The 32-inch Samsung 4K TVs are the smallest 4K TVs available—Samsung’s Q50R and Q60A series. This article compares and contrasts the two models and explains how they improve your viewing experience.
What Is The Smallest Size 4K TV?
Table Of Contents
- 1 What Is The Smallest Size 4K TV?
- 2 Samsung Q50/Q50R QLED
- 3 Samsung Q60/Q60A QLED
- 4 What Is the Difference Between Samsung Q50/Q50R and Q60/Q60A?
- 5 What Are the Benefits of the Smallest 4K TV?
- 6 What Are the Benefits of 4K?
- 7 What Is The Best Size for Gaming TV?
- 8 Can You See 4K on a 32 Inch TV?
- 9 Is 4K Worth It on a Small TV?
- 10 What Size Do 4K TVs Start At?
Here’s our breakdown of the smallest size 4K TV. For convenience, we have included two models from the same manufacturer. That’s because only Samsung produces 4K televisions in compact sizes. Now, let’s look at the two different models:
The Samsung Q50/Q50R QLED is a superb 4k television with a screen size of 32 inches. It has a pretty good image resolution with deep blacks. It also has a perfect color spectrum, but like most VA TVs, the image quality suffers when viewed from an angle. That is a common issue with TVs that use vertical alignment.
Unfortunately, it does not support sophisticated gaming features, such as FreeSync. However, it has an excellently low input lag that makes it fantastic for gaming.
- Display Technology: QLED
- Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
- Resolution: 4K
- Special Feature: 4K UHD Processor, 100% Color Volume, Smart TV, Bixby Voice.
- Connectivity Technology: HDMI, Bluetooth, Wireless, USB
- Internet Services: Hulu, Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Instant Video, Browser
- Deep blacks
- Exceptionally low input lag
- At an angle, the image quality decreases
- Noticeable motion nuances
The Samsung Q60/Q60A QLED is a replacement for the Samsung Q60/Q60T QLED as the company’s entry-level 4k TV for 2021. Even though it’s a budget TV, the picture quality is quite respectable because of the broad color palette, impressive peak brightness, and superb contrast.
However, it does not have the premium Samsung models’ superior gameplay and motion-enhancing features. It has an excellent response speed and low input lag, but the only HDMI ports support just HDMI 2.0 bandwidth, which isn’t enough for the PlayStation 5 or Xbox One Series X.
It operates on a toned-down version of Samsung’s own Tizen OS smart interface, with fewer visual flourishes. Despite this, there is a wide variety of streaming apps which is pretty simple to operate.
- Screen Size: 32 Inches
- Speakers: 2, 20W
- Special Feature: Gallery, Smart Things, App Casting, Web Browser
- Supported Internet Services: YouTube, Netflix, Hulu
- Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
- Connectivity Technology: USB, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, HDMI, Ethernet (LAN)
- Display Technology: QLED
- Resolution: 4K
- Elegant design and a great remote
- Enhanced brightness compared to less expensive televisions
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) colors that pop
- Lots of features
- Lacks HDMI 2.1 features
- The refresh rate is only 60Hz.
What Is the Difference Between Samsung Q50/Q50R and Q60/Q60A?
The Samsung Q50 and the Samsung Q60 have several features and functionalities in common. The two models may seem similar at first glance, but there are two significant differences. These are:
In 2019, Samsung presented the Q50R to the public. Around the same time, LG debuted its LG B8 television, which came in 55 and 65-inch sizes. In 2021, the Q60A debuted with the LG C1 (with screen sizes of 48, 55, 65, 77, and 83 inches) and the Hisense U6G (50, 55, 65, and 75 inches).
If compatibility is essential to you, the Q60A is the best Samsung 32-inch 4k tv. However, what you choose is subject to individual preference and budget.
What Are the Benefits of the Smallest 4K TV?
To some extent, bigger is not always better. In this context, small Samsung 4K TV offers the following unique benefits:
Uses Little Space
Some rooms are not big enough to accommodate a large television screen since it would dominate the entire room. Many kitchens and bedrooms, for instance, can benefit from smaller, unobtrusive televisions.
Easy to Move Around
The best premium small 4K TV is convenient when moving to a new location, whether traveling or wanting to change the scenery in your home. When your television has a screen size of 50 inches or more, doing that becomes a lot more challenging.
Another consideration when deciding which TV size to buy is your available money. Because televisions with smaller screens often cost less than those with larger models, purchasing a smaller TV is the best option for those on a tight budget.
What Are the Benefits of 4K?
When you go for a 4K TV, you’ll benefit from the following:
- More detail. Sharper and more detailed images are the most noticeable advantage of TVs featuring native 4K capabilities. The resolution of these images (3840 x 2160) is four times that of the full HD images.
- It has enhanced color management. Since there are so many pixels to work with, images can show subtler color transitions. That makes it difficult, if not impossible, to detect any striped or blocked patterns in a given color combination.
- Improvements in cinematic quality and overall immersion. 4K images have so much more detail that they look just as good up close as they do from a distance. Because of this, a 4K display may give you a picture that’s as clear as it is expansive, making you feel more like you’re in the theater.
So far, we’ve only scratched the surface of the many advantages of upgrading to a 4K television. Be sure to check more benefits before deciding which way to go.
What Is The Best Size for Gaming TV?
Play on a monitor rather than television to get the most out of your gaming experience. A monitor allows you to get much closer to the action on the screen. There are 4K gaming monitors available with screens as tiny as 24 inches in size. The typical screen size for a 4K television is about 43 inches.
If you sit too close to a screen this size, like you would when using a gaming monitor, you may notice pixels, or the graphics may not seem as sharp.
If you want to play games at 4K resolution, you’ll need a television that’s at least 40 inches in size and have the TV connected to the gaming console. The gaming experience on a television with a screen size of 55 inches may be much better.
Can You See 4K on a 32 Inch TV?
Yes, you can see 4K on a 32-inch TV. However, you do not have many options out there from different brands. The 4K pixel density is too high for such a small screen. If your TV is 32 inches or less, you can get away with a 720p resolution and yet get the same effect as a 4K display from five feet away.
Is 4K Worth It on a Small TV?
There’s no sure answer whether 4K is worth it on a small TV. Most professionals agree that a 42-inch screen is necessary to appreciate 4K resolution. A larger screen allows for a greater viewing distance without compromising picture quality. Keep that in mind when more and more high-definition televisions hit the market.
What Size Do 4K TVs Start At?
The smallest 4K televisions are 32 inches in size. Samsung showed this with the two models discussed earlier in this article. More 32-inch televisions or less may support 4K soon. We might even have the best 4k tv 24 inches.
However, considering the present trends, we can predict that the smallest 4K TVs will start at 42 inches.