Roku players will not do you much good if you don’t have a Wifi connection. Roku devices store the information you provide about your home network the first time they connect to the internet. When you turn on your Roku TV, it will be ready for streaming.
Roku devices are incredibly user-friendly in terms of their installation and use. If you’re having network issues, though, or for any other reason, you may wish to disconnect your Roku Device from Wifi temporarily.
You will complete the procedure successfully if you follow the steps outlined in this tutorial, even though it can be challenging.
- Use the Roku’s home button to enter the main menu.
- Choose Settings from the menu on the home screen.
- Choose System from the list of options on the Settings screen.
- Select the Advanced System Settings menu option.
- Click the Network Connection option.
- Selecting the reset connection option will disconnect your Roku TV from the wireless network.
Related: Why Does My Roku Keep Restarting?
How to Disconnect Roku TV From Wifi Without Remote
Table Of Contents
The Roku app transforms your mobile device into a remote control for your Roku streaming player. To accomplish this, you must connect your Roku to a Wifi network; if it is not, you will need to use a traditional remote control. Here’s how to disconnect your Roku TV from Wi-Fi without using the remote control:
- Locate the Settings app on your mobile device and open it.
- In the Wifi settings, there is a Mobile Hotspot menu.
- Your Roku will require the wireless identifier, which you may find in the Sovereign System of Identification settings.
- To access this link, you will need to enter a password.
- Find the button labeled “Save” and click on it.
How to Disconnect Wifi From Tcl Roku TV
To configure the TCL TV, go to your home screen and select “Settings.” That is also where you will see the user interface for the remote control.
- Choose “Network” from the menu on the remote control.
- Using your remote control, you may locate and choose your Wifi connection.
- Ensure you’ve turned the remote off and select “Forget network” from the menu.
- Choose “OK” from the remote control menu.
Disconnect Roku Remote From TV
You might fix the problems you’re encountering with your Roku control simply by unpairing it. The process of unpairing is quite similar to pairing. Here’s how to do it:
- You need to press and hold your Home, Pairing, and Back buttons for up to 5 seconds.
- The light should flash three times.
- To verify if the Roku TV or player has been unpaired, try hitting a few buttons on the remote and seeing if it reacts. If it does not, it is no longer paired.
How to Disconnect Hisense Roku TV From Wifi
Here’s how you can disconnect Hisense Roku YV from your Wifi:
- Click on the Menu button on the remote controller of your Hisense TV.
- Navigate to the Settings menu to access this configuration option.
- You will take the next step after you select the Network option.
- In the tab titled “Networking Information,” you can check to see if your device is connected.
Roku TV Disconnects From Wifi When Turned Off
Your network password may have been altered, causing your Roku TV to lose its Internet connection. The router may also be offline, the signal may be weak, or an issue with the software that you cannot fix. You can fix most of them with basic troubleshooting at home, while the remaining few can cause you to purchase a new Roku TV.
Changes in Your Network Login Details
If you recently updated the password to your wireless network but neglected to reset it on your Roku TV, this could explain why it suddenly stopped connecting to the internet. To re-establish the Roku Wifi connection, change the same device’s password.
Changing your Roku TV’s Wifi password is easy; follow these steps:
- First, power up your television, and then hit the Home button.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Click Wireless Settings from the menu that appears under Wireless.
- Where it reads “Enter New Password,” you should type in the new Wifi password.
- Select “Done” with the up arrow and confirm by pressing the OK button.
- After that, you will be sent back to the menu where you configured the wireless settings; from there, click Network Setup.
- In Network Settings, you can see accessible Wifi networks for your Roku TV. Make your choice from the available options.
- Hit the OK button.
The router should get a response from your Roku TV within a specific timeframe. If it doesn’t, the router assumes that the Roku TV isn’t connected to the Wifi. You should reset both the modem and the router simultaneously to reconnect it. You’ll need to:
- Turn off both the modem and the router. Hold on for a minute.
- Reconnect the modem. Please hold on for one more minute.
- Connect the router to its power source. You should give it 5 minutes to connect.
- Reboot the Roku TV to determine whether it can re-establish a Wi-Fi connection.
Weak Wireless Signal
The first thing you need to do is check to see if the signal strength of your wireless router is sufficient for Roku TV to establish a connection with it.
You can do so by going to the Roku TV’s network settings and selecting a channel that does not overlap with others. Alternately, you might try adjusting it to operate at 5GHz rather than 2.4GHz. Here’s how you can do that:
- Go to Menu
- Click System
- Choose Network
- Select Wireless
- Then select the 5 GHz option.
You might purchase a Wi-Fi range extender if it does not work.
Your computer’s software or the Roku TV you’re using may have a fault that causes it to lose its connection to the internet frequently. The second symptom of this is a TV that switches off without warning and then won’t power back on again.
Checking to see if you have updated the software on your Roku TV to the most recent version is the very last resort you have for fixing errors on your Roku TV. Simply:
- Navigate to the Settings menu
- Select System Update
- Click the Check Now button.
The update shouldn’t take longer than 20 minutes to complete, so do it if it hasn’t already been done.
How to Reset Roku TV Wifi Without Remote
Here’s how to reset your Roku TV Wifi without a remote:
Step One: Prepare The Tools
It would be best if you made sure everything is prepared before beginning the process. One phone will be a wireless access point for your Roku box, while the other will be a remote control.
Step Two: Establish a Mobile Hotspot Connection for Your Roku Device
You first need to turn one phone into a hotspot so that the other devices can connect to the internet through it. If you already know the SSID for your Roku, the process should not be complex:
- Within the Wi-Fi settings, look for the Mobile Hotspot menu and select it.
- Switch on the mobile hotspot.
- In the box labeled Wi-Fi name (SSID), type in the SSID that your Roku uses.
- Type in the network’s password here.
- Click Save.
Step Three: Use Your Phone as a Remote Control Device
The Roku mobile app’s remote function only works if your mobile device and Roku player are on one Wifi network. Take advantage of the wireless hotspot you’ve set up by linking your mobile device to the Roku device. Here’s how:
- Launch the Roku application on your other phone.
- Choose the Remote button below your screen.
- Hold your breath and wait for the Roku remote to show on the screen.
- Try tapping the directional arrow keys to test if your Roku player recognizes the actions.
Step Four: Change the Wifi Settings by Using a Different Mobile Device
Assuming you know your way around the Roku interface, adjusting your Roku’s wireless settings shouldn’t be too difficult. With one smartphone acting as a hotspot and another connecting to it using the same password and DDSN, the rest is child’s play.
- Use your non-hotspot phone as a remote with the Roku app.
- Use the app remote controller to navigate to the Home screen.
- Highlight Settings, and then tap the OK button.
- Now, head on over to “Network.”
- Establish a wireless connection between your Roku and the desired network.
- Then, turn off your phone’s mobile hotspot functionality.
- Connect a phone to the Roku’s Wifi.
- Start up the Roku application on your mobile device.
- Now, your phone can function as a remote control.
How to Connect Roku TV to Wifi
Here’s how you can connect Roku TV to your Wifi:
- Click the “Home icon” on the remote
- Scroll down and click on Settings.
- To access the Network menu, use the right arrow key.
- Choose Wireless with the right arrow button.
- Your Roku TV will begin searching for available wireless networks
- Scroll down and select the name of your wireless network from the list that appears.
- Click the OK button.
- If your network requires a password to access it, you can use the virtual keyboard that appears on the screen to key in the password.
- Scroll below the screen and click the Connect button. Then click on the OK button.