- There are a few different ways to turn off SafeSearch on your iPhone, depending on which version of the iPhone you have.
- On an iPhone 11, 12, or 13, you can go to Settings > Safari and scroll down to the bottom of the page. A ” Search ” section will be labeled with a toggle for “Safe Search.” Switch this toggle to the off position.
- If you’re using an older version of the iPhone, you can still turn off SafeSearch by going to Settings > Safari. However, you will need a slider to move to the off position instead of a toggle.
- It’s also possible to turn off SafeSearch when your iPhone is locked. To do this, go to Settings > General > Restrictions and enter your passcode. Once you’re in Restrictions, scroll down until you see “Websites.” Underneath that heading will be an option labeled “Limit Adult Content.” Make sure this option is turned off.
SafeSearch is a feature that Google introduced in 2017 that helps protect you from adult content. It also filters out other types of explicit content, such as violence and piracy. This filter can either be turned off completely or set to block only certain types of content. Here, we will discuss everything about Safesearch on your iPhone and Ipad. Follow through to learn more.
Table Of Contents
How to Turn Off Safesearch on iPhone 11, 12, 13
It’s easy to turn off SafeSearch on your iPhone 11, 12, or 13.
Here’s a step-by-step illustrated guide:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone
- Tap Safari
- Tap Search Engine
- Tap Google
- Tap the switch next to “SafeSearch”
- A confirmation message will appear asking if you want to turn off SafeSearch. Tap Turn Off
Related: Local Network Access iPhone – Learn How to Set it Up
How to Turn Off Safesearch on Safari iPhone
Open the Settings app on your iPhone. Scroll down and tap on Safari. In the General section, find the Smart Search Field option and toggle it to the off position. This will disable the Safari Suggestions and Search Suggestions features, which power the SafeSearch function.
Now open Safari and try searching for something you know would generally raise a red flag with SafeSearch. If you can search without any issues, you’ve successfully turned off this feature!
Related: iPhone Clear App Cache Without Deleting App – 3 Simple Ways
How to Turn Off Safesearch on iPhone When Locked
Do you want to turn off SafeSearch on your iPhone when it is locked?
Follow these easy steps:
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone
- Scroll down and tap on Safari
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Safari page and tap on Advanced
- Tap on Website Data
- Fifth, tap on Remove All Website Data
- Confirm by tapping Remove Now in the popup window
- Return to the Safari page and scroll down to the bottom again
- Eighth, tap on Clear History and Website Data
- Confirm by tapping Clear History and Data in the popup window
- Return to the Settings app and scroll down to Screen Time
- Tap on Content & Privacy Restrictions
- Enter your passcode when prompted
- Tap on Content Restrictions
- Fourteenth, tap on Web Content
- Select Limit Adult Websites or Allowed Websites Only under the Websites heading. Enter the website address for each site you want to allow in the Add a Website field (e.g., WWW .google .com)
- Lastly, tap done when finished adding websites”
Related: How to Do Side-by-Side Photos on iPhone
Where Are Search Settings on iPhone?
If you’re looking for the search settings on your iPhone, you’ll find them by opening the Settings app and tapping on the “Search” option. Here, you can adjust various settings related to how your device searches for things on and off your device.
For example, you can choose whether to include web results when you search on your iPhone.
You can also choose which language you want to use for search results. And if you’re using Siri, you can decide whether to allow Siri to access your location when providing search results.
These are just a few options available in the Search settings on your iPhone, so if you want to change how your device searches for things, check out this menu.
Related: How to Invert a Picture on iPhone? A Step-By-Step Guide
How to Turn Off Safesearch on IPad
If you’re looking for a way to turn off SafeSearch on your iPad, this illustrated guide will show you how. Just follow these simple steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPad.
- Tap on Safari in the left-hand menu.
- Scroll down to the Search Engine section and tap on Google.
- On the next screen, tap on the switch next to “SafeSearch” to turn it off.
- That’s it! Now when you search using Google on your iPad, SafeSearch will be turned off, and you’ll see results that may not be suitable for children or sensitive viewers.
Many search engines offer Safe Search features that filter out potentially offensive, controversial, or explicit results. Safe Search is usually turned on by default but can be turned off if needed.
When Safe Search is turned on, offensive results are filtered out of the search results. However, not all appalling results are filtered out, as the filter is imperfect. Safe Search is an excellent way to avoid seeing offensive content, but it is not foolproof.
Most search engines allow you to set your SafeSearch preference to filter out explicit results from your search. This can be helpful if you want a specific answer but avoid wading through potentially offensive results.
However, it’s important to note that not all search engines are created equal regarding SafeSearch. Some engines, like Google, use automated processes to filter out explicit content, while others, like Bing, require manual intervention by their editors.
As such, some offensive results may slip through the cracks on specific search engines. If you’re concerned about seeing explicit content in your search results, it’s best to stick with an engine that uses automated filtering.
Related: How to Change Fitness Goals on iPhone – Step-By-Step
Google Safe Search
Google SafeSearch is a filter added to Google search results that omit any inappropriate content for younger users. This is done by automatically excluding websites with specific keywords from the search results.
Google SafeSearch can be turned on in the Preferences section of a user’s Google account and is set to “on” by default for signed-in users. There are three levels of filtering available through Google SafeSearch: Moderate, Strict, and Off.
The Moderate setting filters out explicit images and videos, while the Strict setting also filters out websites with adult content. The Off setting allows all websites to appear in search results, regardless of content.
For parents concerned about their children accessing inappropriate content online, Google SafeSearch can be a helpful tool. It is important to note, however, that SafeSearch is not 100% accurate, and some explicit material may still slip through the filters.
Safe Search Locked On
When you have SafeSearch LockOn, Google’s SafeSearch filtering is always turned on when you search. This can be helpful if you want to make sure that your results are filtered to only show results that are suitable for children or if you want to avoid seeing explicit content in your results. You can turn SafeSearch LockOn on or off from the Google Search Settings page.
I hope this article has helped you understand how to turn SafeSearch off your iPhone. As we have seen, it is a simple process that only takes a few minutes to complete. Once you have turned off SafeSearch, you will be able to access all the content on the internet without any restrictions. So go ahead and enjoy yourself — happy browsing!