Making and sharing photos can be so much fun, especially if you know how to use cool, creative effects like inverting or using filters. If you don’t know how to invert a picture on iPhone, don’t worry. It’s very easy and quick.
Keep on reading to find out how to do it easily step-by-step!
Table Of Contents
- 1 Why Do People Use Invert on iPhone?
- 2 How to Invert a Picture on iPhone Step-by-Step
- 3 Inverting a Picture on iPhone: Tips and Tricks
- 4 More iPhone Tutorials
- 5 Conclusion
Why Do People Use Invert on iPhone?
There are two ways of inverting your image – simple inverting just flips its position from left to right, which sometimes works better for the design you have in mind. Some images will also look better when flipped.
Color inverting a picture is different. Here, the color scheme of the image is reversed, creating a unique and imaginative effect. Each color turns into its opposite on the color wheel – green becomes magenta, white becomes black, orange blue, etc.
Even an ordinary photo can become an intriguing work of art when you invert the colors. Inverted images often have a mysterious, eerie feel to them. It’s like looking at the familiar world around you from a completely different point of view. And if you have a printer that you can connect to your iPhone, you can create some cool art for your home interior.
How to Invert a Picture on iPhone Step-by-Step
Image by Cartoonize
Using the Photos App
This method allows you to invert the image so that it looks like the original’s mirror version. You may need to do this for aesthetic reasons or because it fits better for a particular type of image, like a wallpaper picture or meme. Here’s how it works:
1. Open the Photos app on your iPhone
2. Select the image you wish to invert
3. Tap the Edit button in the top-right corner
4. Locate the Adjustments tool
5. Select Invert
6. Preview your image, confirm, and save the changes
Using Third-Party Apps
If you want to flip the colors of your image, you’ll need to use a third-party app. You can download them from the App Store; installation typically takes only a few minutes.
Image by iPhoneLife
One app you can use is Adobe’s Photoshop Express. Make sure you choose the iOS version for your iPhone because it’s also available for Android. It’s free and unlike the more complex Photoshop for desktop, it allows you to invert your image’s colors in a few quick steps:
- Open the app, and if prompted, give it permission to access your photos.
- Tap on the image you want to invert.
- Go to Looks>Free, and find Invert in the sliding filter menu.
- Tap Invert. You’ll see your image in the preview with reversed colors.
- If you like the result, tap Next and then choose whether you want to save it in your phone’s gallery or share it.
You can also use Lightroom to invert a picture on your phone. It gives you more control over the effects, and it’s only slightly more complicated.
Image by Geekflare
Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install the app for free from the App Store.
- Open the app. You can skip the tutorials and ads if you don’t want to watch them.
- Import your image by tapping the picture icon with a plus next to it at the bottom right of the screen.
- In the Editing tool, tap on Light, and then choose Curve from the options.
- You can drag the curved line from top to bottom of your picture to mark the area you want to invert colors for.
- You can move the dot within the curved line to make colors darker or lighter.
- Tap Done when you’re satisfied with the result and then save the image on your device.
Inverting a Picture on iPhone: Tips and Tricks
If you want to get even more creative with your photo’s invert effects, I’ve listed several tips and tricks you can try. Playing with the effects is an easy way to make your photo look much more professional!
Adjust the Intensity of the Invert Effect
Image by Backlightblog
Both of the above apps you can use for inverting image colors have options for adjusting the invert effect. In Lightroom, you can move the dot on the curved line in the Editing tool to change the color effects. In Photoshop Express, use the slider below the image to regulate the intensity of the inverted colors once you’ve tapped the Invert option.
Combine Inverted and Non-Inverted Parts in a Single Image
To get an inverted color scheme for only part of your image, you can download an app like Negative Photo Effects from the App Store. It will only invert the image color on areas of your choice, leaving the rest of the image with the original colors.
Use Additional Editing Tools to Enhance the Inverted Image
Another way you can enhance your inverted image is by replacing one color with another. One way to do this is to use an online editor, like BeFunky. Go to its Editing menu and choose Replace Color. Then choose which color you want to change and select the replacement color. It will be changed automatically. Picsart is another free online tool you can use to add all kinds of layers and fun effects to your image.
More iPhone Tutorials
- How to Get Rid of Shadows in Pictures on My iPhone
- How to Do Side by Side Photos on iPhone
- How to Find Hidden Photos on iPhone
- How to Resize an Image on iPhone Step-by-Step
- How to Turn Off SafeSearch on iPhone
Inverting pictures on your iPhone isn’t difficult, whether you simply want to flip the image from left to right or reverse the colors. The easiest way to flip your image is by using the in-built iPhone Photos app. There are plenty of free apps you can use, too; Photoshop Express and Lightroom are both free and very easy to use.
The inverted color effect makes your photos more fun and creative. Why not try making an inverted selfie or a combined inverted and non-inverted portrait? With the options to adjust the levels and add filters, the possibilities for creating a vivid and memorable image are endless.