- Chromecast is a commonly used device to stream content from your phone to a TV.
- Wireless connection is an excellent way of sharing screens because it’s affordable compared to other methods.
- Connect your phone to a TV using the same Wi-Fi connection.
You can easily cast your Smartphone to a TV wirelessly. Modern technology has integrated features to allow sharing your screen over a wireless connection. Here, we will discuss options for wirelessly connecting your phone to a TV.
Table Of Contents
- 1 How Do I Connect My Phone Wirelessly to My TV?
- 2 How Do I Connect My Android Phone to My TV?
- 3 How to Connect Phone to TV Using Bluetooth
- 4 How to Connect Phone to TV Wirelessly Without Wi-Fi
- 5 How to Connect Phone to TV With USB
- 6 How to Connect Phone to Smart TV
- 7 How to Connect Phone to TV Wirelessly Samsung
- 8 How to Connect an Android Phone to a TV Wirelessly
- 9 How Can I Connect My Phone to My TV Wirelessly Without a Smart TV?
- 10 How to Connect Android Phone to Smart TV
- 11 Conclusion
How Do I Connect My Phone Wirelessly to My TV?
Displaying your phone screen on TV is quite a catch, especially when you want to view larger pictures of your content. Below are numerous ways to connect a phone to a TV wirelessly;
Here are steps to follow when connecting Chromecast wirelessly:
- Plug your Chromecast device into the HDMI port of your TV.
- Ensure your TV and phone are connected to a similar Wi-Fi network.
- Open the application you want to show on TV.
- Search for the cast icon on the app (it resembles a rectangle, including the Wi-Fi symbol at the corner) and click on it.
- Choose a Chromecast device from the available list.
- Your content is ready to show on your TV screen.
Airplay is an Apple device functionality feature that shares iPhone content with your TV wirelessly. Follow the steps below to connect your iPhone to the TV wirelessly.
- On your iPhone, select the media you want to mirror on the TV.
- On the media, press the share button.
- Click the Airplay option on the share options.
4. Select Apple TV from the appearing list
5. Once done, your content is ready to play on the TV
6. Ensure your phone and your TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi
How Do I Connect My Android Phone to My TV?
You can connect your android phone to the TV for an enhanced gaming experience or to view content on a larger screen. Use any of the methods below.
Chromecast usually has a USB power cable and an HDMI to connect your android phone to your TV.
- Set up your Chromecast hardware, then go to the settings menu and select cast
- And your content is ready to stream
USB to HDMI
The method requires a converter to change signals from a USB connector to an HDMI cable to show content on your TV. There are two main converters: MHL and Slimport.
Connect Your Android Phone Like a Storage Device
To connect android phones to the TV, ensure the USB port on the TV is set for public use since some are meant for engineering purposes only. Also, ensure the remote has media control options to find the files you require on your android phone.
Most devices support Digital Living Network Alliance. DLNA programs allow files to stream to your TV as long as you have the right app.
Follow this process:
- Go to the apps section on your phone.
- Go to the setting section and select share and connect.
- Click on the Menu key.
- On the menu, select DLNA.
- Choose the TV and enjoy your large screen.
How to Connect Phone to TV Using Bluetooth
First, ensure your TV has an active Bluetooth connection, then follow the steps below to pair up the connection.
- Go to your TV settings and turn on Bluetooth.
- Activate Bluetooth and check the paired Bluetooth devices list available.
- Confirm your TV is on the list of devices.
- Select your TV to connect to Bluetooth.
How to Connect Phone to TV Wirelessly Without Wi-Fi
You can connect a phone to your TV without Wi-Fi in several ways. Here is how;
Using Built-In Screen Mirroring
Smart TVs have a screen-mirroring feature that makes it easy to cast your phone’s screen to the TV. All you need to do is find the screen-mirroring functionality, then follow the guide on your screen. Generally, you need to create a phone hotspot and connect it to the smart TV.
Follow these steps:
- Create a mobile hotspot and connect your Chromecast to it
- Open Google Home applications
- Choose Chromecast from your list
- Click cast my screen, then tap cast screen to start
How to Connect Phone to TV With USB
Here is a simple procedure to follow;
- Ensure your USB cable is compatible with your devices. Standard cables may fail to work efficiently. You can use a USB-C cable when your phone has a USB-C port.
- Connect the USB cable to your phone and TV ports. If your TV has no built-in USB port, plug an adapter into the TV’s HDMI port.
- When the cable is plugged in, your TV will automatically switch to show what’s on your phone’s display. If it doesn’t switch automatically, go to settings and choose the correct input source.
- You’re ready to go. Enjoy streaming content on your TV screen.
How to Connect Phone to Smart TV
Ensure your phone and smart TV are compatible with each other. Phones compatibilities are;
- Androids that have at least a version 4.2 and above, including minecrast wireless display standard
- iOS phones connect to smart TVs with Airplay
If your android phone and smart TV have miracrast technology, it’s possible to connect wirelessly. Follow the instructions below:
- Connect your TV and phone to the same Wi-Fi connection.
- Turn on ‘screen mirroring’ on the input menu of your smart TV.
- Open the wireless display menu on your phone, then click ‘screen mirroring’ to switch it on.
- Select your smart TV from the available list.
- Follow the pop-up instructions on your screen to complete your setup. Enter the code on your TV into your phone so there is an efficient connection.
Follow these steps to connect between a phone with miracrast and a smart TV without miracrast. You’ll require a wireless display adapter.
- Connect the wireless display adapter to the HDMI port on your smart TV, then plug it into a power source
- Switch on screen mirroring on the display menu of your phone
- Connect your devices using the instructions on display and those provided by the manufacturer
How to Connect Phone to TV Wirelessly Samsung
You need a smart view app to wirelessly connect your phone to the TV. Use the smart view function available on your phone.
To do this, you need to:
- Go to TVs menu
- Select network, then screen mirroring
Also, you can slide down the settings shade on your Samsung and look for a smart view to connect your TV and show your phone’s screen.
How to Connect an Android Phone to a TV Wirelessly
Here is how to connect an android phone to a TV wirelessly;
- Drag the quick settings by swiping down from the top of your phone’s screen.
- Then, Search for the cast option. If the option is unavailable, click on the edit button and find the screencast button.
- Hold and pull the cast button to the quick settings tray
- Toggle around the screen cast button and check if your smart TV is available on the list
- Click on your TV to start mirroring your phone.
How Can I Connect My Phone to My TV Wirelessly Without a Smart TV?
If you don’t have a smart TV, you can still connect your devices wirelessly by using a receiver that plugs into your TV—for example, the Google Chromecast or android TV box.
How to Connect Android Phone to Smart TV
Here are the steps you need to undertake to connect your android phone to a smart TV.
- Connect your phone and TV to the same Wi-Fi network
- In your smart TV, go to network and select the wireless connection, then select the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to.
- In your android phone, tap on settings, then tap on Wi-Fi.
- On the available networks, select the same Wi-Fi network as your smart TV connection.
- Go to settings, click on more, and then click the wireless display to turn it on.
- On your smart TV, open the Miracast app.
- Tap the ‘Smart TV’ option once it pops on your phone
- You’re now ready to share content from your phone screen to your smart TV
Enjoy viewing videos, music, and watching photos on a big screen. Connecting a phone to a TV doesn’t matter whether your screen is a smart TV or not. Select the most preferred method and follow the steps mentioned above to connect. We hope this guide will be helpful.