Your favorite game—Elden Ring, is a project by the famous FromSoftware. It was published by Bandai Namco Entertainment in February 2022. Up until this time, FromSoftware’s Dark Souls games, Bloodborne and Sekiro shadows die twice had been the bomb—They still are, though.
We could attribute the RPG game—Elden Ring’s success to the amount of work FromSoftware put into it to rival Dark Souls. The game is an open-world role-play adventure that takes place in the Lands Between. This fictional setting is characterized by wars and chaos.
Summons are your best bet to swing the tide of battle in Elden Ring. By calling on the spirits of powerful warriors and creatures, you inflict statuses, deal damage, and distract the attention of even the most vigorous opponents.
The summon spirits feature isn’t available from the start. Instead, you must get past the introductory quests and meet Melina, your guide to get this ability.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Why Can’t I Summon a Friend in Elden Ring?
- 2 Why Won’t My Elden Ring Summons Work?
- 3 How Do I Get My Elden Ring Summons to Work?
- 4 Elden Ring Can’t Summon Spirits in Boss Fight
- 5 Elden Ring Can’t Summon Wolves
- 6 Elden Ring Why Can’t I Summon Ashes
- 7 Elden Ring Can’t Summon Cooperator
- 8 Elden Ring Can’t Summon Jellyfish
- 9 Why Can’t I Summon in Elden Ring? FAQs
- 10 Conclusion
- You must have the Spirit Calling Bell to summon spirits in Elden Ring.
- To summon in Elden Ring, you must meet all the requisite circumstances.
This article looks into all failed summon errors in Elden Ring and how to fix them.
Why Can’t I Summon a Friend in Elden Ring?
Have you found it challenging to summon a friend in Elden Ring? Don’t worry; we all faced that challenge at one point or another.
Here are some common issues you might have missed when you tried to summon your friends.
It may be a weak internet connection, or you need to use the correct configuration to play in multiplayer.
To resolve this, you will need to:
- Ensure you have a stable internet connection.
- Access the games’ Network settings.
- Ensure Cross-Region Play is at Perform Matchmaking.
- Enable Send Summon Sign
- Scroll to Launch Setting and make sure you are in Play Online mode.
- Accept the Data User Agreement.
Have you keyed in your friend’s password correctly? To summon friends, you will need to have a common multiplayer password. A multiplayer password will help you search for and summon friends, and you can easily play with them.
To get the multiplayer password, you need to:
- Access the multiplayer menu.
- Select Y or the triangle button to view your multiplayer password.
- Share the password with your friends as they will need to put in the password
Has Player Count Exceeded the Limit?
Elden Ring only allows a maximum of 4 friends to play together. Ensure you have summoned only three friends to join your quest.
Related: Best Summons Elden Ring
Why Won’t My Elden Ring Summons Work?
Some common issues that hinder you from summoning in Elden Ring include the following:
Try resetting your routers if necessary. If your network connectivity is okay, you can confirm if Elden Ring server status has any reported issues.
Are you in a boss arena, and have you already defeated the boss? If yes, the game rules indicate you cannot summon a friend in that area.
Always check the in-game restrictions to have seamless summoning in the game.
Elden Ring allows summons to happen at a 30-meter range.
Before summoning, confirm if you are in a summoning distance range.
Summon Sign Not Appearing
Try moving to a different location or restarting the game. Also, ensure your area allows summoning and that your friend has yet to be summoned by someone else. When other players use the Tarnished’s Furled Finger item to post summon signs in your world, you can find them with a Furcalling Finger Remedy.
Ensure you are using the same matchmaking settings with your friend. It includes ensuring the following:
- You are using a common password with your friend.
- Ensure you have stayed within the number of friends per playing session, which is 4.
- Confirm if Elden Ring servers are good and not undergoing maintenance.
How Do I Get My Elden Ring Summons to Work?
Have you tried doing summons in Elden Ring, and they did not work? Worry no more! Follow this step-by-step guide that will help you troubleshoot issues on Elden Ring.
Step 1: Have You Met The Summoning Requirements?
Do you have the right summoning items? Are you and your friend using the same password? These are some of the requirements you should always ensure you have done correctly.
Referring to the in-game help is essential to ensure you meet all the requirements before attempting summons in Elden Ring.
Step 2: Are You in a Summoning Range?
Are you in a thirty-meter range when summoning? If not, your summon won’t work.
It’s also essential to ensure you are not in an area where summoning is restricted. It might be in a boss arena or in an area where you have defeated the boss.
Step 3: Is the Summon Sign Visible?
First, you must check if your friend is already summoned. If they are still available for summoning, try moving to a different location or restarting the game.
It’s also essential to be in areas where summoning is unrestricted.
Step 4: Matchmaking Settings
Are you using common matchmaking settings? If not, your password and region-matching settings should be common.
If you are not using the same settings, you won’t connect with other players in the game.
Step 5: Restart Your Console
If all checks are confirmed, and it still doesn’t work, try restarting your console. It might automatically solve your issues.
Do you want to get the best summoning experience? Follow these tips:
- You should go to areas with high summoning traffic, such as near boss arenas or popular co-op locations.
- You will easily coordinate with your friends using third-party chat programs or in-game communication tools.
- If you’re having difficulty summoning a specific friend, try summoning someone else to ensure the system works properly.
- Stay patient and persistent. Summoning in Elden Ring can be unpredictable, so keep going if it takes several attempts to summon a friend successfully.
Elden Ring Can’t Summon Spirits in Boss Fight
If you have trouble summoning spirit ashes, here’s what you need to look out for and the necessary troubleshooting tips:
#1: Can You Spot the White Gravestone Icon?
You can only summon spirits in areas with the white gravestone icon. You’ll find it in all boss rooms except in the Radahn battle, which has its own summons. Also, the icon appears in the open world in areas with challenging bosses like Tibia Mariner or dragons.
#2: Do You Have the Spirit Ashes Equipped?
Ensure that you have Spirit Ashes equipped if you already have the gravestone icon. Collect the Spirit Calling Bell from Ranni, to summon ashes you have. Still, there are other ways to get more, like buying them, killing bosses, or clearing dungeons.
#3: Do You Have Sufficient FP?
All spirit ashes except one require FP. Thus, if you’ve met all requirements and there’s a line through your ashes, they may be insufficient. Fortunately, there’s a lot you can do to increase your FP. In the case of Mimic Tear Ashes, you need 660HP.
#4: Are You in a Co-Op Multiplayer?
When you go to the aid of other players or have a friend’s character joining your game, then you lose the ability to summon. It happens because you already have a summon assisting you in dealing with a difficult boss fight.
Elden Ring Can’t Summon Wolves
Summoning wolves in Elden Ring may not be possible in all situations or areas of the game. For instance, to summon wolves, you must follow a path that will lead you to the forest, where you’ll find the wolves.
Why Can’t I Summon Wolves?
- You may not be close to the Rebirth Monument, but you will always see an icon on your screen when near the Monument.
- You might be in Multiplayer mode. You cannot summon Wolves in multiplayer mode.
- You might not have the calling bell when trying to summon the wolf’s spirit.
- Do you have enough FP to summon wolves? You must have enough FP to summon wolves.
If you still can’t summon wolves, here are a few tips:
- You can get close to an enemy location and quickly summon a wolf spirit.
- Access your menu and choose the item in the pouch to help you summon the wolves.
Elden Ring Why Can’t I Summon Ashes
Have you already summoned Spirit Ashes before? If yes, then you cannot summon one again. Elden Ring has a rule that you can only summon Spirit Ashes per battle. You might be wondering what this means.
For instance, if you already summoned a Spirit Ash during a boss fight, you cannot summon another one, even if the first one has died. Therefore, you must choose your summons wisely when fighting the game’s most challenging bosses.
If you want to summon some spirits using ashes in Elden Ring, here’s what you need to do:
- First off, get yourself the Spirit Calling Bell by talking to Renna the Witch at the Church of Elleh Grace checkpoint.
- Next, keep an eye out for Rebirth Monuments as you explore the game world. You’ll usually find them in boss arenas and other important areas.
- When you find a Rebirth Monument, use the Spirit Calling Bell and select the spirit ashes nearby to summon a spirit. Easy, right?
- Just remember that you can only summon spirits once per Rebirth Monument until you rest at a Site of Grace.
- To actually summon a spirit, go to your inventory and select the spirit ashes. Then, hit the ‘Use’ button and watch the magic happen.
Elden Ring Can’t Summon Cooperator
Have you previously fought a boss in Elden Ring? Have you interacted with or heard of Cooperator? They are NPCs available in the game. When fighting bosses, you can summon them using gold summon signs located near boss fights.
Why Can’t I Summon Cooperator?
If you’re having trouble getting an NPC summon to appear in Elden Ring, it can definitely be frustrating. The good news is that there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue. So let’s check out the possible causes:
You’ve Not Met the Requirements
First, it’s important to remember that NPC summons are usually tied to specific character quest lines. This means their availability may depend on your progress in those quests.
So, if you’re not seeing an NPC summon when you expect to, it’s possible that you haven’t met the necessary requirements to trigger their appearance.
To fix this issue, I recommend checking if you have completed all the objectives related to that character’s quest line. For example, you might need to defeat a specific boss, find a certain item, or reach a certain point in the game’s story. If you haven’t completed these requirements, the NPC summon may not appear.
Bugs in the Game
If you’ve completed all the necessary requirements and the NPC summon still isn’t appearing, it’s possible that there could be a bug or glitch causing the issue. In this case, you might want to try restarting the game or reloading a previous save file to see if that resolves the issue.
Elden Ring Can’t Summon Jellyfish
You might have trouble summoning Jellyfish if:
- You do not have enough FP—You need 30 FPs.
- You don’t have the spirit-calling bell.
- Your Jellyfish is dead. You only have the chance to summon one Jellyfish at a time in Elden Ring.
- You are not in a boss fight or a location that allows summoning.
To summon a Jellyfish, you need to talk to Roderika several times, so she can give you the spirit ash of the Jellyfish.
Here’s a tip:
You will find Roderika inside the broken Stormhill Shack.
Why Can’t I Summon in Elden Ring? FAQs
Q: Why is It That in Elden Ring I Can’t Summon Friend With Password?
A: In Elden Ring you can’t summon a friend with a password because maybe they’ve input the wrong password.
Q: Why Can’t I Summon a Cooperator in Elden Ring on PS5?
A: You are unable to summon a cooperator in Elden Ring on your PS5 because there could be a connectivity issue. Thus, confirm your internet connection and server status.
Q: What Triggers Ranni to Spawn?
A: One of the ways to get Ranni to spawn at Church of Elleh is to purchase the spirit bell at the twin husks. You can then rest and fast travel to the Grace at the Church of Elleh, where she then seems to appear.
Elden Ring has lots of features to help you deal with challenging battles with bosses. Players can summon their friends or spirits into their worlds for co-op in the Lands Between. Thus, summons, whether for co-op or spirits, offer the best winning strategy since going at it alone isn’t feasible.
I hope you can now summon in Elden Ring without much of a problem.