Have you ever had people break into your home or criminals vandalized your car in your parking? There is a big probability that the criminals got away long before you found out about the theft.
How do you feel knowing that there is a probability that you may never know who the perpetrators were? Worse still, you may never get your stolen properties back.
Maybe it is high time that you invested in a security camera, don’t you think so?
Home security is paramount as you want to be sure that your family and properties are safe. You do not want to develop stress-related ill health because you’re constantly worried about what is going to happen at your home.
It is for that reason that different manufacturers have come up with various smart security cameras to secure your home, among the smart cameras in the market is the Ring Stickup Cam, Nest Cam Outdoor, and Arlo Q. Allow us to take you through the details of the three cameras so that you can decide on which one to buy.
Quick Comparison Table & Our Pick!
This as you would expect from us is an EPIC post so grab a coffee before you start and see how we cut through every product and review it with precision. IF YOU ARE SHORT ON TIME and just need to know the results of our reviews , CHECK THE RESULTS TABLE BELOW!
110° horizontal, 57° vertical
Resolution For Better Clarity
Compatible With Smart Home/Alexa?
2.36" x 2.36" x 3.82"
11.5 x 6.7 x 5
4.45 x 5.99 x 4.93
Similarities between Ring Stickup Cam, Nest Cam Outdoor, and Arlo Q
- One similarity between the three devices is that they come with a mobile app that you can use to control the camera from wherever you are. You can also get notifications through the mobile app on your Smartphone.
- Also, the cameras are compatible with Google Assistant and Alexa voice assistants. That means you can control the cameras by using your voice.
- When you purchase any of these smart security cameras, you will get a motion-detecting feature. Thus, you will get an alert on your Smartphone each time the camera detects motion. You can, therefore, have time to take the necessary action.
- With the appropriate subscriptions, the cameras offer you cloud storage for your footage. This allows you to review the footage at a later date if you need to confirm anything, or the footage can help the police with investigations.
- Additionally, the cameras offer you a variety of powering options, which include using rechargeable batteries. Using rechargeable batteries assures you that your home is secure even when there is a power blackout.
- One very essential feature of the three cameras is live streaming. It gives you a real-time picture of what is happening at your home. You can check on what your children are doing at home, among other things.
- They also come with a two-way communication system that allows you to communicate with the person at your door without opening it. The cameras come with a built-in microphone and speaker that assists you in communication. For the Nest Cam Outdoor, the two-way communication is half-duplex, which means you have to press and hold the button to talk to someone.
- They also offer you night vision capability that allows you to see what is happening at your home even when it is dark.
- These cameras offer you high-quality video resolution to enable you to view events happening at your residence.
Now, let us look at the features and specifications of each camera
Ring Stickup Cam
Mobile connectivity is one of the features of the Ring Stickup Cam. When it detects anything, you will get an alert on your phone. You can then open the app to see what is happening in real-time and react appropriately.
Ring Stickup Cam also offers you Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity. Thus you can get notifications on your app as well as seeing live feeds on your phone and taking the right action if need be.
What if you find out you can scare away an intruder through the phone even when you are away? Cool, right? With this smart security camera, you get a two-way communication system that allows you to talk to people within the range of the camera in real-time. You can, therefore, scare away a thief by talking directly to them.
This smart security camera also has a powerful built-in siren. If you notice any potential threat through your app, you can trigger the siren to alert others and get help.
The Ring Stickup Cam also comes with a nonstop power configuration. You can power the device through Power over Ethernet (PoE), or through the USB port. There is no need to take the camera down for recharge as it is compatible with the Ring solar panel. If you are using the rechargeable battery version, it has a quick-release button that makes changing the batteries easy.
The smart camera also offers you versatility as you can use it indoors and outdoors. For outdoor use, the cameras feature a weatherproof design that makes it durable even under the changing weather patterns.
Other features include night vision which allows you to monitor your home even when it is dark and the motion detector that senses any motion around the range of the camera.
You can get the versatile Ring Stickup Cam at ~$179.99.
After purchase, you will get a 30-day free trial cloud recording for your footage. When the thirty days expire, you can subscribe to the ~$3 per month or ~$30 per year subscription plan.
Ring Stickup Cam is one of the most versatile cameras you can get. You can use it just about anywhere, be it indoors or outdoors.
With its sleek cylindrical shape, the camera is a valuable addition to your home, not just because of its functionality but its elegance too.
It comes with a stand that you can use to place it on a flat surface. You can also rotate the stand to your desired position.
For the battery-powered version, there is a quick-release switch that makes it easy for you to change the batteries. If you are using the wired version, it comes with a long USB cable to help you power the device. Ring Stickup Cam comes with everything that you need for installation.
It measures 2.36 x 2.36 x 3.82 inches, which makes it an inconspicuous addition to your security.
- Sharp 1080p video resolution
- Long battery life
- Versatile as it can be used for indoors and outdoors
- The app can be slow to connect to the camera
Nest Cam Outdoor
Nest Cam Outdoor has mobile app support. The app is for both iOS and Android devices. With the help of the app, you can control the camera from wherever you are and also receive notifications.
The smart camera has a motion detection feature. When the camera detects any motion around its range, you will get an alert on your phone. You can then open the app and see what is happening in real-time, and you can take the appropriate action.
The camera can also stream live. With this feature, you can have a live feed of what is happening at your home, like seeing what your children are doing at home alone.
Outdoor Nest Cam also comes with a two-way audio system. The speaker and built-in microphone allow you to speak to the person in the compound using your phone. As such, you can stop a crime from happening by scaring a burglar away.
With the Wi-Fi connectivity, you can get alerts on the app, and you can also get live feeds from the camera.
It also has an easy installation process. Nest includes everything that you need for the installation. The Nest app then takes you through a step by step process of how you can connect your smart camera to the internet.
When you get the Nest Cam Outdoor, you also get the option of knowing what is happening at your home at night with the night vision feature. You also get a 1080p video resolution.
When you get the camera, you can subscribe to the subscription plan of your choice and start getting continuous cloud recording. As such, you can review the footage at a later date for your own consumption or help police with investigations.
You can use Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant to control your camera using your voice.
Nest Cam Outdoor comes at $199.00 for a single camera or $349 for a two-pack.
You can subscribe to your subscription plan of choice. For the first camera, you can get continuously recorded video for ten days at $10 a month or $100 a year. Any additional camera will cost you $5 a month or $50 a year. To get a 30-day continuous video recording, it will cost you $30 a month or $300 a year for the first camera.
Nest Cam Outdoor has an aesthetic construction that is rugged and waterproof, which makes it fit for outdoor use. You can also use the camouflage silicone skins that are weatherproof and UV light resistant to cover your smart camera.
Also, Nest Cam Outdoor comes with a magnetic base that you can use to screw the camera to the wall. At the base of the camera is where the power cable is placed. Next to the power cable are the perforated holes of the speaker
The smart camera measures 72 x 72 x 89 mm and weighs 200 grams.
- Simple and quick installation process
- Night vision is clearly visible at night
- The live video feed has clear pictures
- Intuitive app interface
- Clear two-way audio
- Does not offer local video recording
It will cost you $127 to get the Arlo Q smart security camera. Arlo offers you a seven-day free cloud recording for your footage when you buy the smart camera. From there, you can subscribe to the Premier plan at $9.99 a month or $99 a year. Alternatively, you can take the Elite service at $14.99 a month or $149.00 a year.
The smart camera measures 2.75 x 2.80 x 4.50 inches and weighs 0.37 pounds.
It is white and has a sleek and elegant design.
When you buy the Arlo Q smart camera, you will get a two-way communication system with a built-in microphone and speaker. The system allows you to speak with the person at your compound by using your phone.
Additionally, Arlo Q offers you a mobile app that you can download from Google Store or the App Store. With the mobile app, you can control the camera from wherever you are, you can receive alerts, and it can also assist you in setting up the device.
Arlo Q also offers you a 1080p video resolution such that you can stream live and see what is happening in your home very clearly.
It also features a night vision ability so that you can be sure that your home is secure even when it is dark.
Also, Arlo Q comes with a motion-detecting feature. It can detect motion and notify you through your phone so that you take the most appropriate action.
Other features of the Arlo Q are that it works with Amazon Alexa so that you can control it using your voice, it is Wi-Fi enabled, and AC or USB power it.
- Easy setup process
- Clear night vision
- Email and push notifications
- It offers free cloud storage
- It supports IFTTT
- It is pricey
- Which camera is better ring or nest? Nest stands out of the three products reviewed today. Each of them are good in their own way but Nest provides advanced features and value for money at the same time
- Which is better Arlo or ring? Arlo just edges past Ring due to it crystal clear crisp images and functionality that come as part of the pack, if you like
- What is the best outdoor wireless security camera? Well, Nest security cameras are the best in the business , arguably, and known to be models that is ever so reliable.
- Is Nest IQ outdoor worth it? Yes, absolutely.
According to our comparison, Ring Stickup Cam ranks the lowest because it offers only 80 degrees field of view as compared to 130 degrees from the other two. Its night vision is also not good. If someone is approaching, you will have a hard time figuring out who it is.
Between Nest Cam Outdoor and Arlo Q, Arlo Q carries the day, although it does not have a siren that is present in the other two. First, Arlo Q offers you a 7-day free cloud recording that is not there in Nest Cam Outdoor. Secondly, both the cameras feature activity zones so that you can only receive the alerts that matter. For Arlo Q, you will get the activity zones feature free of charge while you will have to get the Nest Ware subscription to create activity zones in the Nest Cam Outdoor.
The Nest Cam Outdoor also has more extensive and heavier construction, which may make it hard to conceal it as a security camera as compared to the Arlo Q, which has a smaller structure.
Originally posted 2019-12-13 19:23:34.