The remote for the Amazon Fire TV Stick is very user-friendly. The main functions are located at the top of the remote, while the navigation buttons are in the middle. The volume and power buttons are located at the bottom of the remote. To use the Amazon Fire TV Stick, insert the device into the HDMI port on your TV and follow the instructions on the screen.
However, it sometimes needs reprogramming due to specific issues. This article explains how you can reprogram your firestick remote easily.
If you want to reprogram your firestick remote, you will need to follow these steps:
- Firstly, you will need to find the ‘Settings’ icon on your home screen and click on it.
- Once you are in the Settings menu, scroll down to the ‘Device’ option and click on it.
- Now, click on the ‘Remote & Accessories’ option.
- Here, you will need to click on the ‘Program Remote’ option.
- You will need to follow the on-screen instructions to reprogram your remote.
Table Of Contents
- 1 How to Reset Firestick Remote?
- 2 How to pair Firestick Remote to TV?
- 3 How to pair a new Firestick Remote without the Old One?
- 4 Firestick Remote Replacement
- 5 Firestick Remote not working — No Light?
- 6 Firestick Remote not Working with New Batteries Reasons and Solution
- 7 Bottom Line
How to Reset Firestick Remote?
To reset your Amazon Firestick remote, first, remove the batteries. Next, hold the Home button on the remote for 5 seconds. The light on the remote should flash. Finally, reinsert the batteries and test the remote.
If your Amazon Firestick remote isn’t working, you may need to factory reset it. To do this, press and hold the Home button on the remote for 10 seconds. The light on the remote should flash twice. Then, press and hold the Play/Pause button for 5 seconds. The light on the remote should flash 3 times.
If you have a voice remote, you can reset it by pressing and holding the Microphone button for 5 seconds.
You can contact Amazon customer support for help if you’re still having trouble.
How to pair Firestick Remote to TV?
To pair your Firestick remote to your TV, follow these steps:
- Plug your Firestick into your TV’s HDMI port.
- Turn on your TV and select the input that your Firestick is plugged into.
- On your remote, press and hold the Home button for 5 seconds.
- A menu will appear on your TV screen. Select the “Device Pairing” option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the pairing process.
Once your remote is paired, you’ll be able to use it to control your Firestick just like a regular remote. You’ll be able to use it to power on/off your TV, change the volume, navigate the menus, and more.
Pairing Firestick Remote to TV Volume
If you have a Fire TV Stick, you can use the remote to control the volume on your TV. To do this, press the volume up or down buttons on the remote.
If you’re having trouble controlling the volume with the remote, ensure that the volume is not muted on your TV. You can also try restarting your Fire TV Stick.
If you’re still having trouble, you can try connecting your Fire TV Stick to a different TV.
How to pair a new Firestick Remote without the Old One?
If you’re trying to connect a new Amazon Fire Stick remote to your Fire Stick without using the old remote, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- On your Amazon Fire Stick, go to Settings > Controllers and Bluetooth Devices > Other Bluetooth Devices.
- Put your Amazon Fire Stick into pairing mode by holding down the home button on the remote for three seconds.
- Press and hold the home button on your new remote for five seconds. This will put the new remote into pairing mode.
- The Amazon Fire Stick and the new remote should now be paired and you’ll be able to use the new remote to control your Fire Stick.
Firestick Remote Replacement
If your Amazon Fire TV Stick remote isn’t working, you may need to replace the batteries or replace the remote entirely.
If you need to replace the batteries in your remote, use two AAA batteries. If your remote isn’t working, you may need to replace the remote.
If you need to replace your Firestick remote for any reason, there are a few things you’ll need to do. First, you’ll need to purchase a new remote. Second, you’ll need to pair the new remote with your Firestick. And third, you’ll need to re-register the new remote with your Amazon account. Here’s a step-by-step guide to replacing your Firestick remote:
- Purchase a new Firestick remote. You can find replacements online or at your local electronics store.
- Pair the new remote with your Firestick. To do this, open the Amazon Fire TV app on your mobile device and select “Remote Settings.” Then, select “Pair new remote.”
- Re-register the new remote with your Amazon account. To do this, go to “Settings” and “My Account.” Select “Register new device” and follow the on-screen instructions.
That’s it! Once you’ve completed these steps, you’ll be able to use your new Firestick remote just like your old one.
Related: How to Restart Firestick When Frozen – An Illustrated Step-by-Step Guide
Firestick Remote not working — No Light?
There are a few reasons why your Amazon Fire Stick remote may not work, even though the batteries may be charged. The most common reason is that the remote is not paired correctly with the Fire Stick. To fix this, simply press and hold the Home button on your remote for three to five seconds, then release it. This should re-establish the connection between the remote and the Fire Stick.
If that doesn’t work, check to ensure that the batteries in your remote are correctly installed and that there are no loose connections. If everything appears in order, try resetting your Fire Stick by unplugging it from the power outlet for 30 seconds, then plugging it back in. This will sometimes clear up any minor issues that may be causing your firestick remote to not work properly.
If your Amazon Fire TV Stick remote isn’t working, you may be able to fix it with a simple restart. To do this, unplug the power cord from the back of the Fire TV Stick. Then, plug it back in and wait for the device to restart. Once it does, try using the remote again.
If that doesn’t work, then you can try resetting the remote. To do this, press the Home button on the remote for about 10 seconds. This will reset the remote and hopefully fix the issue.
If neither of those solutions works, then you may need to replace the batteries in the remote. If you still have issues after doing that, you may need to contact Amazon customer support for further assistance.
Firestick Remote not Working with New Batteries Reasons and Solution
There are a few reasons why your Fire Stick remote may not work with new batteries. One reason could be that the batteries are not correctly installed. Another possibility is that the batteries are not of good quality. Lastly, the remote may need to be reset.
To fix the issue, first, ensure the batteries are installed correctly. If they are, try swapping out the batteries for a different brand or type. If the remote still does not work, try resetting it by holding the Home button for 10 seconds.
If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact customer support for further assistance.
To reprogram your Firestick remote, you’ll need to follow a few simple steps. First, you’ll need to find the correct code for your specific model of remote. Once you have the code, you’ll need to enter it into the Firestick’s settings menu. After that, you should be able to use your remote with your Firestick as usual.
If you encounter any problems, consult your Firestick’s manual or contact customer support. With a little effort, you should be able to get your remote working as intended.