Polarized sunglasses are the type of sunglasses to turn to when you want protection from UV rays, and you want to see things and objects clearly.
Polarized glasses have special lenses that filter incoming horizontal light to reduce glare and eye strain by improving colour contrast.
Why You Should Make the Switch to Polarized Lenses
Polarized lenses eliminate glare and improve contrast so you can see objects more clearly. If you love the beach, the water is often a source of glare, which can be uncomfortable to the eyes.
Drivers also experience glare that bounces off the roads, which can be distracting. Glare can also happen in bright light conditions, so it is important to have polarized sunglasses no matter what situation you find yourself in.
Here are just some of the top named sunglass brands and what they specialize in:
- Maui Jim and Costa - these sunglass makers specialized on polarized sunglasses to be used on the water or on the beach
- Serengeti - this brand uses high tech technology in its polarized lens technology to be specially used by race car drivers
- Ray-Ban - if you are not an angler or a race car driver, you can find comfort in the polarized lenses range of Ray-Ban that specializes in sunglasses to be used under bright lights.
The Advantages of Polarized Sunglasses
- Polarized sunglasses are great for outdoor recreation, where they reduce the glare coming from the sun.
- If you love outdoor recreation, it can improve your sports performance. Anglers can see fish more clearly and can manoeuvre their boats more efficiently. Golfers can see better and so do tennis players.
- When you are driving, sunglasses reduce the glare coming from the road, the windows of other cars, and the glass in the interiors of your own car.
- The sun can be a source of harsh glare, and polarized sunglasses reduce this; they also enhance colour contrast so you will have a better field of view and see crisper colours.
- You are more likely to avoid accidents when you wear polarized glasses because you can immediately discern hazards on the road.
- Polarized sunglasses reduce eye strain during boating and driving and enhance the recognition of colours and perceptual clarity of objects.
Polarized Sunglasses at Work
Polarized sunglasses eliminate glare and are ideal for the activities of drivers, skiers, and water sports enthusiasts. The crucial element of polarized sunglasses are the filters which are specially designed and allow indirect rays to lay on top of the lens instead of passing through directly.
Even if the ray is coming from all directions, the lens stops it to avoid hurting your eyes.
Glare is especially intense on the water, and you will likely experience it even if you are wearing sunglasses. This is not a ray from the sun but a ray bouncing off the water.
For people with light sensitivity, this can be very uncomfortable and painful for the eyes. Polarized sunglasses help reduce horizontal rays coming from the sun and eliminate glare through special filter lenses.
Best Polarized Sunglasses for Men
Ray-Ban Wayfarer Polarized Sunglasses
The Ray-Ban has a nylon frame in a scratch-resistant lens. The Ray-Ban sunglasses are top of the line when it comes to style as well as function. If you're going for the hipster style, then the Ray-Ban sunglasses are for you.
They are available in many colours so you can choose your own preference and aesthetic. You can go from modern to casual, to classic looks. The lenses are huge, which may interfere with your peripheral vision.
However, on the upside, it will block more rays, which will aid in your comfort. You can choose from different lens styles to suit your particular taste and preferred function.
Under Armour Men's Core 2.0 Sunglasses
These sunglasses are different in that they are wraparound and are perfect for sports events. The lenses of these sunglasses are wide, so they can give you maximum protection. It spans nearly 7 cm.
Wraparound sunglasses truly protect the eyes. You can be assured that your eyes will be safe from dust, debris, and objects such as sticks and branches, and of course, sunlight.
Light can be extremely annoying, especially if it gets inside a small lens. However, there will be no worry about that with Under Armour wide-angle lens. You can choose from a variety of styles and colours that fit your specific taste and preference.
Best Polarized Sunglasses for Women
Ray-Ban Oversized Wrap Sunglasses
Ray-Ban once again reigns to the top as the number one polarized sunglass for women. The style of these Ray-Ban shades is chic and casual. They also have a variable tint lens.
The frame of the shades is tortoiseshell, so it is perfect for trips around town. This will also go great for a classic look if you're out for an evening in the city.
However, it is not only fit for formal outings. You can also use it for running errands because it can be dressed up in a casual style depending on your ensemble.
The lenses are large and wrap around and have the function of blocking out bright light and reducing glare.
Maui Jim Punchbowl Sunglasses
These Maui Jim sunglasses have great functionality, which will inspire you to wear them all day. They have 100% UV coated lenses for filtering out harmful sun rays in addition to the polarization capability.
The frame is also casual, so it's great for prescription lenses. You can use photochromic lenses with the frame and wear them all the time. These glasses are great for women who have smaller features and faces.
Sunglasses are not just part of your style; they're also there to protect your physical health, particularly your eyes. Without the proper protection, you will be vulnerable to eye diseases and ailments.
Get the right fitting glasses for you and have both comfort and style for years to come.
Last Updated On