Wondering where to watch Harry Potter movies for free? Worry no more! We have compiled a comprehensive guide of some of the best platforms to watch your favorite wizard and his friends wield their wands and cast an array of magical spells.
- You can watch the Harry Potter movies for free if you subscribe to Peacock’s free trial.
- There are many ways to watch the Harry Potter movies, including on streaming platforms like Disney+, Peacock, and Hulu. Harry Potter is currently not available on Netflix or Paramount+.
- The best way to enjoy the Harry Potter series is to watch it chronologically, starting with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone and ending with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2.
Can You Watch The Harry Potter Movies For Free?
Table Of Contents
- 1 Can You Watch The Harry Potter Movies For Free?
- 2 How to Watch Harry Potter on Disney Plus
- 3 Peacock Harry Potter
- 4 Signing up for Peacock’s Free Trial
- 5 Harry Potter Movies Streaming on Netflix
- 6 Is Harry Potter on Hulu?
- 7 Is Harry Potter on Paramount Plus?
- 8 Where to Watch Harry Potter in the UK?
- 9 In What Order Should I Watch The Harry Potter Series?
- 10 Here are the Harry Potter movies in chronological order:
- 11 Finally, Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts: Which Should You Watch First?
Watching Harry Potter movies for free without consent from their copyright holders is illegal. Like lots of other content, the Harry Potter movies are covered by copyright law, and you’d need a valid license or permission from the copyright owner.
To watch Harry Potter movies legally, here are some options you can explore:
- For instance, you can subscribe to streaming sites Hulu and HBO Max with Harry Potter movies in their libraries.
- Purchase or rent the movies on streaming sites like Google Play, iTunes, or Amazon Prime Video. Some of these sites offer subscribers the option of purchasing the movies outright or for a rental period at a cost.
How to Watch Harry Potter on Disney Plus
To watch Harry Potter on Disney Plus, you need to have a subscription. If you haven’t yet subscribed, it’s easy to register through the Disney Plus app or the Disney Plus website.
Now that you have subscribed to Disney Plus, there are two ways to watch all the Harry Potter movies:
- Streaming Harry Potter Online: To stream any Harry Potter movie online, go to the Disney Plus app or the Disney Plus website and log into your account. Next, search for the Harry Potter movie you want to stream and enjoy the experience.
- Download Harry Potter Movies to Watch Offline: Say you want to watch your preferred Harry Potter movie offline. All you have to do is download them onto your device via the Disney Plus app. To download, open your Disney Plus app, search for the Harry Potter movie you want to download, and choose the ‘Download’ option.
Remember, the Harry Potter movie you’ve downloaded will only be available to watch offline as long as your subscription stays active.
Peacock Harry Potter
An alternative way of streaming Harry Potter online for free is to subscribe to Peacock Premium’s free trial. Peacock is an NBCUniversal Media, LLC-owned streaming site offering an array of movies, television shows, and other video content.
After subscribing to the free trial, you can access all the content on the site, including all the Harry Potter movies.
Signing up for Peacock’s Free Trial
To sign up for Peacock’s free trial, log in to the Peacock website, follow the provided prompts, and create an account. You’ll have to give your email, create your password, and probably be asked for your payment details.
Nevertheless, you won’t pay a cent during the trial period duration. In addition, you can cancel if you choose not to proceed with the service.
Harry Potter Movies Streaming on Netflix
Unfortunately, you won’t find any of the Harry Potter movies on Netflix US or Netflix UK, but you can find them by searching Netflix by country. However, all is not lost, as the movies can be available on the site in the future, seeing that Netflix regularly obtains the rights to TV shows and movies.
Is Harry Potter on Hulu?
Absolutely! You can access all eight Harry Potter movies, from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 on Hulu. You have to get a Hulu subscription first, and you’ll gain access to not only Harry Potter movies but also to a wide choice of TV shows, movies, and other video content.
To stream your favorite shows and movies on Hulu, you can register either through their website or the Hulu app on devices like tablets, smart TVs, and phones. After successfully subscribing, search for the Harry Potter movie you want to watch and start streaming.
Unfortunately for Harry Potter enthusiasts outside the US, you can’t watch Harry Potter on Hulu, BUT, with a Virtual Private Network (VPN), you can watch them.
The VPN will redirect your connection through global servers and hide your location and IP address from the platforms.
Is Harry Potter on Paramount Plus?
At the moment, you won’t find any of the Harry Potter movies on Paramount+. Paramount+ is a streaming site offering a wide range of live sports, action, movies, and television shows.
Where to Watch Harry Potter in the UK?
If you live in the United Kingdom, you’d be spoilt for choosing to watch Harry Potter. Here are some of the alternatives at your disposal:
Online Streaming: You can stream all the Harry Potter movies on subscription streaming sites like:
- Sky: Sky provides access to all Harry Potter movies and other Harry Potter-themed documentaries and television shows.
- NOW TV: This is a streaming site affiliated with Sky, and it provides a broad repertoire of Harry Potter documentaries, movies, and TV shows.
- Amazon Prime Video: You can stream all the Harry potter movies on Amazon Prime Video in the UK.
Note that other popular streaming services like Hulu, Disney+, and HBO Max are not available in the UK at the moment.
In What Order Should I Watch The Harry Potter Series?
To get the best out of this phenomenal movie series, you should watch the movies in the order of their release. Start with Harry Potter and The Philosopher’s Stone, released in 2001, and finish this incredible journey with Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows Part 1 and Part 2.
Here are the Harry Potter movies in chronological order:
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
Finally, Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts: Which Should You Watch First?
Now, we wouldn’t do the Harry Potter movies any justice if we don’t mention the Fantastic Beasts movies. Keep in mind that the Fantastic Beasts stories take place way back before the Harry Potter story.
So, it would make sense to watch Fantastic Beasts before the Harry Potter movies, right? Well, not really!
Although Fantastic Beasts has characters that feature in Harry Potter (like Albus Dumbledore), we recommend watching all eight Harry Potter movies first before venturing into the world of Fantastic Beasts.