- Curved monitors used to come at a premium, but they are much more affordable nowadays.
- If you are looking for a monitor specifically for office work, consider one with either 1440p or 1080p resolution unless you work in a creative design role, then you should opt for 4k.
A curved monitor is an excellent choice for office work because it offers a wide field of view and enhanced depth perception. This can help you stay more focused on your work and improve productivity. A curved monitor helps reduce eye strain and fatigue, making it more comfortable to use for long periods.
If you’re looking for a top-quality curved monitor for office work, we highly recommend the Dell U-Series 37.5″ Screen LED-Lit Monitor. It features a 3840 x 2160 resolution, 21:9 aspect ratio, and a gentle curve that’s easy on the eyes. Plus, it comes with a handy Thunderbolt 2 port for connecting external devices.
For a more budget-friendly option, consider the HP 34f Curved Monitor. It’s not as large or feature-rich as the Dell U-Series, but it’s still an excellent choice for office work. It has a 3440 x 1440 resolution, 60 Hz refresh rate, and 4ms response time. Plus, it comes with VGA, DVI, and HDMI ports for connecting to your computer. Whichever model you choose, you’re sure to appreciate the benefits of a curved monitor for office work. Thanks for reading! We hope this article was helpful.
Table Of Contents
- 1 What are the benefits of a curved monitor for office work?
- 2 Curved monitors for office work summary
- 3 Is a Curved Monitor OK for Office Work?
- 4 Differences between gaming and office work curved monitors
- 5 What Size Monitor Is Best for Office Work?
- 6 Which Curved Monitor is Best for Work?
- 7 LG 34WN80C-B UltraWide Monitor
- 8 Samsung 32 CF391
- 9 Dell U-Series 37.5″ Screen LED-Lit Monitor (U3818DW)
- 10 Best Ultrawide Curved Monitor for Office Work
- 11 Dell P3421W
- 12 ASUS ROG Strix 34” Ultra-wide
- 13 Dell S3221QS 32 Inch Curved 4K UHD
- 14 Can you use a Curved Monitor with MacBook Pro?
- 15 Conclusion
What are the benefits of a curved monitor for office work?
A curved monitor can offer several benefits for office work, including:
– Improved productivity: A study by LG found that workers using curved monitors were 21% more productive than those using flat monitors. This is likely because a curved monitor offers a broader field of view, making it easier to take in multiple tasks at once.
– Reduced eye strain: A curved monitor’s curve can help reduce eye strain by reducing the amount of blue light that reaches the eyes. Blue light has been linked to several issues, including dry eyes, headaches, and sleep problems.
– Enhanced immersion: A curved monitor can provide a more immersive experience, making it ideal for office workers who spend a lot of time staring at computer screens.
– Sleeker design: Curved monitors tend to have a sleeker, more modern design than flat monitors. This can give your office a more professional look.
Curved monitors for office work summary
- Best Value for Money: LG 34WN80C-B UltraWide Monitor
- Best Premium: Dell U-Series 37.5″ Screen LED-Lit Monitor
- Best Budget: Samsung 32 CF391
- Best Ultrawide Curved Overall: Dell P3421W
- Best Budget Ultrawide Curved: Dell S3221QS 32 Inch Curved 4K UHD
- Best Ultrawide for Gaming & Office Work: ASUS ROG Strix 34” Ultra-wide
Is a Curved Monitor OK for Office Work?
Yes, various advantages of using a curved monitor for office work are listed below:
- Curved panels are made to reduce the head movement required to see the edges of the screen, making them ideal for working with numerous windows, side by side. The curvature gets increasingly valuable as the monitor size increases.
- It is far easier to set up a single ultrawide display than to install two conventional monitors, especially if you are not incredibly tech-savvy. It’s also easier to alter your workflow when you don’t have to divide your windows across two monitors.
- Curved displays are also much better for twin or triple-monitor setups if desk space is not a problem. The transition from one display to the next is considerably smoother than with flat panels, not to mention that the bezels on curved monitors are often relatively tiny.
- For workplace monitors, flat panels are typically limited to roughly 32 inches, but curved panels may be as big as 49 inches and fit the entire image into your field of view.
Differences between gaming and office work curved monitors
A curved monitor is a display device that has a curved surface. This type of monitor is designed to provide a wider field of view and a more immersive experience than a flat-screen monitor. Curved monitors are often used for gaming, as they can give gamers an advantage over their opponents using flat-screen monitors. Curved monitors can also be used for office work, as they can help reduce eye fatigue and improve productivity. Before purchasing, you should be aware of some critical differences between gaming and office work curved monitors.
One of the main differences between gaming and office work curved monitors is the screen’s curvature. Gaming monitors tend to have a more aggressive curve than office work monitors. This is because gamers need a wider field of view to spot their opponents, and the curved screen can provide this. On the other hand, office work monitors don’t require such a wide field of view to have a more subtle curve.
Another difference between gaming and office work curved monitors is the refresh rate. Gaming monitors tend to have higher refresh rates than office work monitors. This is because gamers need a smoother gaming experience, and a higher refresh rate can provide this. On the other hand, office work monitors don’t need such a high refresh rate, so that they can have a lower refresh rate.
Finally, the price is another difference between gaming and office work curved monitors. Gaming monitors tend to be more expensive than office work monitors. This is because gaming monitors need higher-quality components to provide a smooth gaming experience. On the other hand, office work monitors don’t need such high-quality ingredients, so that they can be cheaper.
So, if you’re looking for a curved monitor for either gaming or office work, there are some key differences that you should be aware of. Gaming monitors tend to have more aggressive curves and higher refresh rates, while office work monitors have more subtle curves and lower refresh rates. Additionally, gaming monitors tend to be more expensive than office work monitors. Keep these things in mind to choose the right curved monitor for your needs.
What Size Monitor Is Best for Office Work?
For the majority of office jobs, a 24-inch monitor will suffice. A standard-sized desktop monitor of 23 to 24 inches is very comfortable for most people, and it is a decent price-to-size ratio.
You will be OK with a 24-inch monitor for basic knowledge and office duties. If visualization is vital to your job, a 27-inch monitor is the way to go. Suppose you want to view movies and play games on your work monitor while at home. Consider a 27-inch monitor that supports 4K. Only get a 32-inch monitor if your job demands it, and you have adequate room and depth to position it correctly (at least 4 feet from your face).
Only professionals who need the extra room can profit from the 32-inch displays. A dual-monitor setup is often handier than upgrading to a larger screen.
Which Curved Monitor is Best for Work?
An In-plane Switching (IPS) monitor is an excellent choice for many users. It guarantees better viewing angles than other models in the market, and the LG 34WN80C-B ultrawide monitor is a top pick.
This model has a curved monitor ideal for large-screen viewing while working, playing your favorite games, or watching movies. The 34-inch screen it’s excellent for multitasking and guarantees an ultrawide viewing experience at a 60Hz refresh rate. You will enjoy 30% more screen space and use its ultrawide mode without worrying about black bars.
The 21: 9 aspect ratio and the screen split 2.0 feature make this model an outstanding choice for immersive gaming. Pick the LG 34WN80C-B model if you are eager to enjoy increased productivity at office work. The standout screen width and height of the display make it easy to perform different tasks.
It is easy to like and fancy this LG monitor model’s ultrawide WQHD with 3440 X 1440 resolution. It guarantees 2.4 times the compactness of Full HD to deliver razor-sharp images and display content without having to zoom out or do a lot of scrolling.
The model supports sRGB 99% color gamut for accurate display between input and output images. Its on-screen control offers an additional display for remote work, and you don’t have to stress about monitor brightness, contrast, and positioning.
The monitor is HDR 10 compatible and can display a broader spectrum of contrast and colors. It will show more details even in light and dark settings.
This 3-side, virtually borderless model generally promises an extra-wide panoramic desktop experience and better control with its tilt/height adjustable stand.
- Screen size: 34 Inches
- Resolution: 3440 x 1440 Pixels
- Refresh rate: 60 Hz
- Connectivity: USB Type-C
- Wider viewing angles
- Offers USB-Type C connectivity
- Better color/contrast
- Unmatched screen consistency and color accuracy
- Height adjustable for better viewing and work control
may require an adapter or converter due to differences in outlets and voltage depending on your country of residence
Samsung’s CF391 monitor is an excellent choice for an affordable yet high-quality display. Its large 32-inch screen and slim bezel design make it perfect for home and office use. The display features a Full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080, making it great for watching movies or working on detailed graphics projects.
With its AMD FreeSync technology, it can help reduce screen tearing and stuttering for a smoother gaming experience. Plus, its Eye Saver Mode helps to reduce eye strain by reducing blue light emissions. Whether you’re looking for an affordable large-screen monitor for everyday use or a gaming-ready display, the Samsung CF391 is a great option.
- The Samsung CF391 monitor has an ultra-slim and elegant appearance, measuring less than 0.5 inches thick. With the 32-inch curved screen, you can make a striking statement while keeping productive. The basic circular stand will give your room a contemporary feel.
- Samsung’s Active Crystal Color technology produces rich, astonishingly vivid colors. Deep blacks and dazzling whites are delivered by the exceptional 5000:1 contrast ratio, allowing you can see well even in the darkest or brightest surroundings.
- The Energy-saving function decreases screen brightness to save electricity, and the screen brightness automatically changes fluidly-reducing energy consumption even further.
- The screen’s 1800R curvature creates an immersive viewing experience, allowing you to enjoy large, bold, and magnificent panoramic vistas whether working or playing. The Samsung CF391 monitor, with its design inspired by the human eye’s curve, provides a delightful viewing experience for home or business usage.
- The curved design of the monitor provides a broader field of view, making you feel more immersed in the content.
- The AMD FreeSync technology ensures that images remain clear and tear-free even during fast-paced gaming sessions.
- The Full HD resolution makes for sharp visuals and vivid colors.
- An Eye Saver Mode reduces blue light emission, making it easier to use the monitor for long periods without eye strain.
- The monitor is expensive compared to flat monitors with comparable features.
- 32 inches may be too “small” of a viewing area for those who prefer more extensive displays.
- While the curved design provides an immersive experience, it also means the monitor has narrower viewing angles.
- The refresh rate is limited to 60 Hz, which may be too slow for some gamers.
The Dell U-Series 37.5″ Screen LED-Lit Monitor (U3818DW) is a large, high-resolution monitor perfect for productivity and multimedia use. The 3840 x 2160 resolution delivers stunning detail and clarity, while the wide viewing angles and In-Plane Switching (IPS) panel technology provide excellent image quality from every angle.
The monitor also features a built-in USB Type-C port for easy connectivity to your PC or laptop and various input ports for connecting other devices. Whether working on a complex project or just streaming your favorite movie, the Dell U-Series 37.5″ Screen LED-Lit Monitor (U3818DW) is great for any task.
- The extremely wide curved display, 95.2cm (37.5 inches), has a 21:9 aspect ratio and provides roughly 25% more screen content than a 95.2cm panel (37.5 inches). A stunning, spacious display with InfinityEdge provides a nearly borderless screen.
- The curved screen provides a panoramic viewing experience, while the inbuilt 9W speakers provide high-quality audio—a one-two punch that makes this monitor excellent for video editing applications.
- With a WQHD+ 3840 x 1600 screen with In-Plane Switching technology, you can expect superb detail and color consistency over a broad viewing angle.
- HDCP, game mode, LED edge light system, CustomColor Mode, stand lock, 99 percent sRGB color gamut, integrated cable management, picture in picture, BFR/PVC-free, Mercury-free, Transition Minimised Differential Signaling (TMDS) technology, arsenic-free glass, Factory Calibration Report, Infinity Edge display Movie Mode, 99 percent Rec 709 color gamut, 78.1 percent DCI-P3, Multimedia Mode, Dell Easy Arrange, Dell ComfortView, Color Temperature Selection, Movie Mode, 99 percent Rec 709 color gamut, 78.1 percent DCI-P3, Multimedia Mode.
- Large size for multitasking and multi-touching. The 37.5” screen allows for larger windows of applications or two smaller windows side-by-side with plenty of room to spare.
- LED backlighting provides a brighter picture while still allowing the monitor to remain slim and lightweight in design.
- Adjustable tilt, swivel, and height make this monitor ideal for any workspace.
- Built-in speakers provide convenient sound without the need for external devices.
- Expensive price point compared to other monitors of similar size.
- Limited ports on the back of the monitor may require additional adapters or devices to be used.
- Low refresh rate compared to other monitors makes it less suitable for gaming.
Best Ultrawide Curved Monitor for Office Work
The Dell P3421W is an excellent choice for an affordable, reliable, robust 34-inch monitor. Featuring a Quad HD resolution of 3440 x 1440 pixels, the P3421W delivers razor-sharp images and text with excellent detail. Additionally, its wide viewing angles make it ideal for both work and play. Plus, its slim design makes it a great addition to any workspace. Overall, the Dell P3421W is an excellent choice for anyone in the market for a quality 34-inch monitor.
- The monitor has a solid stand and a USB-C port to connect two computers with only one wire.
- For a more pleasant visual experience over extended viewing periods, the 3800R screen curvature delivers an ultrawide 21:9 field of vision, reduces reflection, and gives near-uniform visual focus.
- A broad perspective: Unparalleled concentration: With a panoramic perspective, increased peripheral vision, and remarkable depth, you can focus more on your job at home or the workplace.
- Sleek, modern design with a curved VA panel.
- 1440p resolution and support for HDR content.
- Excellent color accuracy and wide viewing angles.
- AMD FreeSync technology eliminates screen tearing in games.
- The monitor may be too large for some smaller desks or rooms.
- Vertical viewing angles can be pretty limited.
- Response time is a bit slower when compared to other monitors.
The ASUS ROG Strix 34” Ultra-wide is a premium gaming monitor that offers an immersive and ultra-wide viewing experience. It features a 34” IPS panel with a resolution of 3440 x 1440 and a 21:9 aspect ratio. The monitor also has a 144Hz refresh rate, 1ms response time, and G-Sync compatibility for smooth and responsive gameplay.
In addition, the ROG Strix 34” Ultra-wide also features HDR10 support for enhanced colors and contrast. With its sleek design and impressive performance, the ASUS ROG Strix 34” Ultra-wide is the perfect choice for gamers who want the best gaming experience.
The ASUS ROG Strix 34” Ultra-wide is an excellent option for MacBook Pro users. It offers a wide range of features that are perfect for those who want to get the most out of their MacBook pro while on a budget.
- ASUS Fast IPS technology lets the display turn on and off four times quicker than traditional IPS panels, resulting in a 1 ms GTG reaction time and minimal to no smearing or motion blur on the XG349C.
- You’ll enjoy stunningly smooth gaming images, giving you an advantage in first-person shooters, racing, real-time strategy, and sports games.
- Connecting any device is simple and quick, thanks to the reversible USB Type-C connection. It provides DisplayPort video transmission and can function as a USB hub, allowing you to connect your device to your connected peripherals in a clutter-free manner. It may also be used to charge your smartphone.
- VRR is enabled on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10-Series & NVIDIA GeForce RTX 20-Series graphics cards, resulting in a fluid, tear-free gameplay experience.
- Curved monitor that provides an immersive experience
- Outstanding picture quality with high resolution and refresh rate
- Supports 21:9 aspect ratio for gaming
- It has multiple display modes, such as FPS, RTS, etc., to tailor your gaming experience
- Limited viewing angles can be uncomfortable for some users
- It may not be compatible with older graphics cards or PCs
- Lower peak brightness than other gaming monitors
The Dell S3221QS 32 Inch Curved UDH Ultrawide 4K monitor is a great choice for anyone in the market for a high-quality, large-screen display. The monitor features an ultra-thin bezel and a curved design, making it perfect for home and office settings. The picture quality is excellent, with sharp images and bright colors that pop.
Additionally, the built-in speakers provide clear, booming sound that will fill any room. And, for added convenience, the monitor includes both HDMI and DisplayPort inputs. Overall, the Dell S3221QS 32 Inch Curved 4K UHD monitor is an excellent option for a top-of-the-line display.
- For a realistic movie experience, the curved 1800R screen increases your range of vision and delivers a wrap-around perspective.
- Vertical Alignment (VA) display technology, combined with 99 percent sRGB and 90 percent DCI-P3 color coverage, allows you to see richer colors, more depth, and a wider spectrum of hues.
- Built-in twin 5W speakers tuned by award-winning Waves MaxxAudio® provide lifelike sound, throbbing rhythms, and a more extensive cinematic experience.
- The flicker-free screen on this TÜV-certified monitor comes with ComfortView, a function that decreases harmful blue light emissions. It’s made to keep your eyes comfortable for long periods, such as during your next movie marathon.
- The Dell S3221QS 32 Inch Curved UHD Monitor provides an immersive viewing experience with its curved screen design, allowing you to see more of the action.
- It also has a high resolution of 3840 x 2160, producing sharp and vibrant visuals even at wide angles.
- It also has a variety of ports, including HDMI, DisplayPort, and USB-C, to provide users with more options for connecting devices.
- Its built-in speakers deliver immersive sound that adds to the overall viewing experience.
- Although it has an attractive design, the monitor’s plastic stand is not as sturdy as other models.
- The monitor may be too large for some users, making it difficult to fit into tight spaces.
- The monitor can struggle with reflections in bright rooms, which can cause glare and reduce the clarity of images.
- Its refresh rate of 75Hz may leave some gamers wanting a higher rate for smoother gameplay.
Can you use a Curved Monitor with MacBook Pro?
Yes, you can use a curved monitor with MacBook Pro. There are a few things to keep in mind, however. First, the resolution of the curved monitor will need to be high enough to take advantage of the Retina display on the MacBook Pro. Second, the monitor’s curvature may cause some distortion at the edges of the screen.
Finally, make sure that the stand or mount for the monitor is compatible with the MacBook Pro before making your purchase. With these considerations in mind, you should be able to find a great curved monitor that works well with your MacBook Pro.
If you’re looking for a more efficient way to work in your office, consider investing in a curved monitor. Curved monitors provide many benefits over traditional flat monitors, including improved ergonomics and a wider field of view.
Curved monitors are also easier on your eyes since they allow you to take in the entire screen without moving your eyes as much. This can help reduce eye fatigue and strain, making staying focused on your work easier. And since they allow you to see more of the screen at once, you can get more done in less time!
So if you’re looking for a way to boost your productivity and improve your comfort while working, consider investing in a curved monitor. You won’t be disappointed!