john deere mower e180 review
A lawnmower may not be a small investment for any homeowner. But, it’s important to take your time and consider which one will be the best fit for you and your yard. If you are looking at John Deere, then I recommend checking out their E180 Mower! Thanks to its Briggs & Stratton 190cc engine, it has plenty of power so that it can tackle even the toughest yards easily. The 22-inch steel deck ensures that it cuts through tall grass with ease. And when you use this machine, there is no more pushing or pulling — turn on the key and go! To learn more about the benefits of this product, keep reading below.
Table Of Contents
- 1 John Deere E180 Build
- 2 John Deere Riding Mower – Electrical & Battery
- 4 John Deere E180 Pros & Riding Comfort
- 5 John Deere E180 Cons
- 6 John Deere E180 Lawn Tractor: Mowing experience
- 7 John Deere Lawn Tractor Riding Mower John Deere Lawn Tractor Riding Mower $1,200.00 out of stock BUY NOW eBay
- 8 FAQ
- 9 John Deere Lawn Tractor Riding Mower John Deere Lawn Tractor Riding Mower $1,200.00 out of stock BUY NOW eBay
- 10 Conclusion:
John Deere E180 Build
The John Deere E180 Mower is a powerful, rugged mower that delivers exceptional performance and quality. This mower is designed to tackle the toughest lawns with a 25 HP* V-Twin extended life series engine. Its deep deck design with three blades lifts grass for a superior cut, while its easy change oil system allows you to perform routine maintenance in 30 seconds or less. The operator station is wide and comfortable, with an easy lift lever that easily raises and lowers the deck.
The John Deere E180 Mower is a mower that makes your lawn look great. This machine has a heavy-duty build, so it’s made to last.
It has an innovative deck design that uses high-strength steel rails to create a reliable grass cutting experience without sacrificing performance or durability over time, as well as a solid one-piece frame 12 gauge 0.105 inches (2.66-mm) steel frame which supports the machine’s overall weight and offers strength in tough environments such as uneven terrain, wet conditions, tall weeds, and brushy areas.
The fender deck provides additional support by bolting onto the frame rather than just sitting on top like other machines, ensuring long life while providing better traction and easy manoeuvrability through tough terrains. With an engine power of 17.0 horsepower, the E180 can handle nearly any size lawn with ease, and it is also fuel-efficient for a mower of its power.
John Deere Riding Mower – Electrical & Battery
The John Deere E180 riding mower has a powerful electric start system that is battery operated. The batteries are maintained while the mower is being used by an automatic charge-sustaining circuit, making this one of the most convenient models to use in terms of power and ease of use. If you want a more environmentally friendly ride, you can choose from two different versions with either gas or electric motors.
The battery will run for an hour and a half on one charge. The mower can be plugged in or charged with the included charger, but it does not have a cordless option like some other models do.
The Fuel Gauge on the mower’s panel will help you monitor how much power is left and can be refilled with unleaded gasoline. It also has a transmission that adjusts to your rough terrain – even hilly and uneven terrain is a walk in the park!
The mower is very easy to start, with a “smart choke” system that allows the engine to maintain its prime after restarting and an automatic decompression feature for easier starting. The transmission also helps you adjust the speed so it can be used on different types of ground without having any problems. It has five cutting heights of cut in one-inch increments from three inches up to six and a half inches, perfect if you are looking for something more versatile than just mulching or bagging grass clippings.
The transaxle oil filter prevents engine wear, and the anti-scalping wheels reduce turf damage. The front axle is stronger than previous models, with a tapered blade design for better performance. It also has two blades per side that give you more cutting power on uneven ground.
With strong rear tires and convenient steering, the turning radius is excellent at 42″.
John Deere E180 Pros & Riding Comfort
- This mower is a zero-turn, which means no need to spend time turning in circles. It can go in any direction you want! You just steer it with your feet like on a bicycle, and the controller handles the rest of the work for moving it around. No more sore muscles or aches from using this machine because there’s no need to push around a heavy lawnmower!
- The John Deere E180 is also very powerful. It has a 54 horsepower, V-twin engine, which means that it won’t run out of gas while you’re trying to finish your yard work and can do the job in half the time with less effort on your part.
- It’s big enough for large yards but not so long that it would take up all day to get trimming done or leave you feeling overwhelmed by its size. Though this model weighs more than some people are used to at 350 pounds, only about two hundred will be pushed through grass, making it much easier on knees and back joints over extended periods of use.
- John Deere e180 model is equipped with three blades that lift and cut the grass with precision.
- This machine was designed specifically as an entry-level version of the larger and more expensive E320, which is the perfect choice for those on a budget or who don’t need as much power.
- John Deere Easy Change™ 30-second oil change system on most of their lawn tractors has revolutionised the lawnmower industry. Worrying about draining the oil is a thing of the past. John deere boasts that this is a game-changer, and we couldn’t argue with that!
- Delivery of the fuel is through a pulse pump system and an assembled mechanical carburettor fuel gauge, and it also has a separate engine oil cooler.
- Hydrostatic transmission gives the John Deere 180 a smooth ride and more control when moving up hills.
- Its engine is capable of generating 23 horsepower, which translates into lots of power for your yard. This mower has three cutting options: mulching, side discharge, or rear bagging to suit any personal preference.
- Generous gas tank capacity with the John Deere 180 means that you only need to refuel every couple of days for most lawns.
- Its large wheels and steel axle are capable of handling any terrain, including rough slopes and bumpy ground. The rear wheel brake ensures safe downhill operation by stopping both rear tires if one is blocked while going down a hill.
- 22 “rear tires and 16” front tires mean the mower handling is well balanced, and the turning radius is quite good on this riding mower.
- Both front and back seats are adjustable and come with lumbar support
John Deere E180 Cons
- Has control to operate at your desired speed but minimal cruise control options
- The engine can be a bit noisy.
- Only one throttle setting available, and it is not adjustable
- No easy way to disengage blades without using the ignition key.
- The unusual design of the mower deck makes trimming difficult in some areas, such as tight corners or near obstacles like trees.
- Fuel tank access is a bit tricky as it’s behind the rear seat. If you are lazy like me and just like to push the seat forward to access it, you will be disappointed.
John Deere E180 Lawn Tractor: Mowing experience
- The contoured dash is easy to use, with features like arrows that indicate when maintenance should be performed. The seat is reclining and comfortable.
- It comes with convenient foot pedals.
- The tires are the right size for most lawns.
- Good quality mower overall, durable and inexpensive to operate
- Fuel tank capacity is about one gallon, and the mower has a side discharge
- The John Deere E180 Mower is an excellent machine for those who are looking to maintain their own lawn on a budget.
- The engine provides plenty of power with its 190cc capacity, which is enough for most residential yards. Fuel consumption and emissions are both low because it runs off of gas instead of diesel fuel like many other models do. Maintenance costs are also minimal thanks to this model’s ease-of-operation features that make doing so simple.
- You don’t have to be a mechanic or spend hours at your local dealership; you can just take care of everything from home!
- In terms of overall durability, it seems as though this model will last significantly longer than many other models.
- This John Deere is a great choice for anyone who wants to save some money on their mowing needs and doesn’t want to spend hours maintaining a lawn every week!
- The suspension seat is also a nice touch, as it allows you to mow for longer periods of time without feeling uncomfortable.
What engine is in John Deere E180?
The John Deere E180 is a hydrostatic drive mower with an 18 HP Briggs & Stratton engine. This saves fuel and makes it more environmentally friendly than the previous model without losing power, cutting capacity, or runtime.
How much does this tractor weigh?
This tractor weighs in at 436 pounds (198 kg).
How long is the warranty?
The John Deere E180 comes with a full two-year factory and dealer limited warranty.
Does it have a backup clutch?
It does not, but this isn’t an issue since you’ll rarely need to use reverse gear on this mower anyway.
What transmission is in John Deere E180?
John Deere E180 has a hydrostatic drive transmission.
How many gears does the John Deere E180 have?
It only has one gear, which is more than enough for this type of mower.
What size wheels are on John Deere 180?
The tractor comes with 12 inches (30 cm) diameter front tires and 11 inches (28 cm) diameter rear tires.
What type of fuel does the John Deere E180 use?
The tractor comes with a 35 gallon (132 L) tank/fuel tank that runs off unleaded gasoline sold separately.
How much weight can it carry on its hitch?
This mower can carry up to 500 lbs (225 kg).
What is the cutting width on John Deere 180?
The John Deere E180 has a 30 inch (76 cm) cutting width, which allows you to get all of your yard work done in one pass.
How much can it cut per hour?
You should be able to cut up to 15 acres (6071 m²) of land per hour with this John Deere Mower.
What is the height adjustment range?
You can adjust the cutting height from 0 inches to a maximum of two inches in these increments: ¼ inch, ½ inch, and one inch. The deck also has three types of ground lifts for changing the height of the cutting deck while you are working. The perfect height setting to use is user-selectable and can be stored in up to five different positions on a dial system that’s easy to operate.
What types of grass does John Deere E180 Mower work best with?
The mower will work best with heavier types of grasses, such as Kentucky bluegrass.
How much does it weigh?
The John Deere e180 lawnmower weighs 265 lbs., which is lighter than the traditional heavy-duty ride-on lawnmowers. It’s also safer to use because you can get closer to trees and other obstacles without fear of tipping.
In conclusion, this model is an attractive option and will work well in residential yards where the power requirements are not too high. It’s definitely not as powerful as more professional options, but that should be expected from an inexpensive machine like this one. With its ability to handling rougher terrains, If you are lucky enough to have very gentle slopes, your yard week will quickly turn into a yard day. Overall, a great tractor for medium to heavy-duty jobs!
The engine provides plenty of capacity with its 190cc size, making it perfect for most small-scale jobs around your home. If you’re looking to cut costs without sacrificing quality or performance, then I highly recommend checking out the E180 Mower by John Deere; you won’t regret it!