One of the things to be proud of about having a smartphone is that you can connect it to other devices and use it as a makeshift computer. That means you can watch videos or play games on a bigger screen.
Now let’s think beyond that. Imagine you want to connect your phone and TV.
It’s pretty easy, and there are a few different ways to do it. Learn how to do it from this simplified procedure.
- First, you’ll need a compatible USB cable. Any standard micro USB cable will work, or you can use a USB-C cable if your phone has a USB-C port.
- Second, plug the cable into the phone and TV ports. If you’re using a TV that doesn’t have a built-in USB port, you can use a USB adapter plugs into the TV’s HDMI port.
- Once you have plugged in the cable, your TV should automatically switch to displaying whatever is on your phone’s screen. If it doesn’t, you may need to go into your TV’s settings and select the correct input.
And that’s all there is to it! Now you can enjoy watching videos or playing games on your TV.
Table Of Contents
How Can I Display My Phone on My TV?
If you’ve ever wanted to display your phone’s screen on your TV, there are a few different ways to do it. Depending on your phone, streaming device, and TV, you might be able to use:
- A cable
- A Miracast
- A media server.
A standard HDMI cable can work if your phone has a Micro HDMI or Mini HDMI port. That is the most straightforward way to get your phone’s screen onto your TV, but it might not be an option if your phone doesn’t have the correct port.
Miracast is a wireless standard that lets you mirror your phone’s screen on another display without cables. To use Miracast, your phone and TV must both support it. Most newer phones and TVs do, but you can check if yours do by looking for the “Miracast” logo or checking your user manual.
If your phone and TV support Miracast, setting it up is usually pretty simple.
You can try using a media server if your phone and TV don’t support Miracast. That software runs on your computer and lets you stream media from it to other devices on your network, including your TV.
How to Connect Phone to TV With USB-C to HDMI
That is a simple process you only need a basic understanding to accomplish. Check out this process to know how.
- Make sure your TV has a USB-C port.
- Connect one end of the USB-C to the HDMI cable to your phone’s USB-C port.
- Next, link the other cable end to your TV’s HDMI port.
- Select the correct input on your TV.
- Finally, there’s your phone display on your TV.
You can use this cable to mirror your phone’s display on your TV or extend your phone’s display so you can have multiple windows open simultaneously.
How to Connect Phone to TV With USB Cable Samsung
Connecting your Samsung phone to your TV is relatively easy. Learn how to do it from this simplified guide.
- Start by ensuring that your TV power is on and that you have set it to the correct input.
- Next, take your USB cable and plug one end into your Samsung phone.
- Connect the cable’s other end to one of the USB ports on your TV.
- After connecting, you should see a message on your phone asking if you want to allow access to the connected device. Tap “Allow.
- You should now see your phone’s screen mirrored on your TV.
How to Connect iPhone to TV With USB
Connecting your iPhone to your TV allows you to enjoy your favorite content on a larger screen and share it with others.
You can connect your iPhone to your TV, but the most convenient is using a USB cable. Check out these steps on how to do it.
- Connect the cable to your iPhone, then plug the other end into your TV.
- On your TV, select the input that corresponds to the port you used on your TV.
- Next, open the app you want to share from your iPhone. For example, open the YouTube app if you want to watch a video on YouTube.
- Pick your favorite content to watch on your TV.
- When the content starts playing on your TV, you can use your iPhone as a remote control. For example, you can pause, play, or skip the following video.
And that’s all there is to it!
How to Connect Phone to TV With USB to Watch Netflix
If you’re looking to binge-watch your favorite Netflix shows on the big screen, you’re in luck. You can easily connect your phone to your TV with a USB cable to watch Netflix. Here’s how:
- First, ensure your TV is powered on and connected to the internet. Then, sign in to your Netflix app.
- Next, connect your phone to your TV with a USB cable. If you’re using an Android phone, you’ll need a micro-USB to USB cable. For iPhones, you’ll need a Lightning to USB cable.
- You can now open the Netflix app and start playing the show you want to watch on your TV.
- You can now disconnect your phone and enjoy watching Netflix on your TV.
Remember that you’ll need to keep your phone connected to your TV if you want to control playback, pause, resume, or stop the show.
As you can see, connecting your phone to your TV with a USB cable is relatively easy. Whether Android or iPhone, you only need a standard USB cable regardless of your phone.
After you have plugged in the cable, you should see your phone’s screen mirrored on your TV. From there, you can watch your favorite Netflix shows or use your phone as a remote control.