4K ultrawide monitors are the perfect choice for those who want the highest level of detail and screen real estate. With a resolution of 3840×2160, these monitors provide 4 times the detail of standard 1080p HD monitors. In addition, ultrawide monitors have a much wider field of view than traditional monitors, giving you more room to work.
- Different monitors suit different purposes, so make sure the monitor is suited to your need.
- Check connections needed are on the monitor you are purchasing.
- A higher refresh rate will perform better for anything with a moving picture, such as gaming or movies.
- True 4k Ultrawide do not exist as of yet the following list is the closest you can get
4k monitors typically have a higher refresh rate than 1080p monitors, so it’s essential to ensure your setup can handle that as well. Finally, you’ll want to consider the price. 4k monitors can be expensive, so it’s essential to ensure you get the best value for your money.
We’ve rounded up the best ultrawide monitors on the market, perfect for designers, video editors, and anyone who wants more screen real estate.
Let’s have a look at some of our best 4K Ultrawide monitor options falling under different categories:
Top 8 4K Ultrawide Monitors
Table Of Contents
- 1 Top 8 4K Ultrawide Monitors
- 2 Who should consider a 4k ultrawide monitor?
- 3 What do you need to consider when choosing a 4k ultrawide monitor?
- 4 Best overall ultrawide 4K monitor
- 5 Best HDR ultrawide 4K monitor
- 6 Best 5K2K resolution monitor
- 7 Best premium ultrawide 4K monitor
- 8 Best 4K ultrawide monitor for work
- 9 Best 120Hz 4K ultrawide monitor
- 10 Best 4K ultrawide monitor for graphics designer
- 11 Best ultrawide 4K monitor for gaming
- 12 4K Ultrawide Monitors — Buying Guide
- 13 4K Ultrawide Monitors FAQs
- 14 Bottom Line
- Best Overall: LG UltraGear 38GN950 IPS Full HD
- Best HDR Monitor: BenQ EX3501R
- Best 5K2K: LG 34WK95U-W 34″ Class 21:9 UltraWide 5K2K
- Best 34″ 4K Monitor: AOC CU34G2X 34″ Curved Frameless
- Best for Work: BenQ EW3880R
- Best 120Hz: Alienware AW3420DW
- Best for Graphics Designer: LG 38WN95C-W Monitor
- Best for Gaming: Acer Nitro XV340CK
Who should consider a 4k ultrawide monitor?
Ultrawide monitors are ideal for professionals who need more screen real estate, such as graphic designers, video editors, and engineers. They’re also great for gamers who want a more immersive experience. If you have the budget, a 4k ultrawide monitor is the way to go. It offers the best image quality and is large enough to accommodate multiple windows side by side.
What do you need to consider when choosing a 4k ultrawide monitor?
A few key things to consider when choosing a 4K ultrawide monitor. Firstly, you need to think about the resolution that you need. Many 4K ultrawide monitors offer resolutions of up to 4096 x 2160, ideal for gaming or watching movies.
However, if you only need a resolution of 1920 x 1080, then you can save money by opting for a cheaper model. Secondly, consider the monitor’s refresh rate and response time. A higher refresh rate will allow you to see more frames per second, which is essential for gaming. A lower response time means that the image on the screen will update more quickly, which is vital for fast-paced action games.
Finally, it would help if you also considered the available ports on the monitor. Some 4K ultrawide monitors only have HDMI ports, while others also have DisplayPort and USB ports. Check what ports are available on the model you are interested in before purchasing.
Best overall ultrawide 4K monitor
The LG UltraGear 38GN950 IPS Full HD is a stunningly designed gaming monitor that offers an immersive and exciting gaming experience. With its large 38-inch screen, IPS panel technology, and Full HD resolution, this monitor is perfect for gamers who want the best visual experience. Additionally, the UltraGear 38GN950 IPS Full HD features a 144Hz refresh rate and 1ms response time, making it one of the fastest gaming monitors on the market. Plus, with NVIDIA G-Sync compatibility, this monitor provides a smooth and tear-free gaming experience. Overall, the LG UltraGear 38GN950 IPS Full HD is a top-of-the-line gaming monitor that delivers an unbeatable visual experience.
- Ultra-wide aspect ratio provides an expansive viewing area.
- Curved design immersion.
- Nano IPS panel delivers lifelike colors.
- Fast response time and high refresh rate for smooth gameplay.
- AMD FreeSync Premium Pro support reduces screen tearing.
- Built-in speakers provide decent audio quality.
- VESA mount compatibility.
- Some users may find the curve excessive.
Best HDR ultrawide 4K monitor
The BenQ EX3501R is a 35-inch curved ultra-wide monitor that offers an immersive viewing experience and plenty of features. Its 3440 x 1440 resolution and 100Hz refresh rate are perfect for gaming, while its HDR10 compatibility ensures you get the most out of your movies and shows. The EX3501R has you covered with DisplayPort, HDMI, and USB-C ports regarding connectivity. And if you want to add a touch of style to your setup, the theEX3501R’s sleek design will turn heads.
So whether you’re looking for a great gaming monitor or want a large screen for working and watching movies, the BenQ EX3501R is an excellent option.
- Excellent image quality with great colors and contrast.
- Immersive gaming experience with its ultra-wide screen and curved design.
- AMD FreeSync technology for a tear-free gaming experience.
- Flicker-free and low blue light technology for eye comfort.
- Built-in speakers provide decent audio quality.
- It may cause some screen tearing for fast-paced games without FreeSync enabled.
- Some users may find the curve too pronounced.
Best 5K2K resolution monitor
The LG 34WK95U-W 34″ Class 21:9 UltraWide 5K2K Nano IPS LED monitor is a distinctive model you will like. It has one-of-a-kind features that make it a top choice for creative professionals.
You have an exceptional monitor with a 5120 x 2160 resolution that defines 5K models. It’s an excellent choice for those who fancy horizontal and vertical display resolution with more content on the screen in its fullness.
The LG 34WK95U-W model offers a 60 Hz refresh rate for better video quality, an improved multitasking experience, and is easy on the eyes. With its 5 ms (GtG) response, this monitor refreshes its pixels faster to prevent blurring.
There is more to enjoy from the 1200:1 contrast and 450 cd/m2 brightness. The model has you covered with deeper blacks, better pictures and 178 comprehensive viewing degree ratings.
The LG Dynamic Action Sync (DAS) panel technology this monitor supports is incredible and makes it easy to enjoy real-time viewing. Plus, the monitor embraces VESA HDR 600 display standard for local dimming. It’s an excellent Nano IPS monitor which promises broad color gamut expression, ideal for professional-level creative work.
This is the model to choose if you have been looking for a model that supports HDMI, Thunderbolt 3, USB Type C inputs, and built-in speakers. And, without a doubt, you will adore its 34-inch slim and sleek design.
- Unmatched color expression and accuracy
- Sleek and functional design
- Perfectly displays HRD images
- It supports several connectivity inputs
- Stunning brightness and image quality
- Built-in speakers may be bulkier and offer average sound quality
- The price is a bit higher compared to other 5K2K models
Best premium ultrawide 4K monitor
The AOC CU34G2X 34″ curved frameless immersive gaming monitor is a distinct model that makes it easy to enjoy an impressive gaming experience thanks to the 34″ ultrawide screen and 1440p – 144hz. The 3440 x 1440 resolution is an excellent option to offer a ton of gaming screen space.
The monitor comes with a VA panel that offers a sharp 144Hz refresh rate and 1ms response rate, making it one of the fastest models to get and improve your gaming speed. The 3-sided frameless design offers 1500R curvature, providing a 178/178-degree viewing angle.
You need to set your favorite game to high-performance mode, and you are good to go. Plus, it’s a curved monitor that utilizes Adaptive-sync technology to reduce stuttering and tearing.
With this model, you will have a flicker-free monitor that embraces the AOC LowBlue mode technology excellent for eye health. You can easily swivel and tilt while gaming as this monitor features an adjustable height stand and is Vesa mountable.
- High gaming performance
- Ultrawide screen great for multitasking
- Flicker-free and excellent for sensitive eyes
- Better gaming control thanks to its adjustable height stand
- Some PC gamers may find the price a bit high
Best 4K ultrawide monitor for work
The BenQ EW3880R is a 38-inch curved ultra-wide monitor that delivers an immersive viewing experience. It features a 21:9 aspect ratio, 3440 x 1440 resolution, and a 144Hz refresh rate for smooth gaming performance. The monitor also has HDR technology for brighter and more vibrant colors. Additionally, it comes with FreeSync support to reduce screen tearing and stuttering. The EW3880R includes HDMI, DisplayPort, and USB Type-C ports for connectivity.
- Fantastic image quality with great colors and good contrast.
- Very good for gaming and other entertainment purposes.
- The design is very sleek and elegant.
- The monitor is straightforward to use and setup.
- Not suitable for all users
Best 120Hz 4K ultrawide monitor
The Alienware AW3420DW is a gaming monitor with a 34-inch curved IPS display with a 3440 x 1440 resolution and a 120Hz refresh rate. The monitor also supports G-Sync and has a 4ms response time. It also comes with an adjustable stand and VESA mount compatibility.
The large 34-inch screen is excellent for gaming, and the curved design offers a more immersive experience. The 120Hz refresh rate is perfect for gamers who want smooth and responsive gameplay. The G-Sync technology ensures that there is no screen tearing or input lag. The build quality is excellent, and the design is eye-catching. The only downside is the price, but overall the Alienware AW3420DW is a great gaming monitor.
- The monitor has a 120Hz refresh rate, which is excellent for gaming and watching movies.
- The monitor is curved, which can provide a more immersive experience.
- It is Adjustable so that you can find the perfect viewing angle.
- The monitor is costly
Best 4K ultrawide monitor for graphics designer
The LG 38WN95C-W Monitor is the best overall ultrawide monitor. It has an impressive 38 inches display, offering ample space for gaming and multitasking. The monitor also has a deep and vibrant display, which enhanced my gaming experience.
Thanks to the 3840 x 1600 pixels QHD display, the monitor has sharp and clear images, which makes the display vibrant. Watching and playing games with this monitor is exciting and comfy as it has wide viewing angles of 178˚(R/L) and 178˚(U/D). You’ll also enjoy brighter whites because the monitor has a high brightness level of up to 450cd/m².
Thanks to the Nano IPS display, I enjoyed this monitor’s accurate colors. The comprehensive 98% DCI-P3 color gamut coverage ensures the monitor produces deep colors for a quality display. Also, I can connect external storage devices to this monitor using the Thunderbolt 3 Connectivity port.
LG 38WN95C-W Monitor has a low 1ms (GtG) response time, making it super responsive and letting you finish your assignments and projects on time. Moreover, the monitor comes with a high 144 Hertz refresh rate, allowing you to game smoothly without experiencing image ghosting, thus improving my gaming experience.
The monitor is compatible with NVIDIA G-Sync, which eliminates screen tearing, stutter, and input lag for the best gaming experience. Finally, it has an ergonomic design that allows for tilt, swivel, and adjust the monitor’s height to enhance comfort.
- A sharp and clear image display
- Smooth gameplay, thanks to G-Sync and high refresh rate
- Wide viewing angles
- Ergonomic design
- The monitor does not support KVM Switch
Best ultrawide 4K monitor for gaming
Acer’s Nitro XV340CK is a 34-inch curved monitor with a 3440×1440 resolution, a 144 Hz refresh rate, and a 4 ms response time. It has an HDMI 2.0 port, a DisplayPort 1.4 port, and a USB 3.1 Type-C port. The monitor also has two built-in 7 W speakers.
- The design is eye-catching and elegant
- Excellent for a graphics designer
- It has a built-in speaker system
- The screen does not move up and down
4K Ultrawide Monitors — Buying Guide
A 4K ultrawide monitor is the perfect way to get the most out of your 4K content. With an ultra-wide field of view, you’ll see more of your favorite movies and games without having to scroll around. Plus, the extra pixels make a sharper image perfect for high-resolution content.
When shopping for a 4K ultrawide monitor, there are a few things to consider. First, ensure that the monitor has a resolution of at least 3840×2160. It is the minimum resolution for a 4K display, and anything less will result in a sub-par experience.
Next, pay attention to the panel type. IPS panels are generally considered the best for 4K ultrawide monitors, as they offer excellent color reproduction and wide viewing angles. However, they can be more expensive than other types of panels.
Finally, take a look at the monitor’s refresh rate. A higher refresh rate will result in a smoother image, but it’s not as crucial for 4K content since the frame rate is usually limited to 30 FPS.
With these factors in mind, you’ll be able to find the perfect 4K ultrawide monitor for your needs.
4K Ultrawide Monitors FAQs
Is 3440×1440 considered 4K?
No, 3440×1440 is considered UltraWide or 1440p. 4K is typically 4096×2160.
Is 1440p better than 1080p?
It depends on what you intend to use the monitor for. 1440p is better than 1080p for productivity or gaming, but not both simultaneously. It is best to pick one use case and stick to it. However, if you are set on getting a 1440p monitor, get an RTX 2060 or RX 5700 XT.
Is 4K worth it over 1440p?
It depends on what type of gamer you are. If you’re playing games casually, 1440p is a great middle ground. If you want to max out games on a 1440p monitor and still have good framerates, you need a very powerful GPU. 4K will give you better framerates in games than 1440p.
Is 3440×1440 good for gaming?
Yes, 3440×1440 is a perfect resolution for gaming. It has enough pixels to provide a clear image, and the aspect ratio is well suited for most games.
Is 3440×1440 better than 1080p?
Compared to 1080p, 3440×1440 provides you with more vivid details and more screen real estate (just how much more depends on the screen size and pixel-per-inch ratio), but it’s also more power-hungry when it comes to gaming.
Is 4k gaming worth it?
Currently, 4K gaming and 4K content are still a bit scarce, making 4K TVs less useful for gaming. So if you’re buying a 4K TV for gaming or already own one, you’re likely better off just waiting a little longer.
The best 4k ultrawide monitors provide an immersive experience for gaming, movies, and other entertainment. They offer a wide field of view and stunning visuals, making them an excellent choice for any PC setup.
These monitors are typically more expensive than traditional monitors, but they offer a much better experience. If you’re looking for the best possible gaming or entertainment experience, a 4k ultrawide monitor is the way to go.