In the world of gaming, there are two kinds of people: those who wear glasses and those who don’t.
This is a problem because some games require you to have 20/20 vision in order to play them properly. For gamers with bad eyesight, this can be problematic if they want to keep playing their favourite games at their highest level.
The good news is that there’s a solution! That’s where gaming glasses come into the picture. These products help users see better while also protecting their eyes from harmful blue light emitted by monitors and other electronic devices used for gaming or work purposes. They’re especially useful during long hours spent staring at screens as well as when using computers outdoors on sunny days or even at night when artificial lights are present (e.g., streetlights).
Gaming Glasses provide protection against UV rays and blue light, which not only helps your eyes but can also improve sleep quality after spending an extended amount of time sitting
This blog post will take an in-depth look at how gaming glasses work, their pros and cons, and whether or not they’re worth it for you to buy one. We’ll also discuss what kind of gamer you might be based on your preference for wearing them or not!
What Are Gaming Glasses?
Table Of Contents
Tired of squinting at the screen? Do you want to be able to play for hours without eyestrain? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then it’s time to pick up a pair of gaming glasses.
Gaming glasses are usually meant to reduce eye strain which is a common complaint among people who spend time in front of the computer screen or television.
How to find the best pair of gaming glasses for you
If you’re a PC gamer, then you already know how hard it is to find the right pair of gaming glasses.
You need them to be lightweight but also durable; they should have lenses that are anti-glare and scratch-resistant. There are so many options out there that finding the best gaming glasses can feel like an impossible task! At a very high level they :
- Should protect your eyes from the blue light emitted by screens.
- Should be more comfortable than regular eyeglasses, giving you an edge in competitive games.
- Should have High-quality lenses reduce glare and provide sharper images – especially for gamers who suffer eye strain easily due to sitting at a computer screen all day long!
- Should have Anti-reflective coatings on both sides of lens (so no need for multiple pairs) with UV protection coating that won’t yellow over time or break down with sweat
- Should have a frame made out of lightweight metal so they’re durable while feeling like they weigh nothing on your face when wearing them.
Pros And Cons Of Using Gaming Glasses
The pros of using gaming glasses are that you’re able to play for longer periods of time without eye strain. You may also find your screen looking sharper and more vibrant, which is a great pro for gamers who enjoy the visuals as much as the game itself!
Some cons associated with them include: feeling like they impair vision; making movies on TV seem blurry or unclear because there’s no colour enhancement; not being able to see what’s happening in peripheral areas while wearing them.
Beyond those things, it really depends on personal preference if these would be worth buying–everyone reacts differently to different aspects of how gaming glasses affect their gameplay experience so some people might love them and others won’t notice any difference at all.
We have done all the research for you! We’ve tested dozens of different pairs and narrowed them down to our favourite 5 brands. Each brand comes in multiple styles, so we included specific recommendations. Our goal was to help make your decision as easy as possible by providing all the information needed in one place. Now there’s no excuse not to get some new gaming glasses!
The future of gaming glasses
If you’re like me, then you’ve probably had the experience where someone tells you that they have a pair of glasses for playing games. You ask to see it, but when they take them out of their pocket or case, it’s just some cheap drugstore reading glasses. Does it look like those things are completely worthless? Well, I’m here to tell you that is not true! There are actually a few different types of lenses designed specifically for gamers.
First off, let’s talk about blue light filtering lenses (also known as computer gaming lenses). These are basically your standard clear-lens eyeglasses with an anti-glare coating added onto the lens to reduce eye strain while using computers or other digital devices for long periods at a time. They don’t do much to help with gaming, but they can be good if you’re really struggling from the symptoms of computer eye strain.
Next up are lenses designed specifically for gamers and video games. These come in a variety of different styles like green or red-tinted lenses that block blue light while enhancing your natural ability to see colours on screens. They also have an anti-glare coating so it’s easier to use digital devices without getting as tired after long periods of time staring at them. A lot of these glasses will also include some type of magnification lens which is great for people who need a little extra help seeing things clearly, like those suffering from farsightedness or nearsightedness (a common problem among many avid gamers). Finally, there are specialist lenses that are designed to enhance your gaming experience including low colour distortion, HD improvements etc.
- How to clean Gaming glasses? You can clean your gaming glasses in the same way you would any other pair of glasses. First, use a small amount of soap and warm water to scrub them. Then, rinse off all the soap with cold water before using a cloth or paper towel
- Why do gamers wear yellow glasses? One of the most popular beliefs is that yellow-tinted glasses help you see better in dark areas and provide enhanced clarity by providing a lighter colour hue
The future of gaming glasses is exciting. They offer a level of personalisation and enhanced performance that is perfect for the gaming enthusiast of any level.
A lot of people are usually sceptical about these glasses, but just like with anything new they have to be tested out before making judgements. One thing’s for sure though – at this rate, there will soon be no one left who doesn’t wear them!
What The People we interviewed thought:
- “As an avid gamer myself I can see where it all makes sense.”
- “It felt so much more natural playing games after putting on my prescription lenses in front of the TV or computer screen!”
- “I saw details I missed before which made gameplay even better!”
- “I found I was able to play longer without getting tired as easily when I wore them”