Do you know that 20% of floor cleaners are smart robotic vacuums?
When the smart floor cleaners first came in the market, there wasn't much hype about them. But with the advancement in their technology, people are now fast embracing them and saying adieu to their mop and bucket.
Among the many smart floor cleaners in the market are the bObsweep PetHair and the Roomba 960. Being in the same segment and vying for the attention of a similar audience, the two products have some fundamental similarities. They also have outstanding features that make them stand out from the rest.
But how do the two products differ from each other? In this article, we will make a detailed comparison of the two products for you so that you can tell them apart and hopefully aid you to make an informed decision.
Quick Comparison Table & Our Pick!
This as you would expect from us is an EPIC post so grab a coffee before you start and see how we cut through every product and review it with precision. IF YOU ARE SHORT ON TIME and just need to know the results of our reviews , CHECK THE RESULTS TABLE BELOW!
13.8 x 13.8 x 3.9
Similarities between bObsweep PetHair and Roomba 960
- Each of the two vacuums come with a side brush that assists you in cleaning the edges.
- The two products come with a lithium-ion battery. The battery guarantees you a long working life when it is fully charged. It is also fast to recharge it.
- Both the bObsweep PetHair and the Roomba 960 have a compact design, and they are lightweight. It is quite light, and this allows you to carry the product around your house and even carry it upstairs. The small size allows the gadget to clean the edges and tight spaces like under the sofa and beds.
- Another similarity between Roomba 960 and bObsweep PetHair is that you can create a cleaning schedule. You can also edit the schedule or delete it.
- The Roomba 960 and bObsweep PetHair also come with multiple sensors. These include the dirt detectors that sense the dirtier areas and obstacle sensors that help the devices to avoid collisions with things in your room. They also have the drop off sensors that detect stairs, cliffs, and other dangerous areas so that the device won't fall off and get damaged.
- As the two devices start working in your house, they are going to map it. This will guarantee you faster and more thorough cleaning.
- When you purchase either of the models, you will get a one year warranty.
- Both cleaners clean in a sporadic pattern
- Both products have a full bin indicator
Let us now look into what each of the products has to offer.
The bObsweep PetHair robotic vacuum will cost you $$$.
Most of the robotic vacuums are costly to buy. But they will get so much work off your shoulder.
Additionally, the robotic vacuum will only cost you an upfront payment with no hidden subscription charges for re-mapping and maintenance. After that initial outlay, you won't pay a dime to enjoy the advanced features that it offers. It also has a straightforward setup process that you can carry out on your own without a need for a techy handyman. Therefore, it saves you the cost of having to get a professional to do the installation for you.
The device measures 13.8 x 13.8 x 3.9 inches, and it weighs 7.7 pounds. The size makes it highly portable and increases its efficiency as it can go up to the tight corners like under the sofas.
The bObsweep PetHair comes in two colours, i.e., Champagne and Rouge.
This cleaner has an aesthetic body construction that is shiny and attractive. The beauty resonates well with the buyers because they look for both functionality and visual appeal in a product.
The smart floor cleaner comes with a few buttons on the surface. One unique thing about the bObsweep PetHair robotic vacuum is that unlike other smart floor cleaners, it comes with a screen. The screen will display things like battery life, capacity, cleaning time, and so on.
When the gadget is in cleaning mode, it has a cool blue light underneath that makes it more beautiful.
You only need to do a few things before you can start using the bObsweep PetHair robotic vacuum. First, you should fix the side brush that will help you clean the edges. The product comes with a screw and a screwdriver to help you fix the brush.
The company recommends that you should use one brush and keep the other as a spare. Once you fix the side brush, you should set up the robotic vacuum's charging station. Before you can use the device, you should make sure that you charge it fully.
bObsweep PetHair works when you want it to. Otherwise, you can program it to work at a specific date and time. You have the option of editing the schedule at any time and also delete it when you want to. Including a mopping robot with a robot vacuum usually comes with few technological headaches but b0bsweep has got that covered without any hiccups. This cleaners just glides through the floors on both of those functions
The bObsweep PetHair smart floor cleaner offers you three cleaning modes:
- The robot mode, which is used for thorough cleaning in which smart cleaner will navigate around the room by itself and clean every bit of the room.
- Quick clean mode where the smart floor cleaner will clean a medium-sized area, and it will go into standby mode after 30 minutes. This mode is ideal when you are in a hurry, and you want to do some quick cleaning.
- The touch mode that is almost similar to the quick mode. The difference comes in that the touch-up mode is even faster. The device automatically goes to standby mode after 15 minutes.
The other feature of the bObsweep PetHair is the automatic docking. When the device is working, and the battery runs low, the gadget automatically goes to its docking station where it recharges. This helps so that the device does not completely shut down and lose the cleaning schedule.
What's more interesting is that it has an automatic schedule feature. When you schedule the device, it will automatically start cleaning at the scheduled time. You program it by entering the date and time that it should work.
Also, it comes with high sensitivity sensors. These include obstacle sensors that prevent the device from bumping on to the furniture and other obstacles in the room. The dirt sensors detect the unclean areas so that the cleaner can concentrate on them and the cliff and drop off sensors that help the gadget to sense drop off areas so that it does not fall off.
Other features include remote control, On-Board Diagnostic Robotic (OBD-R), and visual navigation.
The iRobot Roomba 960 retails at
There are no further subscriptions associated with the product.
The device measures 13.8 x 13.8 x 3.6 inches and weighs 8.6 pounds. The compact design allows the machine to clean even the tight corners and spaces.
It is available in black colour.
One outstanding thing about the Roomba 960 is that you do not require any tools to set it up. You just need to unbox it, leave it to charge overnight, and you are good to go.
The smart floor cleaner comes with an inbuilt camera that helps it to navigate the house and clean the area more effectively.
What's more? It also features a virtual wall technology. The technology contains the device in one area, so you don't have to worry about it wandering into other rooms that you wouldn't want to clean.
Another feature of the Roomba 960 is the iAdapt 2.0 navigation. iAdapt is a system of sensors and software that allows the device to navigate itself around the house and clean the whole area.
Interestingly, the Roomba 960 comes with the 3 stage cleaning system. The 3 stage cleaning is a system that ensures complete cleaning of the area. The system starts with the side brush cleaning the edges and putting the dirt on the way of the vacuum so that it can be picked.
Then the device releases a washing solution, and the brush spins at high speed to remove the stuck messes. The suction finally sucks the dirty water leaving the floor sparkling clean.
There's also the iRobot home app that you can use to control it. It also has an auto-schedule feature that allows you to program the device to work on a specific day and time.
Auto-recharge and resume is a feature of the Roomba 960 that helps it not to shut down due to low battery. If it shuts down, then the scheduled cleaning pattern will be lost.
What puts the Roomba 960 ahead of the bObsweep PetHair is that it supports 2.4 GHz WiFi connection. It is possible to use the device without a WiFi connection. However, there are some advanced features that you will not enjoy. For example, you cannot remotely schedule the cleanings, you cannot customize the cleaning features, and you will not be in a position to receive the mapping reports from the device.
This is an ideal smart cleaner for a home with pets. It has filter traps that trap 99% of the cat and dog allergens.
The bObsweep PetHair and Roomba 960 are smart floor cleaners that offer you advanced features. The Roomba 960 stands out as it provides you with better performance with dynamic suction power, strong maintenance network and their very own proprietary three-stage cleaning system. It also has advanced features such as the iRobot HOME app and WiFi connectivity that will be a welcome feature for larger homes with smart features enabled.
Current Best Selling Models!
Originally posted 2019-12-05 11:55:20.
Last Updated On