The sharing feature that comes with a book makes sharing a book very easy on kindle and amazon accounts. It makes it possible to share a book with your friends and family and the other way around.
So how do you do it?
- Locate the book you wish to share
- Click the three dots at the left side of the title
- Go to ‘manage the family library’
- Click ‘add to library’ next to the chosen household member on the pop-up
This will enable them to read the book from a kindle account.
Let’s learn more about kindle books, how to share and lend them, and how many times you can lend them.
Table Of Contents
- 1 How Do I Share Kindle Books With Family?
- 2 How to Share Books on Kindle Paperwhite
- 3 How to Share Kindle Books on iPad
- 4 How Do You Lend Books on Kindle?
- 5 How to Loan Kindle Books That Are Not Lendable?
- 6 How Many Times Can You Loan a Kindle Book?
- 7 Can I Send Kindle Books to Someone Else?
- 8 How to Share a Book on Kindle FAQs
Kindle book lending feature is called the family library. It allows you to share books with your immediate family. The family library lets about two adults and four children.
Before you can start sharing books with your family, you must first grant them access to the library. Here are the steps to grant them.
- Go to ‘manage your content and devices’ on your amazon account.
- On the preferences tab, select ‘households and family library,’ then select ‘manage your household.’ Then select ‘add an adult, add a child or add a teen.’
- Let the selected adult or child loin their amazon email and password, or they can create a new amazon account.
- Tap ‘yes’ to allow both accounts to share payment methods.
- Select the books you wish to share, and let the other child or adult share.
- Tap ‘Finish’.
After they’re granted permission to access your family library, it’s time to share the kindle books. Here’s how.
- Go to manage your content and devices on your amazon account.
- Tap on the show family library link on your content tab.
- Select all the books you want to share, and tap add to the library.
- Select a family member and tap okay.
There are a few ways you can share a book on kindle paperwhite. The first way is setting up a family library which advantage is there is no time limit of days compared to the second way, which is lending books, which allows only 14 days to read before the title expires.
Here are the steps to easily and quickly share books on kindle paperwhite. The first way is Family Library.
- Go to ‘manage your content and devices’ on your amazon account.
- On the preferences tab, select ‘households and family library,’
- Then select ‘learn more about household.’
- Either ‘add an adult or a child.’
- Add the details of the family member you add to your library
- You get the option to share apps and games. Ensure the option for sharing eBooks is on. Select ‘Continue’
- Then your invite is sent, and the recipient has 14 days to accept the invite
Steps to share your books on Kindle Paperwhite, the second way is lending the books:
- Go to ‘your amazon account and select ‘manage your content and devices.’ it will show the list of all your books.
- Select the book you wish to lend, and click the action button; if you can loan the book, you’ll get the option of lending the title.
- Enter the recipient’s email address and an optional text, then click ‘send.’
The advantage of this is the recipient must not own a kindle; they only need an amazon account.
You’re only supposed to download a book on your iPad and not on any other device. You can’t even copy and send a book to someone else. However, with amazon’s book lending feature, you can share these books.
Here are the steps.
- Using your browser, log into the amazon account.
- Tap on ‘my account,’ then select ‘manage my kindle.’
- Click ‘loan this title’ while using the drop-down ‘actions’ at the right side of your book.
- Enter the recipient’s name, personal email address, and a short text if you wish.
How Do You Lend Books on Kindle?
Lending a book is more like a physical library. You give out a book with a time limit. Here are steps to lend a book on kindle.
- Log in to your Amazon account, and look for the ‘manage your content and devices page.’ then click the Content tab; this will show the list of the books you have downloaded.
- Click ‘select’ on the book you want to lend, tap the ‘actions’ button, and it will pop up some choices. Then select ‘loan this title.
- After the selection loan, this title page will appear, where you’ll enter your recipient’s details. Then click ‘send.’
- The borrower will have seven days to accept the book and fourteen days to read it. After fourteen days, the system automatically returns the book to the owner’s library.
How to Loan Kindle Books That Are Not Lendable?
At times in the books you own on your kindle, you might find they don’t have the ‘loan this title’ button. This is normal because only a few books have the lendable feature. A book contains this feature according to a specific publisher’s preferences.
The only way to loan an unlendable kindle book is by purchasing the title afresh and ensuring it has the lendable feature because the publishers can change the lending rights without lending rights anytime.
How Many Times Can You Loan a Kindle Book?
You can only loan a book once. This explains why once your book is returned to your kindle library, you can’t loan it again to a different person. Therefore you must decide who you are loaning carefully.
However, it’s possible to read one kindle book on different devices as long as you’re logged into the devices with an amazon account through kindle.
Can I Send Kindle Books to Someone Else?
Yes, it’s possible to send any kindle book to anyone as long as it has lending rights. The person receiving the kindle book doesn’t even need to have the kindle app for this. All you need is their email address and for them to have an amazon account.
Here are the simple steps.
- Get to ‘manage your content and devices’ and locate the book you want to send.
- Click on the ‘actions’ button, then choose the ‘loan this title’ option.
- Fill in the recipient’s email address and a message if you want.
The idea of reduced weight on your carrier when traveling or running errands is fascinating. You can have as many books as you like in your library wherever you’re without worrying about transportation.
Also, having the chance to share the reading experience with your friends or family is lovely. Therefore, ensure you fully familiarise yourself with the lending feature to ensure you’re not left behind.
Also, follow all the information above for smooth processes and the steps we’ve provided, don’t be shy to repeat them until you get the hang of them.
Can I Share a Kindle Book That I Bought?
Yes, you can share any kindle book you’ve purchased on your amazon account. You can share with your friends and family on your family library or with anyone else with an amazon account.
Why Can’t I Loan a Kindle Book?
The main reason for this is the restriction of lending rights by the owner. Some owners don’t allow their books to be loaned, which means you can only buy a book to access it.