All your friends are obsessed with Elden Ring. But what is it? Elden Ring is an RPG (role-playing game) dark fantasy game from the popular Bloodborne and Dark Souls creators, FromSoftware, and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment.
One of the best ways to dive into FromSoftware’s role-playing games is by playing cooperatively with other players. As you would do in Dark Souls, players can summon each other into their worlds for some cooperation in the Lands Between.
You can summon friends on Elden Ring by activating the effigy that uses your Small Golden Effigy. You then send your summon sign to the pool—it’ll appear near a summoning pool you’ve just activated. Thus, it makes the new feature a reliable and quick way to enter the multiplayer mode with any of your friends.
Table Of Contents
- 1 How to Get Summoned in Elden Ring
- 2 Elden Ring Summoning Pool
- 3 How to Use Summoning Pool in Elden Ring
- 4 Elden Ring Summoning Pool Locations
- 5 Elden Ring: How to Summon 2 Players
- 6 Can’t Summon Friend in Elden Ring
- 7 Elden Ring Friend Can’t See Summon Sign
- 8 How to Summon Friends on Elden Ring: FAQs
- 9 Conclusion
- 10 References:
- To summon friends, you must use a Furlcalling Finger Remedy Consumable.
- Summoning friends in Elden Ring is the best winning strategy that helps you beat the most challenging bosses.
- The restriction on summoning friends in Elden Ring is that on defeating a boss the summon will return to their world.
This guide helps you with everything you need to know about playing co-op and summoning, including how to summon other players and use password matchmaking to play with friends. Also, you’ll learn how to use summon pools and how to leave your summon sign.
How to Get Summoned in Elden Ring
Summoning friends in Elden Ring isn’t complicated; you can do it anywhere in the Lands Between. To summon friends into your world for co-op, you must use a Furlcalling Finger Remedy consumable. Using it reveals summon signs close to you, allowing you to use the interact button as you stand over a summon sign, summoning the player that created it.
To invite friends to play multiplayer in Elden Ring, create a password in the menu’s multiplayer section.
Reach out to the friends you wish to play with, and let all of them enter the same password on the screen above. After that, you should be able to identify your friend’s sign and bring them into your game.
Keep in mind that you and the player you’re trying to play with must be in the same place.
If you wish to join your friend’s multiplayer game, you should use a permanent item given to you towards the start of the game: Tarnished’s Furled Finger. It allows you to leave a golden sign that another player interacts with. Consequently, you’ll get pulled through to play in your friend’s game world when they interact with it.
Only your friend can see your sign and admit you to their world if there are passwords with the appropriate settings.
Requirements for Being Summoned
Before the game begins in the online multiplayer feature, you should have the following:
- Tarnished’s Furled Finger: It allows other players to summon you into their world.
- Small Golden Effigy: This item lets you send to the summoning pool a summon sign for other players to summon you to their world.
- Furlcalling Finger Remedy: Reveals the cooperative and PvP multiplayer signs. If you see a red summoning sign, it means it’s from invading players. If you notice a gold sign, it’s for co-op.
- Finger Severer: kick players away from your world. Alternatively, if you’ve joined another player’s world, you can use it to return to your world.
Once you have the above, you can join another player’s world or summon your friends. You can use the Tarnished’s Furled Finger to place a sign for other players to spot.
Also, you don’t need to worry about getting all the above items; you only need a few as a regular multiplayer.
Elden Ring has two multiplayer modes:
- PvP: The players invade another player world, but they have to be in a co-op game.
- PvE: Here, you fight alongside up to two friends, which allows them to race to your side to help you demolish a boss you’ve had a challenge getting past.
Benefits of Being Summoned in Elden Ring
- It helps the other player eliminate the Bloody Finger invader.
- The summoned player gets the rune reward.
- Summoning other players means making the bosses much stronger. They have more health.
Related: Best Summons Elden Ring
Elden Ring Summoning Pool
The summoning pool allows you to summon other players on a similar gear level.
Moreover, the Elden Ring summoning pool allows you to summon powerful allies to help you in battle, which gives you an advantage. Also, depending on the host level, the summons can have reduced stats to keep the experience balanced.
The statues found in the Lands Between are among the unique features of the summoning pool. You’ll find them outside boss areas and dungeons; you must activate them before using them.
How to Use Summoning Pool in Elden Ring
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use the summoning pool to summon friends in Elden Ring:
- Players must interact with small, grey effigies to activate a summoning pool.
- Once activated, summoning other Tarnished is available.
- Players summon random strangers or invite up to three friends when they have an active summoning pool. The red signs summon an enemy player to fight to the death, and a gold sign summons a co-op player.
- Players should always activate summoning pools even when they have no interest in co-op or are offline. That is because NPC summons only show when a summoning pool gets activated in that area.
There are some limitations to using the summoning pool, such as:
- There are locations where you can’t summon when you’ve already defeated the boss.
- While playing co-op, you can’t use your spectral steed in the open world.
Related: Why Can’t I Summon in Elden Ring
Elden Ring Summoning Pool Locations
Related: Legendary Talismans Elden Ring
Summoning pools are found close to boss areas. In these areas, you’re likely to find martyr effigies. These effigies activate the summoning pools.
Thus, it’s easier to summon other players at these locations because hostile and co-op summoning signs made with small effigies meet at summoning pools.
Martyr effigies represent geographical areas in Elden Ring where you’ll find summoning pools. You’ll find them near:
- Sites of grace
- Legacy dungeons
The condition to accessing the summoning pools is using the Small Golden Effigy to send a summon sign to the pool. To ensure that only your friends get summoned, use the Multiplayer Passwords.
Related: Еlden Ring: How to Summon Spirits?
Elden Ring: How to Summon 2 Players
Use the Furlcalling Finger Remedy consumable to summon two players into your world for co-op play. It reveals closeby summon signs, which allow you to summon the players using the interact button.
The crucial tip to summoning players into your world is to note that areas such as the Roundtable Hold Hub don’t allow summoning. However, co-op multiplayer works well in Elden Ring’s open-world areas.
Summoning players into your co-op play world makes Elden Ring’s boss fights and enemies easier to overcome.
The condition to note when summoning players is you can’t use your torrent or mount when other players are in your world. Also, you can neither enter nor exit dungeons during multiplayer sessions.
Can’t Summon Friend in Elden Ring
A common challenge a player may encounter when trying to summon friends in Elden Ring is the “Elden Ring Unable to Summon Cooperator” error. This error could result from the following:
- Server issues
- Corrupted game files
- DNS issues
- Unnecessary applications in the background
- Improper in-game network settings
Trouble-shooting tips include the following:
- Checking internet connection
- Reinstall Elden Ring
- Update Elden Ring
- Setting up Game Network Settings
- Checking and repairing game files
- Restarting Elden Ring
- Checking the Elden Ring server status
The limitation to summoning friends in Elden Ring is the segmentation of co-op. It means you can summon friends to fight a dungeon boss or for an adventure in the open world, but not both in one session.
Elden Ring Friend Can’t See Summon Sign
Many players experience this challenge because maybe they have slow internet or their computers can’t connect to Bandai Namco’s server. Whichever the problem, here’s how you can remedy the situation:
- Check internet connection
- Connect friends using an online ID
- Use the Furlcalling Finger Remedy
- Run the Easy Anti-Cheat App
That said, remember that one of the critical restrictions on summoning signs in Elden Ring is that you can’t summon in an area where you’ve already defeated the boss. Again, you can’t use your spectral steed when playing co-op.
How to Summon Friends on Elden Ring: FAQs
A: Elden Ring has more than 200 bosses, ranging from simple adversaries to monstrous beasts that demand hours in battle.
Q: What is the Hardest Boss in Elden Ring?
A: The hardest boss in Elden Ring is boss Malenia, accounting for 329 million attempts, 5.5% of all in-game boss fights initiated by the players to date.
Q: How Long Does It Take to Beat Elden Ring?
A: It takes about 56 hours to beat Elden Ring. As a gamer striving to see all the game’s aspects, you’ll likely take 133 hours to achieve 100% completion.
Q: What is the Furlcalling Finger Remedy?
A: The Furlcalling Finger Remedy is a Consumable in Elden Ring. When a player is gaming online, this item allows the player to refresh the area, thus allowing them to spot multiplayer summon signs.
The Elden Ring is a high-quality action RPG with excellent graphics. Playing cooperatively with other players is the best way to dive into this game, and players can summon other players into their worlds for cooperation in the Lands Between.
Summoning remains one of the best winning strategies since going at it alone is too challenging. Thus, summoning friends who help you explore the Lands Between and defeat roaming enemies is essential. In addition, summoning friends enables you to build a team to take down dungeon bosses.
Trying summoning friends in the game is vital as you explore the different Elden Ring winning strategies and tactics available.