Are you looking for a fantastic new device for your game room, bachelor pad for the grandkids to play with. You might want to think about investing in an air hockey table. The best air hockey tables provide hours of entertainment and are sure to be a hit with kids and adults of all ages. You might remember spending precious dimes to play with an air hockey table at your local arcade. Well now, you can bring one home for yourself and play on it whenever you want.
Air hockey tables are quite advanced pieces of equipment and considerably large. Often Eight feet in size, these tables operate by air pushing through countless nozzles causing the puck to hover over the service. A game of air hockey can be frantic, energetic, spirited and last a good few hours. It will certainly save the kids from heading down to the arcade after school.
So, now you know some of the reasons why you should invest in an air hockey table. But which one should you purchase? There are quite a few options on the market. Some of these are cheaply made and designed while others certainly provide the value of the purchase price. To help you make the right decision, here are some of the best options available this year with a selection of the most popular brands and products!
Quick Comparison Table & Our Pick!
This as you would expect from us is an EPIC post so grab a coffee before you start and see how we cut through every product and review it with precision. IF YOU ARE SHORT ON TIME and just need to know the results of our reviews , CHECK THE RESULTS TABLE BELOW!
~99.5x51.5 x 31
83.75 x 41.75 x 30
Other Great Recommendations
70.6 x 39.8 x 6
The Best Air Hockey Tables In The Market That Money Can Buy!
As we mentioned before there’s such a wide variety of air hockey tables to choose from. On this guide, you’ll find nothing short of the best along with a key list of the features and the pros and cons for each product.
Valley-Dynamo Fire Storm Air Hockey Table
If you want the true feeling of an arcade then this is definitely the air hockey table for you. Even the design screams that it belongs in a buzzing room filled with laughter and cheers thanks to the fire red paintwork. The table has a top of the line Dyna-Blast blower system that will make sure the puck glides like never before. It’s completely adjustable and this stunning table is full sized. At 93 by 45 inches, you’re getting the true air hockey experience with this option and that’s not all.
The table has also been built in with a stunning graphical display. There is a beautiful backlight overhead, and interactive flashing light and sounds that blast from a 200-watt speaker system. As you would expect with such an immaculate design, this table is designed with a full overhead scoring system. The table also comes equipped with a range of fantastic accessories including 2 mallets, a green puck that glows and a white puck for starting the game.
- Graphics and sounds will make you feel the action of the game more than ever before.
- Plenty of accessories are included with a full LED scoring system that provides incredible displays.
- Full 1-year warranty will give you peace of mind while free shipping provides great value for money.
- Once in place, the table is easy to assemble and can be ready in minutes.
- Jam proof scoring system will ensure that you never lose track of who is winning.
- UV coated ensures that the table stays in fantastic condition for longer.
- Service of the table glows providing a fantastic visual.
- Commercial level build work.
- Easily one of the most expensive tables on the market, this won’t suit every budget.
- The product is heavy which means you will likely need a moving team to get it in place.
- The table is largely designed for commercial use rather than home play.
- May experience technical issues during the first year of use with the sensors for scoring.
- Pucks can get stuck and will need dislodging.
Valley-Dynamo 8ft Pro Style Air Hockey Table with Overhead Scoring
Another option from Valley-Dynamo, this table provides the same high-quality build but is far less flashy. Instead of the fire red design, you get a table that is a sleek black with a dark blue for the surface. The table still provides a great overhead scoring system to keep track of who is on top at any given time through a game. This is a full-size table so it is perfect for both commercial and home use with a very impressive build.
It has the same Dyna-blast blower as the first option on our list. The system is designed to ensure that the puck does not get stuck and that the game is constantly congoing without breaks. The legs for the table are polystyrene and are designed to ensure that the table has a solid base for the best play possible. This table is also fully approved by the United States Air-Table-Hockey Association so you can guarantee that you are getting a fantastic product. Dynamo is known for their high-quality air hockey tables and this one is certainly no exception. Indeed, with this product you could play hundreds of fast and wild games while never seeing a scratch. You can lean on the rails too during play and you won’t have to worry that they could break under pressure.
- It provides a fantastic level of durability and a quality build from a great manufacturer.
- The table is perfectly designed for intense, quick fire and energetic play.
- Polystyrene legs come with leg levelers that adjust to whatever they are standing on.
- Overhead scoring unit is included and will keep track of your play for professional games.
- A true size provides the full experience of professional air hockey.
- Built for commercial use, this table may be too expensive for the casual player.
- No flashing lights, sounds or fun features that you would expect from a typical arcade hockey system.
- A plain design may be too boring for some players and buyers.
- Mainly suited for people who want to be pros rather than kids or casuals.
- This table is difficult to assemble and heavy. You will need at least three people on hand to get it set up.
Brunswick 7ft Air Hockey Table - Windchill
This is the first table on our list that is built and designed for the general consumer market. Instead of belonging in a bar or even a commercial air hockey arena, this is suited for your basement or game room. You’ll know this immediately because it comes with the typical residential size mallet, rather than commercial ones. That’s to be expected though as this table is a good foot smaller than the commercial size.
Similar to the Valley-Dynamo product, this table does come with a pedestal base to keep the whole system level. Though not as impressive as the other offerings, the table does provide two dual scorer systems. It also offers a contemporary style for the homes of today instead of vintage models that you might have already viewed on the market. A constant flow UL blower is also part of the design and works to ensure that the game continues to move at a rapid pace.
- The table is easy to assemble and can be fitted in less than thirty minutes.
- Ideal for both kids and adults to play due to the fast speed of the game.
- Far more affordable than the standard commercial products without losing the quality of design.
- Durable and tough, this table will withstand fast gameplay and only the heaviest hits will damage the surface.
- A strong fan ensures there are no dead zones on the table.
- Size and weight means it requires at least two adults to put it together and assemble
- Scratch resistance ensures that the table will still look great after you have used it countless times.
- The company will provide a replacement table if the original product is damaged.
- You may find the sound of the fan to be quite loud and irritating but this is only on when the table is in use.
- There are no bells, buzzers or any other noise that you might expect from a high-end table.
- A smaller table not suited for more serious play.
- Only a ninety-day warranty rather than the typical year coverage.
- Not suitable for outdoor use as the table will absorb moisture.
- No replacement parts available to cover damages.
Premium Black 7-ft Air Hockey Chrome Table w/5 Year Warranty from FamilyPoolFun.com
Have you been searching for an arcade-style hockey table that could be suitable for your home? If so, FamilyPoolFun.com might have you covered with this fantastic product. While it is designed for home use, this product features a commercial design which means there are over 3,500 air holes to ensure a nonstop game. It’s also crafted from MDF materials and finished in black PVC. The table is designed to be scratch resident and comes with four hockey pucks and well as four black strikers. Offering four leg levelers, this table is designed to never give one side an unfair advantage.
The table does weigh a tremendous 380lbs so despite being suitable for home use it is quite heavy. You’ll love the stylish modern design too. It’s not vibrant and colorful but it also isn’t plain and boring either. The table is suitable for kids as well as adults and comes with a full scoreboard which changes automatically to constantly keep track of who is winning. We’re also thrilled to say that there are four different settings for you to explore.
- A full five-year warranty ensures that if the product does get damaged you can easily get a replacement.
- PVC covering provides an anti-scratch resistant service which will keep your table looking great for years.
- The commercial air system is designed to ensure that are absolutely no dead spots with a powerful blower motor.
- The product is crafted to a high quality and designed to withstand tough bumps and knocks.
- The table legs are automatically adjusted to provide the most solid base regardless of what service you are using.
- Comes virtually fully assembled and all you need to do is attach the legs.
- The scoreboard is easy and provides great fun.
- At seven foot this is not commercial size and will not be suitable for those keen to train at a professional level.
- A heavy weight ensures that set up and repositioning can be tricky without help.
- It may be difficult to figure out the different settings available.
Lancaster AWH066_018P 66 Inch Air Powered Air Hockey Table w/Electronic Scoring
If you’re looking for a high-quality table at a reasonable price, this will be a great choice. It’s by far the cheapest on our list but don’t let the cost deter you. This table will still prove to be a fantastic fantastic fun piece of equipment for family games. It is considerably smaller than other options and comes below five foot. So, it could be perfect if you want an air hockey table but don’t have a massive level of space a full-size product.
The table does have reinforced legs designed to provide the best level of play possible. This means that bumps and jolts will not impact the score or fairness when you’re having fun playing. As well as high-quality legs, the gloss surface is also reinforced which means that you won’t have to worry about issues with gameplay. The table comes with a range of great accessories including two pucks and two pushers.
Lancaster claims that this table is suitable for families, basements, arcades and even professional play. While, we’re not sure that’s true, despite the size this table wouldn’t look out of place at an arcade at all. After all, it does have a fantastic vibrant design. As well as this, the table provides the sounds and buzzers that you would expect from a product suitable for this type of arena. It’s certainly not a barebones device and you get a lot more than you might expect for the price. It’s a well-assembled device and is ideally suited for a family with children that are keen to get into this fun game.
- Compact in size, this table will serve you will even if you don’t have a great deal of space.
- Great value at a low and cheerful price without losing the quality of higher end products.
- Sturdy legs ensure you won’t have to worry about an unfair advantage on either side.
- Designed for fast play and rapid movements with a powerful and reliable fan system.
- Comes with all the pieces you need to stay playing immediately.
- Does require setting up and will take approximately an hour to get it ready.
- Two pucks provide different game experiences. While one will float beautifully the other is fairly useless. Need to test them out to find which one suits your needs.
- Not suitable for people looking for a true experience with a full-size system.
- Provides sounds but doesn’t have the quality speaker system that you might hope for.
- This is not a scratch resistant table so after a year you will start to see signs of wear and tear.
Factors To Consider
Weight And Size
This is the first factor that you should always keep in mind. A seven-foot table is generally considered perfect for homes and family use. Anything less than that is really just for kids or teenagers and if you want the full experience for pros an eight-footer is always the way to go. You only need to be concerned with weight if you are going to be moving the table around a lot or if you are wondering whether you need movers to get it in place.
Quality Of Build
You should always check the quality of the build of a table before you buy. A high-quality table will be both durable and strong. This provides two advantages. If the table is durable, you won’t have to worry about the bars breaking or any scratches on the surface of the table. This is why you should really select a table that does provide an anti-scratch surface. There are quite a few like this available on the market and you’ll be thankful you invested in one after a few years of serious play. The strength of the table will ensure it remains sturdy after serious, high octane action. Remember, it’s quite common to lean on an air hockey table during play so it should be able to support this.
You do want a table with a great, quality fan. The fan is essential to keep the game moving and as rapid as you would expect. Always check reviews for any mention dead spots. Dead spots, as the name suggest, will stop a game dead. The puck will cease to move somewhere in the middle of the table meaning that you will need to start again from the last point. It’s an annoying issue that can be avoided by investing in a quality product. Another problem to be aware of is the fan pushing air the wrong way. This is a common technical difficulty on cheaper devices but can be easily fixed.
Size Of Pucks And Pushers
The size of the pucks and pushers is another small detail that will tell you whether you are purchasing a table for general consumers or something more suitable for professionals. A puck for a professional game should be three inches. You’ll find that tables suited for children provide pucks that are two instead.
Instructions And Maintenance
You definitely want an air hockey table with some fantastic instructions for how to set it up and operate the device. Without this, you will struggle particularly if the table arrives in pieces. They can be notoriously difficult to put together without the right instruction manual. Similarly, you need to consider the time it’s going to take to get the table up and ready. It’s not uncommon for setup times on these products to be more than an hour. Alternatively some will arrive nearly fully assembled except the legs.
Parts And Accessories included
There are a number of accessories that can come included with these air hockey tables. This includes:
- A separate scoreboard
- A protective cover
Separate scoreboards will typically fit over the table for an arcade-style aesthetic. These look great and you can probably expect lights and sounds as well. Some tables also come with a full protective cover. This is designed to make sure the table isn’t used as an actual table at any point! It stops people resting things on the surface when it’s not in use and is usually included with commercial products.
Pucks and pushers come in various, shapes, sizes, styles and colors. You can usually get at least two or four with each table. Some will glow and may even light up depending on the individual design of the product.
These are some of the top options on the market, but which one is right for you? Well, if you are keen to make sure that you get the full experience, our pick would be the Valley-Dynamo Firestorm table. It has the look and the features that you are sure to love. The only issue is the price. Since this is built for a commercial buyer, you are going to struggle to fit this one in your typical budget. However, that doesn’t mean that the kids or the grandkids won’t love it if you do. They certainly will and despite the high price you do get your money’s worth. This gives you the best sound system and entertainment option on the market.
If on the other hand, you don’t have the money for the full deal, a seven-foot table such as Brunswick product will be the best choice. It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles but does give you the full quality game that you’d expect. This means no dead spots and a solid level of durability. It will last just as long as the more expensive choices on the market. Furthermore, it will look great too and complete any game room in your home.
Last Updated On