So, you’ve lost your Roku remote, or it no longer works. You are likely considering a Roku remote replacement, which may take a while to arrive. Your only option is to learn how to turn on Roku TV without a remote. Let’s explore the different options available.
Here are 4 options to turn on Roku TV without a remote:
- Use the Roku mobile app: Download the Roku mobile app on your smartphone or tablet and connect it to the same Wi-Fi network as your Roku TV. Open the app and tap the remote icon to access the virtual remote. From there, you can turn on your Roku TV.
- Use the Roku TV power button: If your Roku TV has a physical power button, you can press it to turn on the TV. The location of the power button varies depending on the model, so refer to the user manual for the location.
- Use a universal remote: If you have a universal remote that is compatible with Roku TV, you can use it to turn on the TV. Refer to the universal remote’s instructions for how to set it up with your Roku TV.
- Use HDMI-CEC: If your Roku TV supports HDMI-CEC, you can turn on the TV by pressing any button on a compatible device, such as a Blu-ray player or gaming console, that is connected to the TV via HDMI.
By using one of these methods, you can turn on your Roku TV without a remote and continue enjoying your favorite content.
Related: How to Sync the Roku Remote Without the Pairing Button
Table Of Contents
- 1 How Do I Turn On My Roku TV Without a Remote Or Wi-Fi?
- 2 How to Turn On TCL Roku TV without Remote
- 3 Power the TCL TV on through Infrared
- 4 How to Turn Up Volume on Roku TV without Remote or Wi-Fi
- 5 Is There a Power Button on Roku TV?
- 6 Is There a Way to Manually Turn on a Roku TV?
How Do I Turn On My Roku TV Without a Remote Or Wi-Fi?
The most practical way is to connect the Roku to your smartphone’s cellular hotspot. After that, set up the Roku mobile app on your phone to control the Roku TV.
Here is how to set up the Roku TV app with your mobile phone:
- You must ensure the Roku TV and your mobile phone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. You can use your phone’s hotspot as the Wi-Fi network.
- Install the Roku App on your Android or iOS device.
- Launch the app after the installation is complete.
- The app will find your Roku TV automatically. Please select it from the list.
- Once the app connects successfully, click on the Remote icon on the home screen to conveniently start controlling the TV.
How to Turn On TCL Roku TV without Remote
Alternative methods of turning on your TCL, Hisense, or Philips Roku TV without a remote include the following:
Using the Power Button on the TV
Probably you have come across different types of TVs. Whatever the brand, there is a set of physical buttons that help deal with the essential functions of your smart TV.
These features or functions can be on either side, behind, or at the bottom of the TV. Well, TCL Roku TVs feature a power button at the bottom.
Related: Which Channels Are Free on Roku in 2023?
You need to press the power button on, and you are good to access the content you need. Now, you’ll have turned your TV on without a remote.
Power the TCL TV on through Infrared
TV remotes feature infrared sensors to communicate and connect with the model of choice. The good news? Many other Android devices come with a built-in infrared sensor.
With the right app, you can also control your TV stress-free. You will power it on and use it on all other functions. One of the popular applications to rely on is the Mi Remote App.
Mi Remote is free on Google Play Store and is compatible with many devices used in many homes. You can use it on your Hisense or Philips Roku TVs.
Use the Alexa Commands
It’s easier and more convenient to control the TV using Amazon Alexa.
You need to use the Roku Skill for Alexa, but this feature can ONLY work in countries like:
- Latin America, excluding Brazil
What Do You Need to Use the Alexa Command?
For you to use the Alexa command on your Roku TV, here’s what you’ll need:
- Roku Account
- TCL Roku TV
- Alexa mobile app
- Alexa-enabled smart device or speaker
To get this functionality working appropriately, follow these steps:
- Download the Alexa app on your iOS or android device.
- Launch the app by tapping on the three horizontal lines menus at the top.
- Click on the “Skills and Games” options.
- Type Roku on the search bar that appears.
- Launch to enable the Roku Skill for your Alexa Command.
- Sign in with a Roku Account. Use the same account you use with your TCL Roku TV.
- Immediately, a list of all compatible devices will appear. Select the Roku devices you want to use with Alexa. Ensure the Roku TC is switched on.
- Select “Continue” once TCL Roku TV appears on the app.
- Click on “Link Device” and control your TV.
Use the PS4
Another excellent method is to rely on your PS4 to turn on your TCL Roku TV. Here are the steps to follow:
- Connect your PlayStation 4 to the TCL Roku TV through the HDMI port.
- Use the power button on the TV and power it.
- Open up the settings sections on your PS4 and go to “System Settings.”
- Enable HDMI device link.
- Turn the PS4 and the TV off.
- Now, you can turn the PlayStation 4 on. Your TCL TV will also power on.
How to Turn Up Volume on Roku TV without Remote or Wi-Fi
The best solution is to use the Roku mobile app to turn on the TV volume. It’s a free application compatible with your smartphone.
The app makes it convenient to turn your mobile phone into a virtual remote for your TCL smart TV. Follow a few steps to access the remote interface:
- Install the Roku smartphone app. It’s accessible from the App Store or Google Play.
- Tap on your smartphone and go to your home screen.
- An Apps page will appear. Select it.
- Find and click on the Roku Mobile App icon.
- Click on the flight stick or joystick. It’s in the middle of the bottom app menu bar.
- You’ll see a speaker icon at the bottom. Use it to adjust the volume up or down.
Alternatively, you can use the remote control icon at the bottom. Using the speaker icon, adjust the volume to the level you want.
If your TV is not connected to Wi-Fi or you don’t have a smartphone, fret not. A recommended DIY trick is to use the physical button on the TV. They are located on the TV’s side, button center, or back panel. Use the up or down button to adjust the volume.
Is There a Power Button on Roku TV?
Yes, all Roku TV models feature a visible power button on the TV’s bottom, sides, or back. Check your TV manual if you need more clarification about the position of the power button.
Is There a Way to Manually Turn on a Roku TV?
Yes, you can manually turn on a Roku TV using the physical button strategically located on the television. You can also use your Nintendo Switch or PS4 console or set up the Roku TV app.