The social networking application known as TikTok allows users to watch and share short videos. It is a widely used program that exposes people worldwide to their latent abilities and hidden talents. The app includes video content covering sports, dance, acting, gaming, singing, food, and do-it-yourself projects. If you’re a habitual user of TikTok and want to watch videos from the app on your TV, you may do it using a streaming device like a Roku or Firestick.
- How to watch live sports on Roku for free?
- How to Watch Yellowstone for Free on Roku?
- How Can I Watch The Chosen for Free on Roku?
Table Of Contents
Can You Get TikTok on Roku?
No. You cannot get TikTok on Roku. If you’re eager to use TikTok on your Roku-connected TV, there are a few ways to work around the fact that it isn’t yet available on the Channel Store. Be a little creative. One option is to screen mirror the TikTok app from your Android or iOS device. That will allow you to watch all the videos on your TV screen.
How to Get TikTok App on Roku
There are a few things you need to screen mirror the TikTok app from your Android or iOS device to Roku. First, make sure that Screen Mirroring is enabled on Roku. Let’s do that first:
- Click the home button.
- Click on System
- Highlight the Screen Mirroring option.
- Click on Enable Screen Mirroring
- Hit the Prompt button, or you can choose Always Allow
You’ve now enabled the screen mirroring function.
Using these three devices, you can mirror your TikTok feed directly to your Roku. These are:
- Android device
- iOS device
- Using a computer
How Do I Cast TikTok to My TV?
Follow the steps below:
- Connect the Android device to the same wireless network that your Roku is using.
- Install the TikTok application from Google Play Store.
- Swipe down from the top of your Android device to access the Notifications panel.
- Choose the Cast option, which may appear differently depending on the brand of smartphone you own.
- Select Cast from the menu.
- You can connect by tapping the Roku device.
- Open the TokTok application and enter your login details. Next, choose a video from TikTok to broadcast on your tv screen.
How Do I Mirror My iPhone to My Roku?
Casting the screen of an iOS device is possible through AirPlay, also used for streaming and sharing media files. Recent months have seen its release on some Roku players. You must update your device if you want to use AirPlay with your Roku. The next step is to get your iOS devices on your Roku’s Wi-Fi network, including your iPhone and iPad.
Start by enabling AirPlay on Roku before continuing.
- On your iOS device, navigate to the App Store.
- Download the TikTok app, and then open it. Then sign in to your account.
- Swipe the Control Center, then click on the Screen Mirroring icon.
- Select your Roku device, then key in the passcode displayed on the television screen.
- Finally, open the TikTok app on your device of choice and mirror the TikTok videos on the television.
Mirroring Using a Computer
Get your Roku and computer linked up to one Wi-Fi connection, then proceed with the instructions below:
- Launch a web browser on the computer.
- Enter the following web address: https://www.tiktok.com/
- Enter your login details.
- Afterward, select any video from TikTok you wish to watch and play it.
- After then, simultaneously press the Windows key and the letter K on your keyboard.
- Select the Roku device you want to use.
Can I Get TikTok on My TV?
Using a compatible device, you can stream videos directly from TikTok to your TV via the app. If you do not have a supported TV, then your only option is to apply the methods discussed in the previous section.
Some supported devices include:
- Android TV
- Chromecast with Google TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- LG Smart TVs (2018 models and above)
How to Install TikTok on TV
To install TikTok on your supported Tv, follow the instructions below:
- Go to the Tv App store
- Click on Search
- Type TikTok
- Click on the TikTok icon from the search results
- When prompted, select Install to download and install the app on your TV.
- Click Open
- Click Log in or Watch Now if you do not have a TikTok account.
Can You Watch TikTok on Firestick?
Yes. You can watch TikTok on Firestick as of 2021. If you want to watch TikTok videos in the US or Canada, you only need an Amazon Fire TV. Thanks to a collaboration between Amazon and ByteDance (TikTok’s owner), you can download the app and start watching immediately.
To download the TikTok app on Amazon Firestick, follow the instructions below:
- Go to the App store
- Click on the search bar and type TikTok.
- Select the TikTok icon.
- Download the app, then open it.
- Tap the Login button if you already have an account. The screen will display a code; you can enter this code via text message or scan the QR code.
How To Use TikTok on Firestick
Say “Alexa, open TikTok” to your smart TV if you have the app installed and an Echo device in the house. The application will launch on your TV, and you can then ask Alexa to play, pause, or skip videos currently playing on the TV.
If you do not have an Alexa-integrated device, you may still use the Alexa Voice Remote. Or you can still use the traditional method (using a remote control) to control the videos playing on your device.
The app will give you access to most of its features on your television, just as it does on your mobile device. Similarly, you will still be able to “favorite” videos, toggle between the feed and the videos you are already following, and discover new exciting videos.
No video creation tools are available on Fire TV, so you can’t make your TikTok videos and share them with the world.