output.
Second, consider the resolution that you need. If you need a higher resolution for graphic design or video editing work, then a 27-inch monitor is likely your best option. However, if you need a basic resolution for general office work, then a 24-inch monitor should suffice.
Finally, think about your budget. 27-inch monitors are more expensive than 24-inch monitors, so if cost is a concern, the 24-inch option may be the better choice.
Related: Best Dual Monitor Stand – 6 Options For All Monitor Sizes
Is a 32-Inch Monitor Too Big for Work?
A 32-inch monitor may seem like it would be too big for work, but it can be just the right size. It can give you the extra screen real estate needed to get your work done while providing a great viewing experience.
For instance, a 32-inch monitor is ideal for work because it gives you plenty of space to multitask. You can have multiple windows open side by side and still have room to spare. Plus, the extra screen real estate is excellent for productivity tasks like audio or video editing.
The key is to find the right balance between screen size and resolution. A 32-inch monitor can provide a very sharp and clear picture if you have a high-resolution monitor. This can be especially helpful if you need to do a lot of graphic design work or other types of work that require a high level of detail.
Related: Best Vertical Monitor – Top 5 Picks for Work, Text, Coding & Media
Below Is Our Pick for the Best Monitors for Working from Home:
- Best Overall (and dual monitor setup): Dell P2223HC 21.5″
- Best Budget: HP 24mh FHD Monitor
- Best Premium: Dell UltraSharp U2520D 25 Inch QHD
- Best Curved Monitor: ViewSonic ELITE XG270QC
- Best 27-Inch & Best For Mac: Dell UltraSharp U2723QE 27″ 4K UHD
Best Overall Monitor for Working From Home (Best for Dual Monitor Setup)
Dell P2223HC 21.5″ Full HD WLED LCD Monitor – 16:9 – Black
- Screen Size: 21.5 Inches.
- Display Resolution Maximum: 1920 x 1080 Pixels.
- Brand. Dell.
- Special Feature: Height Adjustment.
- Refresh Rate:75 Hz.
The Dell P2223HC is our top choice for monitors you can buy for working from home. It has a 21.5″ Full HD display, perfect for dual monitor setups. Let’s look at its key features:
This monitor has a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080 and an anti-glare coating that helps reduce eye fatigue. It’s equipped with a WLED backlight, making it bright and clear. The black bezel and stand look great too.
It has wide viewing angles of 178 degrees horizontal and 178 degrees vertical, enabling you to enjoy the picture from almost anywhere in the room.
The monitor also includes VGA and HDMI ports for easy connectivity to your computer or other devices.
- Top choice for dual monitor setups.
- Anti-glare display with a genuine black panel.
- Offers HD resolution.
- It contains multiple ports on the back of the unit for connecting to other peripherals.
- Maximum brightness is only 250 nits, so it may not be suitable for very bright rooms.
- Multiple ports on the back of the unit can be challenging to keep organized.
Note: The Dell P2223HC isn’t a touchscreen monitor. So, if you’re looking for a touchscreen option, it may limit you.
Check the Dell P2223HC’s latest prices on Amazon
Best Budget Monitor for Working From Home
HP 24MH FHD Monitor – 23.8-Inch IPS Display (1080p)
- Screen Size: 23.8 Inches.
- Display Resolution Maximum: 1920 x 1080 Pixels.
- Brand: HP.
- Special Feature: Height Adjustment, Blue Light Filter, Tilt Adjustment, Built-In Speakers.
- Refresh Rate:75 Hz.
The HP 24mh FHD Monitor is a computer monitor with a 23.8-Inch IPS Display (1080p). This monitor is the best pocket-friendly, with clear, consistent image quality and wide viewing angles. The HP 24mh FHD Monitor also has several features that make it an excellent choice for home and office use.
The HP 24MH FHD Monitor has a slim and lightweight design that makes it easy to transport and set up.
It has a matte anti-glare finish that reduces eye strain and a built-in speaker that provides clear sound without needing external speakers.
The monitor features an HDMI port for easy connection to your computer or other devices.
Lastly, you don’t have to worry about mounting. It has a VESA mount compatibility for easy mounting on a wall or stand. Let’s take a look at its specifications below:
- Fitted with multiple connectors, including DisplayPort, HDMI, and VGA connectors
- This monitor offers an incredible amount of sRGB color coverage.
- With 2-watt speakers, this device will sound great even if you don’t plug in headphones.
- IPS monitors are a great option if you like high-contrast screens
- The stand supports height, pivot, and tilt adjustment.
- Most users have reviewed it as being poor in brightness.
- Warranty restricted to one year.
Check the HP 24mh FHD Monitor’s latest prices on Amazon
Best Premium Monitor for Working From Home
Dell Ultrasharp U2520D 25 Inch QHD (2560 X 1440)
- Screen size:25″ In-Plane Switching (IPS) Panel.
- Special Features: DisplayPort + HDMI + USB Type-C Inputs.
- QHD: 2560 x 1440 Resolution @ 60 Hz.
- 1000:1 Static Contrast Ratio.
- Brand: Dell
The Dell UltraSharp U2520D is the best premium monitor for working from home. The monitor is fitted with a 25-inch LED-backlit LCD IPS monitor with a resolution of 2560 x 1440. It has a USB-C port for connecting to a PC or laptop and includes two HDMI 2.0 ports and a DisplayPort 1.4.
The monitor is Vesa DisplayHDR 400 certified, meaning it is the best premium monitor for working from home that displays top HDR content with accurate colors and contrast.
The monitor also features an anti-glare screen coating, making it top in reducing eye strain and making it easier to work for long periods. The monitor is compatible with Windows and macOS operating systems and has a three-year warranty.
It also features 99% sRGB coverage so that colors look accurate and true to life.
The stand is adjustable for height and tilt, and the monitor comes with a 3-year warranty.
- Thanks to our state-of-the-art scanners that produce high-quality scans, you will never have to worry about poor-quality images. There are no grainy images or blurry photos – just crystal clear shots every time.
- The monitor form factor is compact and lightweight.
- Splendid Build Quality
- 90w USB C power delivery, you can charge your laptop and display with one single USB C cable.
- Limited Backlight
- Uses On-Screen Buttons
Check the Dell UltraSharp U2520D’s latest prices on Amazon
Best Curved Monitor for Working From Home
Viewsonic Elite XG270QC 27 Inch Curved 1440P 1MS 165HZ
- Screen Size:27 Inches
- Display Resolution Maximum:2560 x 1440 Pixels
- Brand: ViewSonic
- Special Feature: Anti Glare
- Refresh Rate:165 Hz
ViewSonic’s ELITE XG270QC is one of the best-curved monitors for working from home, thanks to its large 27-inch display, 1440p resolution, and ultrafast 1ms response time. It also has a 165Hz refresh rate, which is great for gamers or anyone who needs a fast and responsive display.
ViewSonic’s ELITE XG270QC is a 27-inch curved gaming monitor with a 1440p resolution and a 1ms response time.
The 165Hz refresh rate ensures smooth gameplay, while the AMD FreeSync technology eliminates screen tearing and stuttering.
The curved design also helps reduce eye strain and fatigue, making it more comfortable for the game for long periods.
The monitor also features an ergonomic design with adjustable height, swivel, and tilt for added comfort.
Related: Best Curved Monitor For MacBook Pro
- Vibrant colors
- High frame rate
- Smooth curves
- Beautiful screen
- Fast refresh rate.
- Low input lag.
- No RGB mode
- Requires a lot of space
- It is more expensive than other brands like Samsung CHG70.
Check the ViewSonic’s ELITE XG270QC‘s latest prices on Amazon
Best 27-Inch Work From Home Monitor & Best for Mac Users
Dell Ultrasharp U2723QE 27” 4K UHD Wled LCD Monitor
- Display Type: LED-backlit LCD monitor / TFT active matrix.
- Diagonal Size: 27″
- Built-in Devices: USB 3.2 Gen 2/USB-C hub.
- USB Power Delivery: 90 Watt.
- Panel Type: IPS Black Technology.
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9.
- Native Resolution: 4K 3840 x 2160 at 60 Hz.
If you’re looking for the best work-from-home monitor for Mac, you can’t go wrong with the Dell UltraSharp U2723QE 27″ 4K UHD WLED LCD Monitor – 16:9 available in Black and Silver.
This Dell Ultra-shape monitor is perfect for giving you a large, high-resolution workspace, and it’s packed with features that make it ideal for working from home.
With its five-millisecond response time, you won’t have to worry about lag when working on projects or streaming video. And its 99% sRGB color accuracy means your colors will look accurate and true-to-life. This monitor has built-in speakers and three USB-C ports, so you can easily connect your peripherals.
The LG UltraFine 5K Display is a high-end monitor with a 5120 x 2880 pixels resolution.
It has a wide color gamut and can display over one billion colors. The monitor also features HDR10 compatibility. It is priced at $1,499.
The UltraFine 5K Display is classified as a professional-grade monitor due to its high resolution and wide color gamut. It is ideal for photographers, graphic designers, and video editors who need the highest detail and color accuracy.
The monitor is fitted with all the connectivity options. You need two USB-A ports and two USB-C ports. Plus, the newest model comes with an RJ45 Ethernet port for those on an Ethernet network.
Related: Best Ultrawide Monitor for MacBook Pro
- Its large screen size makes it ideal for creative professionals or those who want to take their gaming to the next level.
- The colors are realistic and rich, and the display is crisp and bright. In addition, it is equipped with blue-light filters, so you won’t have to deal with eye strain. Therefore, your vision will look vibrant even after hours at the desk.
- It supports HDR10 content so that you can enjoy your favorite movies and TV shows in stunning detail.
- The monitor is flicker-free, meaning it won’t cause fatigue even after a whole day of use.
- Short USB-C cable
- Disappointing HDR performance
- Worse backlight bleed
Check the Dell UltraSharp U2723QE 27″ 4K UHD‘s latest prices on Amazon
Picking the best monitor to use while working at home should be based on your needs. If you need a large monitor to get work done more efficiently with a friendly budget, the HP 24mh FHD Monitor is a great option. If you want a curved monitor that will help reduce eye fatigue, the ViewSonic ELITE XG270QC is a good choice. And if you’re looking for the best overall monitor, the Dell P2223HC 21.5″ is our top pick. No matter which monitors you choose, ensure it will help you be productive and comfortable while working from home.