Pairing Afteshokz headphones is not complicated, and it’s pretty simple with the proper steps. You can easily pair Aftershokz with different devices and new devices.
You start by powering off your headphones; then, you hold the volume + button until the LED indicator flashes red and blue to enter pairing mode. Step two pair with a Bluetooth device, and you’re now connected.
With a quick and straightforward pairing, you enjoy open-ear bone conduction and a faster listening experience. Aftershokz pairs with most Bluetooth devices using Bluetooth 3.1 or higher. It also pairs with iPhones, iPad, computers, TVs, and androids.
Let’s see more about pairing Aftershokz with other devices you might have.
How to Pair Aftershokz With iPhone?
Table Of Contents
There are a few ways to connect Aftershokz to your iPhone. One is enabling Bluetooth, the second is being within a 30 feet distance, and the last one is making sure your iPhone is in silent mode.
Let’s look at how you can pair Aftershokz with iPhone.
- First, start by turning off your Aftershokz using the power button.
- Then enter pairing mode by pressing the volume + button for about 5-7 seconds.
- Audrey says, “welcome to Aftershokz.” Then, hold the power button until the LED light flashes red and blue.
- Next, open the settings menu, go to Bluetooth settings, and select headphones.
- Audrey says, “connected” your Aftershokz are now connected.
Iphones work with Aftershokz headphones, but there is a possibility of hearing some echo from time to time. But you can’t compare this to the quality of music you’ll listen to from your iPhones.
How to Pair Aftershokz Openmove?
Aftershokz openmove is a type of wireless bone conduction headphone that you need to understand how to make the best of. Here are the significant steps for pairing.
- Charge your Aftershokz openmove headphones. Use the USB-C included charging cable. The LED indicator is supposed to change from red to blue once charging is complete.
- Pair Aftershokz openmove to your device. The first step to pairing is switching off the Aftershokz. Enter the pairing mode. You press and hold the + volume button until a notification from Audrey says ‘pairing,’ and the LED indicator flashes both blue and red. This will take almost 10 seconds.
- Connect your device. Open Bluetooth, and on the menu, select “openmove by Aftershokz” from your options. Audrey will announce ‘connected,’ and the LED indicator will flash once establishing a complete connection.
How to Pair Aftershokz to Computer?
Steps to pair a computer using Windows 10:
- Turn on Aftershokz by holding and pressing the volume plus button for around 10 seconds, putting them in pairing mode.
- Open settings, tap on Bluetooth and devices, then turn Bluetooth on.
- Tap on add devices.
- Choose Bluetooth, and your system should automatically search for Bluetooth devices near.
- Once your Aftershokz headphones appear, select pairing to begin.
The trick is connecting Aftershokz directly to your computer through an optical cable, and turning the volume down on your computer while wearing the headphones, so you don’t hear any background noise.
If you’re using a laptop, you can use a few ways;
- One is to include a cable that allows audio from your laptop directly into your Aftershokz headphones.
- Also, some laptops have external ports that allow you to plug in headphones wirelessly.
- Laptops have Bluetooth connection features that send music directly from another device to your headphones.
How to Pair Aftershokz with Multiple Devices?
Pairing Aftershokz to multiple devices means that you connect two or more devices at the same time. This, though, doesn’t mean that you’ll listen to audio on devices at the same time but instead means you can transition between different devices. Here is how you pair Aftershokz to multiple devices:
- The first step is to start with headphones turned off.
- Go to pairing mode by pressing the + volume button for about 5-7 seconds until you see the LED light flashing red and blue.
- Press and hold the multifunction button and + volume button for 2 or 3 seconds. Audrey will announce, ‘ multipoint enabled.’
- Pair your first device, and Audrey will say, ‘connected.’
- Turn off your Aftershokz headphones.
- Re-enter pairing mode and press while holding the + volume button for around 5 or 7 seconds until the LED light flashes red and blue.
- Pair your second device. Audrey will say, “device two connected.”
- Turn off your Aftershokz headphones.
You now have your Aftershokz connected to the multiple devices of your choice.
How to Connect Aftershokz to Android?
Here are the steps to pair Aftershokz headphones to android.
- Switch Aftershokz headphones on to enable pairing mode.
- On Android, navigate through the settings menu.
- Find Bluetooth settings and turn Bluetooth on.
- When you turn on Bluetooth, you’ll see a list of devices connected before. If there is no Aftershokz on the list, search for new devices.
- The phone starts to search for Aftershokz and then lists them once it sees them.
- Once the name is in the list, click and select, then tap pair.
- Once pairing is done, there will be a notification on the android device and Aftershokz.
How to Air Aftershokz to TV?
It’s not tricky to pair Aftershokz to your TV; you only need to follow these simple steps.
The process is even more straightforward if your TV has a Bluetooth built-in function.
- The first step is to turn on the pairing mode of your Aftershokz, then turn on Bluetooth on your TV.
- Hold the + volume button on your Aftershokz until the LED indicator blinks red and blue. Audrey will then announce ‘pairing.’
- This confirms your Aftershokz is on and configured to pair with your TV.
How about a TV without a built-in Bluetooth feature? The possible way is by attaching a Bluetooth transmitter or an adapter to your TV.
What if your TV is smart? Here are the steps to follow to pair Aftershokz with a TV.
- Turn on Aftershokz headphones, then set them to pairing mode using the above steps.
- After turning on your smart TV, open the settings menu or device menu with the remote control.
- Search for settings for Bluetooth or connectivity.
- The TV will search for Bluetooth devices.
- After pairing, you can now use Aftershokz headphones with your TV.
How to Pair Aftershokz to IPAD?
Here are simple steps to follow to pair Aftershokz with an iPad.
- Turn on power on your Aftershokz, then put them on pairing mode.
- On your iPad, open the Bluetooth menu in the settings, switch it on and find new devices.
- After your headphones are connected, select them and tap on pair.
When there is a successful connection, pairing will complete, and you can use your Aftershokz with the iPad. Also, you may receive a notification on the Aftershokz once the connection is set.
Aftershokz Not Pairing
Aftershokz, not pairing can result from a few reasons: your Aftershokz or device is not turned on. Two, Bluetooth connection is not enabled. To fix this, you can restart your device and Aftershokz, and if they still don’t connect, check if there is a battery problem. You can try charging the batteries a bit, then try again.
Here are steps to reset your Aftershokz if they refuse to pair to your device.
- Remove Aftershokz headphones from the Bluetooth list of your device. Remove your Aftershokz from both devices if paired to multiple devices.
- Turn on pairing mode by pressing and holding on the volume + for about 5-7 seconds.
- After confirmation of pairing mode, press the multifunction button, volume + and volume – together for 3 to 5 seconds.
- Your headphones will beep, and then a tiny vibration.
- Turn off your headphones, and this will complete the reset process.
The above steps should allow you to reconnect and listen to music as usual.
Aftershokz is built to give the best audio quality, reliable performance, and outstanding durability using the bone conduction technique. Because they are okay with most music players, even taking phone calls won’t be a problem.
This article is supposed to simplify your process of pairing Aftershokz to devices.
With the insight in this article, you will surely enjoy the best headphones performance from your pairing. For more help with pairing Aftershokz, please visit their official website.