Amazon Firestick is an excellent way of streaming content to your TV. However, it restricts content to limited platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and other TV networks. However, you need to subscribe to the platforms, which is expensive.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Jailbreak Firestick in 10 Seconds
- 2 Can You Jailbreak a Firestick Yourself?
- 3 What Does Jailbreaking a Firestick get You?
- 4 Is It Worth It to Jailbreak a Firestick?
- 5 What Channels Can You Get on a Firebroken Firestick?
- 6 Titanium TV
- 7 How to Jailbreak a Firestick Cinema
- 8 Has Anyone Gotten in Trouble for Using a Jailbroken Firestick?
- 9 How to Use a Jailbroken Firestick for the First Time
- 10 Wrap-up – How to Jailbreak a Firestick
How to Jailbreak a Firestick Step By Step:
- Ensure your Firestick is connected to the internet and updated to the latest software version.
- Go to the Firestick settings, then to the device, then to developer options, and turn on “ADB debugging” and “Apps from unknown sources.”
- Install a downloader app from the Amazon Appstore
- Use the downloader app to download a jailbreak file, such as Kodi or Mobdro.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the jailbreak file
- Once the jailbreak is complete, you can access a wide range of streaming options and apps unavailable through the official Amazon Appstore.
- Be aware that jailbreaking your Firestick may void your warranty and put your device at risk of malware and other security issues.
It’s important to note that jailbreaking a Firestick could be illegal in some countries and also against the terms of service of Amazon.
Jailbreaking a Firestick allows you to access third-party apps for all your favorite TV shows, movies, series, and sports.
Jailbreaking has various benefits, including:
- It enhances privacy as it’ll send less data back to Amazon about your usage
- It allows you to download lots of third-party apps, including Kodim, from a library, such as Unlinked
- Jailbreaking a Firestick is easy and fast and only takes a few minutes
So, how do you jailbreak a Firestick?
Jailbreak Firestick in 10 Seconds
Jailbreaking a Firestick is a simple process that takes you a few seconds to complete. Ensure you get every step right, as any mistake can fail you.
Here’s a step-by-step process of how to jailbreak a Firestick:
- Turn on your TV and use t to connect the Firestick. When the TV is open, allow it time for the Home screen to load
- Next, use the navigation key to the menu and click Settings. Alternatively, you can press and hold the home button for a while and then go to Settings
3. After opening the settings, choose My Fire TV from the list
4. From the dropdown menu that appears scroll down and go to the Developer options
5. After opening the Developer options, go to Apps from Unknown Sources and use the Select button to turn the option on
You’ll get a warning message on your screen about turning on apps from unknown sources. Simply ignore the message and press the Turn on button
6. After allowing apps from other sources, return to the settings and go to the Preferences
7. Next, go to the Privacy settings, and from the screen that appears, click Collect App Usage Data. When you click Collect App Usage Data, you’ll get a prompt message that you should Turn off
8. Next, return to the Preferences and go to Data Monitoring and click on it. From the next screen that appears, disable the Data Monitoring
With that, you have successfully jailbroken the Firestick and you can now download and install any third-party app on your device. Ensure you get it right on how to install the third-party apps.
Can You Jailbreak a Firestick Yourself?
You’re probably wondering whether you can jailbreak a Firestick to allow you to enjoy content without the expensive subscriptions.
Well, the short answer is yes you can. Jailbreaking a Firestick doesn’t require you to be a technician, as it’s a straightforward process.
Jailbreaking an iOS device requires you to work on the software, and you may also have to modify the firmware. On the other side, jailbreaking Firesick doesn’t require you to modify the firmware or software.
Although it seems like a technical term, jailbreaking refers to allowing apps from unknown sources to help a user install third-party apps.
Jailbreaking is a simple process that takes you only a few minutes to complete. However, it would be best if you were keen not to make any mistakes to ensure the process is successful.
What Does Jailbreaking a Firestick get You?
Jailbreaking a Firestick comes with various benefits.
One of the benefits of jailbreaking a Firestick is enhanced privacy. During jailbreaking, you turn off some of the reporting and data monitoring that the device sends back to Amazon.
Turning off the data monitoring and reporting reduces the chances of Amazon tracking your activities. Therefore, you’ll get fewer targeted ads.
Another incredible benefit of jailbreaking Firestick is that you’ll get access to Firestick channels and apps that you may not otherwise get on Amazon’s app store.
If you have a jailbroken Firestick, you can also use various apps for android devices. The devices with VPNs for Firestick allow you to access restricted content in your region. You can set the VPN to show you’re in another location.
Is It Worth It to Jailbreak a Firestick?
Yes, jailbreaking a Firestick is worth it as it allows you to utilize the full potential of the Firestick. You can download any third-party streaming app on your device.
So, should you buy a jailbroken Firestick?
You don’t have to buy a jailbroken Firestick for various reasons. First, you don’t require to have the advanced technical knowledge to jailbreak a Firestick yourself. You don’t need to modify any hardware or software.
Furthermore, jailbreaking a Firestick is legal provided you don’t stream any copyrighted content. Even if you purchase a jailbroken Firestick with installed third-party apps such as IPTV and Kodi addons, you’ll still have to reinstall them later.
Developers keep updating the apps with time. Thus, you’ll need to sideload the updated version of the third-party apps on your Fire TV.
Therefore, it’d make more sense to jailbreak the Firestick yourself and save some bucks instead of buying a jailbroken Firestick and still going through the sideloading process later.
If you know how to jailbreak a Firestick, you can also deal with other errors during the installation process. You don’t need another person to troubleshoot for you.
Besides installing third-party apps, vendors also attract buyers to buy a jailbroken Firestick by including a subscription to an IPTV service.
If you buy a jailbroken Firestick with copyrighted content, you’re likely to receive a notice from the authorities. Vendors also get in trouble with authorities for selling streaming devices with copyrighted content.
Instead of all these problems, it’d be best to jailbreak the Firestick yourself. Besides saving yourself the trouble, you also save some bucks that you can use to subscribe to an IPTV service.
It’ll also be best to use a VPN to help you browse anonymously and also keep your online identity private. The VPN is not to allow you to stream copyrighted content but to keep you safe.
What Channels Can You Get on a Firebroken Firestick?
One of the advantages of a jailbroken firestick is the multitude of channels it allows you to access. Some of the channels include:
Cinema HD is a popular app that offers a rich catalog of TV shows and movies from the best online sources.
The on-demand streaming app also supports Real-Debrid and Trakt.
Titanium TV is also an on-demand streaming app that offers a library of TV shows and TV movies for free.
It works on all Fire TV devices and high-quality links and interacts with Real-Debrid and Trakt.
FreeFlix HQ allows you to download and stream free movies and TV shows just like the name implies.
You also get access to thousands of free TV channels and a collection of cartoon and anime content.
The Mobdro TV app has more than a million users worldwide. It allows a massive collection of TV channels in various countries including the United States.
It’s one of the best third-party Firestick apps and works well on Fire TV.
BeeTv is also a popular app and an incredible source of entertainment on a jailbroken Firestick. It stands out from the rest due to its user-friendly and remote-compatible interface.
Additionally, the apps offers high-quality access to a ton of movies and TV shows and you can also use it with Real-Debrid and Trakt.
Sapphire Secure IPTV
For just $5 per month, Sapphire Secure IPTV offers you access to more than 4,000 channels. It offers an incredible way of enjoying cable TV in the United States and other countries across the globe.
With its user-friendly interface, the app allows easy and fast navigation and it’s also remote compatible, making it easy to use.
You cannot miss Kodi on the list when considering the apps to sideload on your jailbroken Firestick.
Kodi is one of the most popular media players to sideload on your Firestick. The app allows you to stream and enjoy any music collection, irrespective of the format.
Since it comes with all the applications, the streaming app only requires add-ons to allow you to enjoy your content.
Additionally, Kodi offers a better way of accessing IPTV. You can also access your favorite movies, regardless of the genre. The app helps you feel entertained without problems or any limitations.
Morph TV is a Firestick jailbroken channel that allows you to enjoy your favorite TV shows, movies, and music. You don’t require registration to enjoy the high-quality content.
Furthermore, Morph TV offers various categories for your best entertainment. The movies and TV shows are available in any language with subtitles to make them easy to understand.
The video files also come with an in-built video player. Sideloading Morph TV on your jailbroken Firestick allows you to enjoy your downloaded content offline.
OneBox HD is an incredible app that you can use to watch your favorite movies and TV shows on your jailbroken Firestick.
The user-friendly interface allows you to stream more than 2000 shows. It boasts an extensive library that updates the content daily.
You have to sideload the third-party app to access the video content.
Live NetTV allows you access to over 800 live TV channels on your Jailbroken Firestick.
The app puts the content in various categories fo easy access including news, sports, music, and movies.
You can also add other channels that you’d like to stream. Live NetTV is excellent for media players such as XMTV player and MX player.
How to Jailbreak a Firestick Cinema
Cinema HD or Cinema APK offers a way of watching TV shows and free movies on your Firestick.
You’ll need to sideload the app on your Firestick device.
Since Downloader is lightweight and easy to use, you can use it to sideload Cinema HD on your device.
After downloading and setting up Downloader, use the following steps to sideload Cinema APK:
- On the left side of the Downloader, select the Home tab and then click on the space meant for the URL
2. Enter the following URL on the empty space: https://www.firestickhow.com/cinema and click Go. Cinema HD will start downloading. The speed of downloading depends on various factors including the speed of your connection
3. On the next page that appears, click Install
4. When the installation process is over, you’ll see it on your device. You can click Open to run the app
You can start using the app to watch your movies and stations on Firestick.
Has Anyone Gotten in Trouble for Using a Jailbroken Firestick?
Jailbroken is legal and you’ll not get in trouble for jailbreaking your Firestick to access your favorite TV channels, movies, music, and other content.
However, it’s good to note that streaming copyrighted content can get you in trouble. The authorities will likely monitor your streaming habits to see if you stream copyrighted content.
Additionally, keeping your online identity private is essential since there’s a lot of privacy invasion nowadays. Using a trusted VPN can come in handy.
The use of the VPN should be to hide your identity and not to allow you to stream copyrighted content.
How to Use a Jailbroken Firestick for the First Time
After getting your Firestick, it’ll help to carry out the following steps before starting to use it:
- Modify the privacy settings on the firestick. By modifying the settings, you prevent IPS providers and Amazon from seeing the type of content you consume
- Install a VPN of your choice. A VPN will help hide your online identity. Additionally, it can help you access content that’s otherwise restricted in your area. There’re lots of VPNs available in the market. Choose one depending on your needs, budget, and the features it offers
- Scan the jailbroken Firestick for malware. The step is crucial especially if you buy your Firestick from a third party. A jailbroken Firestick carries third-party apps from unknown sources. Thus, they’re at a higher risk of malware and virus attacks
- Download your favorite apps
Wrap-up – How to Jailbreak a Firestick
Jailbreaking a Firestick allows you access to various third-party apps that help you enjoy your favorite TV shows, movies, and music. Jailbreaking a Firestick is a simple exercise that you can carry out yourself.
Ensure that you protect your identity while streaming content and also avoid streaming copyrighted content.