As we all know, the primary purpose of a range hood is to ventilate your kitchen through the removal of unwanted odors, smells, steam and smoke in order to achieve desirable results. There are two types of range hoods which include the ducted and the ductless hoods. This article offers a precise review of different range hoods which use the ductless design to remove contaminated air from your kitchen.
Quick Comparison Table & Our Pick!
This as you would expect from us is an EPIC post so grab a coffee before you start and see how we cut through every product and review it with precision. IF YOU ARE SHORT ON TIME and just need to know the results of our reviews , CHECK THE RESULTS TABLE BELOW!
18.5 x 30 x 6
17.5 x 6 x 30
The Best Ductless RangeHoods In The Market For The Money!
Air King AD1308 Advantage Series Ductless Range Hood 30-Inch Wide - Stainless Steel-2PK
Air King is a reputable and a top rated company which have been manufacturing ventilation products for the last 40 years. The company combines good values and excellent services to their customers; a milestone which sets it apart from the competition.
The Air King AD1308 Advantage Series Ductless Range Hood is economy sized and is crafted with a stainless steel finish which gives it a professional appeal. It features a 60 watt light bulb, an airflow of 180 CFM and a silent 2-speed motor.
After a test was done on the Air King AD1308 Ductless Range Hood, it was found that the unit has smart user-friendly features which have kept it at above the competition. With a 4.4 star rating from verified customers, this unit is available at an affordable price and readily available in Amazon.
- The Air King AD1308 Ductless Range Hood has a moderate size which is ideal for smaller kitchens.
- Most customers have commented about the packaging of the product accessories saying that it’s professional and not a single appliance has been lost.
- The unit comes in different colors which include white, biscuit, almond, black and stainless steel.
- Although the fan is fairly silent, when switched to the highest setting, it becomes very noisy and hard to work with.
Broan 413004 Economy 30-Inch Two-Speed Ductless Range Hood, Stainless Steel
The Broan 413004 Ductless Range Hood is a 30 inch two-speed hood which has been designed with the aim of offering quality and value in your kitchen. This basic Broan model features a 75-watt light bulb (but not included in the package), a powerful dual-speed motor, an option of different colors (white, biscuit, stainless steel, black and almond) and replaceable charcoal filters which are dishwasher safe.
When it comes to accomplishing its purpose, this unit sucks contaminated air and odors over the charcoal filters which then release fresh and clean air into the kitchen. The outer casing is made of stainless steel which is very easy to clean and maintain. The corners are curved reducing sharp edges which can easily cause an accident while in the kitchen. With features which are available in most top-rated ductless range hoods, this unit has been the most preferred by most users due to its affordable price, style and value.
The Broan 413004 Ductless RangeHoodhas dimensions of 33×20×7.6 inches and a weight of 54 pounds. This unit is designed to last for a long time without replacing any accessories. The 75-watt bulb provides sufficient lighting throughout the kitchen while the replaceable charcoal filters ensure that unwanted odors are removed from the kitchen with ease. Users looking forward to purchase a simple, stylish and affordable unit should consider buying the 413003 Economy 30-Inch Two-Speed Ductless Range Hood from Broan.
- This unit has an integral punched stainless steel casing which is easy to clean unlike the plastic models.
- The entire unit is very easy to install. Most users have praised its simplicity saying that an hour is enough to fully mount the hood in place.
- As compared to many other models, the fan of the Broan 413004 Ductless Range Hoodis relatively silent.
- The unit is cheaply priced and affordable to most users.
- A number of users have complained about the fan saying that it’s less powerful as compared to other models.
- As compared to the vents, the filters are less active when it comes to the removal of odors from your kitchen.
Broan 413604 Ductless Under Cabinet Hood, 36-Inch, Stainless Steel
The Broan 413604 Ductless Under Cabinet Range Hood is a perfect addition to most kitchens due to its superb features and stylish looks. This unit is available in different matching colors and includes a removable charcoal filter which provides clean air circulation in your kitchen.
The 75-watt overhead light bulb, two-speed bulb and removable charcoal filters will provide a sufficient clarity to your culinary endeavors as well as an easy cleaning experience. With a weight of 13.2 pounds, dimensions of 36×6×17.5 inches and ability to work in a DNA-compliant application, this unit is available in the market at a very affordable price.
With a 4.6 star rating from verified customers, the Broan 413604 Ductless Under Cabinet Range Hood is a unit which performs its intended purpose with ease. After conducting an in-depth review on each of these units, it was found that most of the features found in this inexpensive appliance are available in most pricey hoods.
- Most customers looking for an inexpensive hood to replace their old units have found the Broan 413604 Ductless Under Cabinet Range Hoodto be cheap and effective.
- With a weight of 13.2 pounds, you will agree that this unit is lightweight and easy to mount even by yourself.
- Its sleek design enables it to fit it over the counter offering a much more professional look and appearance.
- The fan is relatively silent and quieter as compared to other brands in the market.
- Most customers have quoted that although the hood works out well, you’ll find it hard to do the wiring especially if you’re not knowledgeable about wiring.
- Some other customers have criticised the design saying that it’s hard to balance when reaching it over the stove for mounting.
After reviewing the three ductless range hoods, we found that the Air King AD1308 Advantage Series Ductless Range Hood is by far the best in the category. This unit has smart features which include a 2-speed silent motor, a 60-watt light bulb and an air flow of 180 CFM which gives it a powerful suction power as compared to its competitors.
The Broan 413604 Ductless Range Hood is the second alternative for people who don’t wish to purchase the Air King AD1308 Advantage Series Range Hood due to its expensive price. With a sleek design and a powerful motor which complements any type of kitchen, this unit has received a 4.6 star rating from 104 verified customers keeping it at the top of the competition.
Last on the list, we have the Broan 413004 Ductless Range Hood which comes with a powerful dual-speed motor and an option of different colors combines style, value and performance. This unit is available at a very cheap price and will ensure that the job is done perfectly and efficiently.
How should I clean my range hood?
It will help if you clean your stainless steel range hoods regularly. You should use a clean cloth, mild soap or dish detergent, and warm water. You should clean in the direction of the polish lines. Next, rinse the range hoods with clean water and wipe dry immediately. If you want to emphasize the bright finish, you can use light oil used for furniture polishing. Wiping the range hood regularly using mild soap or detergent will help maintain the painted surface. You should avoid using new and improved cleaning agents as the chemicals in the agents react with heat to loosen the paint.
How often should I clean the filters?
It will be best to clean the aluminum grease filters at least once every month, depending on the usage. You should clean all-metal filters in the dishwasher using a non-phosphate detergent as phosphate detergents can cause discoloration. However, the discoloration will not affect the performance of the filters. If your cooking involves a lot of greases, like frying foods, you should clean the filters regularly. It will be best to use mild soap or detergent to protect the colors.
How do you duct your range hood?
You can use metal ducting to duct your range hood to the outdoor. The size for the ducting is determined by the rangehood model and the distance that must be covered.