People have been curious about how to record calls on iPhone for free because of its usefulness. Unfortunately, Apple has not included a built-in call recording capability for the iPhone because:
- Varied legal restrictions worldwide and inside individual states.
- Some individuals may abuse such a function.
So Apple decided to leave it off the iPhone.
One of the reasons Apple has drawn users from all around the world is because of the excellent privacy settings it provides.
If you secretly record a call using your iPhone, you can find yourself in sticky legal situations. If you intend to record a phone call, you must first inform the person on the other end of the line. It’s best to obtain their permission before beginning the recording.
There are a wide variety of third-party applications, both paid and unpaid, that iPhone users can use to record phone calls.
On the bright side, you won’t need third-party apps to record calls on your iPhone. This guide will walk you through four simple methods used on an iPhone to record phone calls without apps.
Here are some options you can use to record your calls:
Option 1: Use a Separate Device to Record Your Calls
Table Of Contents
- 1 Option 1: Use a Separate Device to Record Your Calls
- 2 Option 2: Record iPhone Calls With Google Voice
- 3 Option 3: Using an iPhone and a Voicemail Inbox to Record a Call
- 4 Option 4: Use a Third-Party Recording Service
- 5 Can You Record a Phone Call On iPhone Using Voice Memo?
- 6 Can You Record a Phone Call On iPhone Without an App?
If you can access a second phone, a computer, or a voice recorder, you can easily record phone conversations on an iPhone.
To use a different device to record your phone calls, follow these steps:
- Call the person you want to talk to
- Turn on the other device’s recorder to begin recording your chat with the other party
Option 2: Record iPhone Calls With Google Voice
You can use Google Voice on any iOS device, and it’s completely free and straightforward to set up. When you activate your device, you’ll be assigned a free phone number to make calls within Canada or the United States. So, if you’re wondering how to record iPhone calls, go no further than Google Voice.
If you sign up for this service, you’ll also be able to record your phone calls. This choice is, however, restricted to citizens of the United States and Canada; nonetheless, this restriction is usually circumvented. Here’s how to use Google Voice on your iPhone to record calls:
- Make sure you have an active Internet connection while you visit the Google website to sign up for and configure your Google Voice account on your Apple device
- To finish the setup process, download the Google Voice app and launch it
- Go to the App’s home screen and use the three-bar menu in the upper left corner
- From the option on the side, choose ‘Calls’
- Enable incoming calls
- To record a conversation, dial the phone number of the person you desire to record and then hit the “4” button.
- Call termination or pressing ‘4’ again will also stop the recording
The Google Voice inbox is where you’ll find your saved messages and voicemails.
Option 3: Using an iPhone and a Voicemail Inbox to Record a Call
Are you searching for information on the best free call recorder for iPhone? Here’s yet another easy way to record phone conversations without installing additional applications. This method applies to all iPhones, provided the voicemail feature is operational.
You can use this method to record your phone calls by doing the following:
- Start by calling the person or people you want to speak to on the recorded call
- Once the interface has loaded, select the Add call option
- You can then pick a contact from your list and start a cal.
- The service will instantly add your voicemail to the system when you do this
- A beep will let you know that your voicemail has been successfully added
- You can select the Merge option on the dial interface to combine your current call with the voicemail recording into one conference call.
Your voicemail conversations will be recorded and stored in your inbox.
Option 4: Use a Third-Party Recording Service
Rather than downloading an additional app, you can utilize a website like Recordator to record iPhone calls. Here’s a Recordator’s step-by-step guide to iPhone call recording:
- Go to recordator.com and sign up for an account.
- Depending on where you live, you can call their toll-free number, which is already listed on their website.
- Click Add Call on the outgoing call screen once you successfully make the previous call.
- Call the desired number by selecting it from a drop-down menu.
- When the other party finally answers, you can merge calls by clicking the Merge button.
- As soon as you dial the toll-free number, you are connected to a conference call, and your call will be recorded.
After you have finished the call, you may access the area of your Recordator account titled “My Recordings” to download the recording you just made quickly.
Related: 5 Best Mini Projectors For iPhone
Can You Record a Phone Call On iPhone Using Voice Memo?
You can use the Voice Memo app to record your phone conversations as follows:
- Open the Phone app and initiate the call to begin recording a call,
- Select Audio followed by Speaker to use the call’s speaker functionality.
- Download Apple’s free Voice Memos application onto a second device to record your voice memos. That second device might be an iPad, Mac, iPad touch, or iPhone.
- Press and hold the red record button on your iPhone while bringing the second device close to begin recording a new voice memo.
To send the call recording to someone else after the call is over:
- Tap the recording
- Click on the “…” button
- Hit “Share”
- Finally, tap the app you’d like to use to send the recording.
Can You Record a Phone Call On iPhone Without an App?
Yes, you can record a phone call on your iPhone without an application. You can easily record calls on your iPhone using any of the options. If you want to record a conversation, you must ensure the other person is okay with it.