Keurig Dr. Pepper is a leading coffee and beverage company that operates in North America. Among other specialties, the company markets the #1 single-serve coffee brewing system in the United States of America.
Keurig being a popular brand has a reputation for its coffee makers, some of which may come with extra features such as milk frothing. Two of their top-notch coffee makers that have most of their customers satisfied are Keurig K50 and Keurig K55. The two have some very similar features such that you may end up not telling them apart.
Nobody would blame you for looking for help to differentiate these two. And we can promise you, we Gotcha. We will give you all the minor and major differences between the two so that if you are lost on which one to purchase, you will have an easy time deciding by the end of the article.
Quick Comparison Table & Our Pick!
This as you would expect from us is an EPIC post so grab a coffee before you start and see how we cut through every product and review it with precision. IF YOU ARE SHORT ON TIME and just need to know the results of our reviews , CHECK THE RESULTS TABLE BELOW!
$$$ + 20% more
6 oz, 8 oz, and 10 oz
6 oz, 8 oz, and 10 oz
Strong Brew Option
Compatible with Keurig Water Filter
Compatible with K Cups?
13 x 9.8 x 13.3
13.3 x 9.8 x 13
Similarities: Keurig K50 and Keurig K55
Nowadays, customers want a product that is easy to activate as they do not have the time to spend reading manuals or watching YouTube videos. If your product does not have an easy installation process, then users may move on to the next. One similarity between these two coffee makers is their ease of installation. Installing and activating them is an intuitive process where you do not stand a chance of messing up.
Keurig K50 and Keurig K55 have a sleek and elegant design, and they both blend well with other items in your house, which makes them a great addition to your kitchen.
Another similarity between the two is in their functionality and features. For instance, both coffee makers brew 6 oz, 8 oz, and 10 oz sizes. Additionally, they both come with an auto-off function, water reservoir, button controls, indicator lights, and they both brew coffee in under one minute.
Nothing beats the two coffee makers when it comes to convenience, as you can brew your coffee within a minute by just pressing a button. You just need to have your K-cup ready, and your water reservoir clean and full of water, and you are good to go.
Both brewers have no temperature control.
The two coffee brewers have the same dimensions in terms of size though their weight differs, and they are also user-friendly.
Confused on which one to purchase? Stick around for a detailed review to help make the decision easier.
The Duel: For The Best Keurig Coffee Maker!
With ~$79.99, you can get the Keurig K50 coffee brewer.
How a product looks forms part of the reason why people decide to buy it or not. Customers are not only looking for the functionality of a product but also its aesthetic value and how it blends with other household items.
In this aspect, Keurig K50 is a valuable addition to your kitchen as it blends well with the surroundings, and it has a sleek and elegant look in its black color.
The item measures 9.8 x 13.3 x 13 inches and weighs 7.6 pounds, which makes it compact and lightweight, enhancing its portability and ease of installation.
- Ease of installation is a significant selling point of the Keurig K50. When you buy the Keurig K50 coffee brewer, you just follow a few intuitive steps, and you are good to start using it. If any step proves a problem, you can refer to the user’s manual for guidance.
- Keurig K50 offers you variety when it comes to single-serve coffee pods, and the best thing is that you are not restricted to Keurig pods as you can use pods from other brands.
- Apart from brewing coffee, you can use the K50 to make hot cocoa, tea, iced beverages, and so on, so that your friends who may not be coffee lover can be sorted.
- For purposes of controlling the machine, the coffee maker comes with a button-control panel that is super easy to use.
- It has a removable drip tray, which makes it easy to clean and maintain the machine. You only need to remove the drip tray and the reservoir regularly and clean them, and you can even use cleaning chemicals before cleaning with water.
- The reservoir is large enough to hold mugs underneath and brew up to 6 cups before needing a refill.
- Keurig K50 holds a record brewing time of one minute for heating and brewing, which makes it handy for an early morning coffee before going to work.
- Additionally, the coffee brewer can brew 6 oz, 8 oz, and 10 oz sizes.
- What if you left the house in a hurry and you remember you didn’t turn off the machine? Do not fret. Keurig K50 coffee brewer comes with an auto-off feature that turns the machine off after 30 seconds of inactivity. Also, the coffee brewer features indicator lights that help you in its operation.
- Allows for the use of pods from other brands which enhance its versatility
- There’s an auto-off feature in case you forget to shut it off
- Brews in just a minute
- Large capacity reservoir
- Sleek design
- Ease of installation
- It is available in only one color which denies you the option of choosing your favorite
- It is a little noisier as compared to Keurig K55
Keurig K55, also known as Keurig classic, is available for ~$99.96.
The model is an improvement of its predecessor Keurig K55, and therefore it comes with a few upgrades on design. For instance, unlike its predecessor, which was only available in black, Keurig K55 is available in a variety of colors, including black, coconut white, and patriot blue, so that you can choose your favorite.
It measures 9.8 x 13 x 13.3 inches and weighs 11.9 pounds, which is heavier than its predecessor but still portable and easy to install.
- Keurig K55 has an intuitive installation process just like K50, which you do not need to follow YouTube videos and user manuals to hack. With some few easy to follow steps, the machine will be up and running, and you are free to start enjoying your coffee.
- The coffee maker comes with 4 k-cup pods, a water filter handle, and two water filters that ensure your beverages have a taste out of this world.
- K55 is your coffee maker of choice if you want to save time and make things easy for yourself in the morning before leaving for work. The coffee maker features a large 48 oz water reservoir that allows you to brew up to six cups before requiring a refill. You can also easily remove the water reservoir by yourself if you need to refill it.
- From time to time, your K55 coffee maker should undergo the process of descaling. This is a process of removing scales, or the calcium deposits that may have build up inside the coffee maker over a certain period of use.
- Getting the K55 gives you access to a coffee brewer that can brew multiple pod sizes, including 6 oz, 8 oz, and 10 oz.
- To save on time, the company promises that the Keurig K55 coffee maker will brew your coffee in one minute, which makes it suitable for use when you are rushing to the office and other emergency assignments.
- Just like its predecessor Keurig K50, the K55 allows you to use pods from other brands without any restriction, which adds to its versatility.
- What’s more? If you have friends and family members who do not take coffee, Keurig K55 got you covered as you can also use it to make tea and other iced beverage.
- Customers look for a product that is user-friendly in terms of its operations. In that aspect, Keurig K55 passes well as it comes with button controls that are pretty simple to use. The buttons include a power button that you use to power the machine on and off.
- The machine comes with an auto-off feature that switches off the coffee maker after some seconds of inactivity.
- The model also comes with handy indicator lights, including the add water light that will flash when the water reservoir doesn't have enough water for the cup size that you select.
- There is also the maintenance reminder that notifies you via a flashing light when it is time for descaling your coffee maker.
- It is compatible with Keurig’s charcoal water filter.
- Maintenance reminder
- Large capacity water reservoir
- Available in a variety of colors
- Easy setup process
- Handy indicator lights
- Auto-off feature
- Easy to use buttons
- It is noisy
- It has no strength control
Differences: Keurig K50 and Keurig K55
- The most noticeable difference is that K50 is available in one color, while K55 comes in a variety of colors, which gives you the option of choosing your favorite.
- Although the company promises to make coffee in one minute, the actual use of the Keurig K50 proves that you need 30 seconds more for the coffee to pour. However, for K55, it actually makes coffee in a minute, just like the company promises.
- K55 is compatible with Keurig's charcoal water filter, while K50 is not.
- K55 is slightly taller than K50, coming at 13.3 inches in height against 13 inches for K50.
- K50 comes with a “Strong Brew” button that offers you a bolder cup of coffee. The button is not present in K55.
- Being a successor of the K50 and coming with a few improvements, K55 is more expensive than K50.
- K55 is compatible with k-cups while K50 is not.
It is a difficult task choosing one of Keurig's coffee makers over the other as they are almost identical. Keurig K55 performs better than its predecessor K50 in this comparison though they do not have a lot of differences. Although K55 is more expensive, it comes with some features that are not there in K50. For instance, it is compatible with k-cups, it supports Keurig's charcoal water filter, and it comes in a variety of colors so that you can choose your best. K55 also brews coffee in one minute just as advertised.
If you go for the cheaper K50, you will still get some useful features like the strong brew button, and so on.
Current Best Selling Keurig Models!
Last Updated On