Having a hard time figuring out how to connect the mamaRoo to your phone? Don’t worry, here are all the ways you can connect it to your phone whether you’re using it on an Android device or an iPhone. Unfortunately, you can’t use it on a laptop yet, so you would have to make do with smartphones.
mamaRoo Audio Features
mamaRoo has a Bluetooth connectivity feature like a soundbar which makes it easier for moms to control the audio and movement of the baby seat even when they’re a few feet away from their baby (but of course, this shouldn’t be enough reason for you to leave the baby in the other room).
You can also control the audio and movement from the control panel of the mamaRoo itself. Just at the front part of the base, you’ll see a black control panel. Here, you’ll find the five different vibrations and rhythms to choose from. For the rhythms, you can choose from rain, fan, ocean, heart, and aux. If you want to play music from your phone, you can just click the ‘aux’ button and then choose from your phone’s music.
Connecting the mamaRoo to Bluetooth
As mentioned earlier, you can connect your mamaRoo seat (or any of the 4moms products) to your phone via Bluetooth. Here are the steps to do to connect your device.
- Before you even get to connect your phone to the mamaRoo seat, you have to download the 4moms app from the App Store first. Simply search ‘4moms’, and the app will show in the suggestions. It’s nice to know there aren’t any similar-named apps.
- Install the app.
- When the app is already installed, you will be greeted with the home page. On the home page, you will be asked to sign in with your account. If you don’t have an account yet, you will have to fill in your basic information and create your password.
- When you’re done, click ‘Create Account’. On the other hand, if you have an existing account, you don’t have to place basic information, just click ‘Already have an account’.
- When you’ve created your account, you will be directed to the sign-in page. Input your email address and your password and click ‘Sign in’.
- When you’re logged on, the first screen is a list of the 4moms’ products. Choose the product that you want to connect your phone to. In this case, it’s the mamaRoo.
- Then, you will be given three options - connect, learn, shop. Choose ‘connect’, and your phone will start to look for the mamaRoo.
- Once it’s found, the mamaRoo icon will light up and tell you to click the musical note button on the actual mamaRoo.
- Go to the mamaRoo control panel and click the musical note icon. Hold it for 5 seconds and then go back to the screen of your iPhone. When it’s connected, the screen will show the options you can take with the mamaRoo. This means that you were able to connect it right.
- You can now choose to adjust the movement or the sounds.
- Go to the Play Store and in the search bar, type ‘4moms’.
- Choose the app with 4moms’ logo, and it will direct you to the details of the app. Click ‘Install’. A pop-up will come out, but carry on by clicking ‘Accept’.
- There’s not a lot of difference between the Android version to the iOS version of the 4moms app. When the app has been downloaded, launch it, and you will be greeted with a sign-in option.
- If you already have an existing account, click ‘Already have an account’. Otherwise, click ‘Create Account’.
- Fill in the fields with your information. This includes your full name, email address, password, etc.
- After filling out all the fields, click ‘Create Account’. This will bring you the sign-in page. Place your email address and your password.
- When you’ve signed in, you will be greeted with a ‘Products’ page. Swipe to the left, and you’ll see a few more features. Click ‘Go to app’ at the bottom of the slides. This will direct you to the actual 4moms app.
- When you’re on the app, choose the product that you want to connect to. Choose the mamaRoo for this scenario.
- Click on the ‘Connect’ option on the top of the list, and your phone will start looking for the mamaRoo to connect it with.
- Once it’s connected, the icon will light up, and it will instruct you to turn on the Bluetooth connection on the mamaRoo control panel.
- Go to the mamaRoo control panel and press the musical note button. Hold it for five seconds or until your phone recognizes the mamaRoo. When it does, the Bluetooth signal will be full, and the screen will change to the features of the mamaRoo.
- When you’re already seeing the mamaRoo home screen with the options for movement and audio, you’ve already connected your phone wirelessly.
If You’re Having Problems…
There are instances when you might experience difficulties connecting to the mamaRoo baby seat. If you are, you can try the following:
- Unplug and plug back the mamaRoo from the wall outlet. Make sure that the mamaRoo seat is turned on when you connect it to your phone.
- Make sure that you’re not far away from the mamaRoo baby seat. Since you are connecting via Bluetooth, just stay a few feet from the product.
- Reset your Bluetooth connection on your phone. Turn it back on again after a few seconds and proceed with connecting via the 4moms app.
- If you have other 4moms apps on your other devices, make sure to close them all before connecting to another app.
When you’re done connecting your phone, you can now enjoy wireless controlling from a few feet away. Changing the volume of the sounds on your device is a breeze. You can also pick a song straight from your phone. What’s more, you can adjust the speed of the movement right from your smartphone. Sounds easy, right? Because it really is. Now, Go on then, get your little munchkin on it and recline it to play to your heart's content
Originally posted 2020-05-20 16:51:28.