Broan Range Hoods have been in the market for quite a long time. The company has managed to manufacture and deliver both the Island Mount and the Under Cabinet Range Hoods which are the two major models which have dominated the market.
The prices as well as the familiarity of these units differ depending on the motor suction power, dimensions, weight, noise level and other additional features which come with each of these appliances. Below is a review of some of the best Broan Range Hoods in the market.
Quick Comparison Table & Our Pick!
This as you would expect from us is an EPIC post so grab a coffee before you start and see how we cut through every product and review it with precision. IF YOU ARE SHORT ON TIME and just need to know the results of our reviews , CHECK THE RESULTS TABLE BELOW!
The Best Broan Range Hoods In The Market For The Money!
Broan QML30SS Under-Cabinet Range Hood, Stainless Steel, 30-Inch, 200-CFM
Broan is among the top-rated companies which manufacture the best ventilation products and a range of hood accessories globally. The company has currently gone a mile further to produce the Broan QML30SS Under Cabinet Range Hood which comes with many smart features intended to elevate your cooking to a whole new level.
Among the smart features which come with this unit include; a sleek 6-inch design aimed to fit your modern style kitchen, an enclosed bottom design for easy cleaning, dual 35-watts halogen lights which offer sufficient light for your cooking needs, a dual speed fan control and 200 CFM suction power. The unit is very easy to install even by a single person since it has a weight of 18.5 pounds and dimensions of 17.5×30×6 inches.
After reviewing the Broan QML30SS Under Cabinet Range Hood, we found that it has earned a 5 star feedback from 62% of the customers. This has been contributed by the user-friendly features as well as an affordable price which come with this unit.
- The powerful motor which comes with this unit is able to suck unwanted air and other odors from your kitchen with just a switch of a button.
- The 35-watts halogen lights offer optimum light needed for your cooking projects.
- The product has a two year limited warranty giving you the confidence required for your purchase.
- Some users have praised Broan for making fast deliveries and packing the units in a professional way to avoid damage.
- The unit doesn’t include the halogen bulbs when purchasing. You will therefore need to buy the LED bulbs separately.
- The light bulbs are a bit glaring hence an external source of light will be required to fulfill your cooking needs.
Broan QS130SS Allure Range Hood, Stainless Steel, 30-inch
The Broan QS130SS series is a new benchmark in most under cabinet hoods thanks to the brilliant axial blade technology (which promotes a quiet operation) and a sleek design which complements all types of modern kitchens. The stainless steel outer coating and aluminum dishwasher-safe filters provide an easy cleaning process.
Other selling features which keep the Broan QS1 apart from its major competitors include a suction power of 110 CFM when low and 220 CFM when high, a noise reduction of 1.5 sone when normal and 5 sones when high, dimensions of 33.5×9.8×23.8 and a weight of 18 pounds.
The Broan QS130SS Allure RangeHood is a great addition to your modern kitchen. Apart from offering convertibility, this unit adds style and quality in your home while its reasonable price makes it highly affordable to most people.
- With a noise reduction of 50% as compared to other hoods, this unit has a quiet fan which makes your cooking experience peaceful.
- Its sleek design and lightweight feature (18 pounds) makes the hood very easy to install.
- The light bulbs provide sufficient light especially when operating on the ‘high’ setting.
- The hood can easily be converted into a ductless range hood by adding the charcoal filters.
- The unit doesn’t include the light bulbs when purchasing. The bulbs which work on this unit are very expensive so that’s an added cost.
- The motor is not that powerful even working on the highest setting. As a result, the grease which accumulates on the filters can easily drip back onto the stove.
Broan F403604 36-Inch Two Speed 4-Way Convertible Range Hood, Stainless Steel
The Broan F403604 Series is a 4-way convertible unit which fits into any kitchen due to its lightweight and small features. The traditional European design and stainless steel outer coating has been a major contribution in ensuring that the hood achieves a top rating. The 160-190 CFM suction power enables the unit to suck out unwanted odors and other contaminants from your kitchen with ease. With dimensions of 17.5×42×6 inches and a weight of 15 pounds, the Broan F403604 Seriesis available in the market at a very cheap price as compared to all the other Broan units in this review.
For those people living in a very tight budget, the Broan F403604 4-Way Convertible Range Hood is the best choice for your kitchen needs. With great features which are also available in other high-end hoods in the market, this unit has received a 4.5 star rating from 158 customers making it an ideal choice for most cooking enthusiasts.
- The Broan F403604 RangeHood is good looking and very economical for such a cheap price.
- The motor is fairly silent and offers a powerful suction something which creates a lot of competition to its high-end competitors.
- The unit is very lightweight (15 pounds) which makes it easy to install even by your own.
- The aluminum grease filters are dishwasher safe and easy to remove and install.
- Most of the customers have criticized the unit saying that it’s very noisy when operating on the “high” setting. Users are therefore forced to use the low or medium setting which does not offer a complete suction of unwanted odors from your kitchen.
Broan is a top company which manufactures some of the best range hoods in the arena. After reviewing some of their top-rated units, we found that the Broan QML30SS Under Cabinet Range Hood was the best in the category. With smart features which include; a 2-speed rocker control, 200 CFM suction power, dual 35-watts halogen light and a stainless steel casing which offers style and durability, this unit is readily available on the market at an affordable price.
In second place we have the Broan QS130SS Allure Range Hood which is another brilliant unit with smart features. This hood comes with a 220 CFM suction power and a brilliant axial blade technology which promotes quiet operation. The unit has outstanding dishwasher safe aluminum filters and halogen lights which promotes a safe and accurate lighting for your cooking needs.
Last but not least we have the Broan F403604 4-Way Convertible Range Hood which has the least features which complement its cheap price. Its 190 CFM suction power, 4-way convertible feature and a smart European design, this unit is the best for people looking for a cheap substitute or those on a tight budget.
How can I stop the fan light blinking on my Broan range hood?
To stop the blinking light, you'll have to reset the filter light settings on your Broan hood. Locate the filter clean button, press and hold for five seconds and your filter light will reset.
How do you clean a brown hood filter?
A brown hood filter requires cleaning to improve efficiency and help you stop discoloration of your range hood. If your food generates a lot of oil and makes your work dirty, you'll need to practice frequent washing of the hood filter. Have the filters washed separately with detergent in the sink and dry them before you put them back.
How much time does it require to install a Broan range hood?
Whether you are installing the Island mount or the under cabinet hood the time varies because they come in different sizes. First, read and understand the installation instructions. The smaller units will install fast and will take approximately 1.5 to 3 hours of installation while the big models will take about 3 to 4 hours with support from an extra person.
Originally posted 2020-04-02 13:00:00.