If you are into DIY stuff, you probably enjoy doing house cleaning and sweeping manually. However, house cleaning can be tedious, boring, and time-consuming.
In the wake of the recent technological advancements, many manufacturers have come up with automated smart floor cleaners. But,the major question remains: How many of them can be trusted?
Among the many smart floor cleaners’ manufacturers, iRobot Company stands out for producing high-quality robotic vacuums and floor scrubbing robots. It has varieties of smart floor cleaners. In this article, we want to take a look at two of their products, i.e., iRobot Scooba 450 and Braava 380t. We will look at their features and compare them to see which one of these roomba take the cake.
Quick Comparison Table & Our Pick!
This as you would expect from us is an EPIC post so grab a coffee before you start and see how we cut through every product and review it with precision. IF YOU ARE SHORT ON TIME and just need to know the results of our reviews , CHECK THE RESULTS TABLE BELOW!
Robot Vacuum Price
Three Cycle Cleaning (Sweep, Soak & Scrub)
Two (Dry & Mop)
Yes (Advanced iAdapt)
Yes uses iAdapt Technology
Hardwood, Tiles, and Linoleum surfaces
Tiles, Stone & Hardwood Floors
14.4 x 14.4 x 3.6
9.6 x 8.5 x 3.1
Similarities between Scooba 450 and Braava 380t
- iRobot puts a lot of emphasis on the visual features of their products. This is because apart from functionality, users also look for products that are appealing and attractive. For that reason, iRobot has made its clients happy by producing the Scooba 450 and Braava 380t in a beautiful and appealing design.
- Another similarity is that the two products will work on a variety of floors. They come with features that make them ideal for cleaning carpets, concrete floors, and so on.
- Each of the robotic vacuums offers two cleaning cycles. This ensures that they do a thorough job when it comes to cleaning your house.
- Both of these products come with a one year warranty.
- The two cleaners have a straightforward setup process, and you will not need to hire a technician to do it for you. It will only require you to press some buttons, and you will be done with the installation in a few minutes.
- The two products also cover a considerable amount of ground with one single charge. The battery life on them is top notch
Now let's dive in and look at each product.
This product offers you three stages of Scooba cleaning. In stage one, the robotic vacuum starts to sweep the loose debris before dampening the floor. In the second stage, the scrubbing brush spins at high speed while the vacuum lifts the dirty water from the floor. Lastly, the robotic vacuum does the finishing, which leaves your house shining.
The product also features iAdapt navigation technology. iAdapt is an advanced system of sensors and software that allows for complete cleaning coverage. The technology optimizes the timing between recurrent passes on the floor, which maximizes the cleaning performance and removal of stuck messes.
The Scooba 450 also has a wall following technology that ensures it does its cleaning along the wall and edges. It will also make multiple passes on your floor to ensure that it does a thorough cleaning job.
Additionally, the robotic vacuum comes with cliff detection sensors that enable it to avoid stairs and other dangerous drop-off points that would damage it. It also has sensors that assist it in avoiding rugs and carpets.
In one cleaning cycle, the Scooba 450 guarantees you coverage of up to 27 square meters.
The light touch bumper system is another feature of the Scooba 450. This enables it to sense obstacles such as walls and furniture, which allows the gadget to clean up to the edges while minimizing the impact.
The device is easy to use, and you also fill and empty the tank effortlessly.
You can replace your mop and bucket for the $600 Scooba 450. The price may seem a bit expensive, but the product will help you handle stains, messes, and sticky spills with much ease.
You will also not require a professional to do the installation for you, which saves you further costs.
Note, the Scooba 450 was the winner of the Red Dot Award 2014 for the product design award for excellence and innovation.
Do we need to say more on the design?
If you insist, Scooba 450 has a compact and lightweight design that makes it easy to carry around your home and even upstairs.
The compact design also enhances its cleaning effectiveness as it can clean under the tables, sofas, TV stands, beds, and so on.
The Scooba’s design also adds a touch of elegance to your home. It measures 14.4 inches in depth, 3.6 inches in height, and weighs 8.29 lbs.
Among the multiple features of the Braava 380t is the anti-drop sensor. The feature allows the gadget to sense stairs and cliffs so that it does not fall off and get damaged.
The gadget also offers you a variety of cleaning modes. These include the dry sweep mode and the damp mop mode.
Braava 380t comes with a rechargeable battery that lasts for hours while fully charged. If the battery runs low while the robotic vacuum is cleaning, then it automatically docks at its dock station to recharge. You can also decide to purchase a turbocharge cradle that charges the device in about two hours.
Unlike the Scooba 450 that uses the iAdapt technology, the Braava 380t uses the Northstar Navigation system. This system comes with a stand-alone battery cube. The technology enables the gadget to know its location in every room and help it to automatically create a map that will ensure it has an efficient cleaning map.
In one single cleaning, the Braava 380t can clean 1,000 square feet when used in dry mode and around 350 sq feet in wet mode. It also has a silent mode, which makes it possible to work while you are watching TV or reading a novel without noise disruptions.
The iRobot Braava 380t goes for ~ $299.99 at the time of writing.
The gadget comes in a two-tier shape that makes it sleek and appealing. It measures 9.6 x 8.5 x 3.1 inches, and it weighs 4 pounds. The compact size makes it ideal for cleaning under the sofas, beds, and so on.
It comes with a matte black plastic along the sides, and it has an overall shiny black plastic construction, which makes it a beautiful piece.
On top of the device, you will get three buttons. That is the power, mob, and sweep buttons, and there are also indicator lights. On the back, there is a handle that allows you to pick up the gadget and carry it around the house with much ease. It also comes with a rubber bumper that helps reduce impact, thereby preventing damage.
Starting to use the smart cleaner requires a few steps. The first thing is to charge it. Plug it in and charge until there is a solid blue light on the power button. It will take approximately four hours to get fully charged. That is enough charge to take you through four hours of sweeping or two and a half hours of mopping.
You should use the cleaning pad and microfiber cloth for mopping.
Differences between Scooba 450 Vs. Braava 380t
- The Scooba 450 is round in shape while the Braava 380t is rectangular. The Braava is also smaller and lighter than the Scooba 450. The compact size of the Braava is more advantageous as it allows it to access corners, edges, and tight spaces with much ease.
- The Scooba 450 uses a three-stage cleaning system. It first sweeps the loose debris, and then it pours water or washing solution while the scrubbing brush spins to remove the grime. The squeegee then suctions the dirty water off the floor. On the other hand, the Braava 380t cleans by using a damp cloth to mop the floor.
- With the two devices fully charged, the Scooba 450 can cover up to 300 square feet while the Braava 380t can cover up to 1,000 feet when dry mopping and 350 square feet while wet mopping.
- The Scooba 450 uses the iAdapt navigation technology while the Braava 380t uses the Northstar Navigation System that allows it to create a map for its cleaning route.
- Is iRobot Scooba discontinued? No, its very much in the market at the time of first publishing of this article
- What is the best robot mop? Please see our comprehensive article on best robot mops
- How do you use the iRobot Scooba? iRobot Scooba is a combination robot vacuum in that its efficient cleaning technology vacuums comprehensively before the specially designed mop adds that photo finish!
- Are Mops And Robot Vacuums The same? No, Robot Mops usually have a vacuum functionality but robot vacuum just brush and sweep the floor without any scrubbing function
- What is a Scooba floor cleaner? Please see the FAQ above
Both the Scooba 450 and the Braava 380t offer you impressive features when it comes to cleaning your house. The Scooba 450 does a better job with its 3-stage cleaning system that guarantees you optimum cleanliness. With its mopping mode of cleaning, the Braava 380t may not do a thorough job, especially with the stuck messes.
However, the Braava 380t is the most affordable of the two devices.
Other Current Best Selling Vacuum Mops!
Originally posted 2019-12-05 22:48:53.