To fix your HDMI to reposition the cables, you may use something as simple as a toothpick or any tiny and thin object. If that doesn’t work, try sucking the wires back into place with a vacuum. If this does not work as well, try using a blow dryer set to a low heat setting to re-melt the plastic and put it back where it belongs.
Table Of Contents
Can an HDMI Port on an Xbox One Be Fixed?
You cannot fix an Xbox One if the HDMI port is damaged. If this is the case, you’ll need to buy a brand-new Xbox One.
How Do I Fix the HDMI on the Back of My Xbox One?
There are three methods for repairing the Xbox One’s HDMI port:
- Normal hardware diagnostics
- Software repair
- Hardware repair
Standard HDMI hardware diagnostics Xbox One HDMI Port Loose
Make a routine check to ensure no issues prevent the system from displaying before you open the Xbox One console casing or attempt software fixes. Among the crucial details to examine are:
- Verify that the HDMI cable is correctly connected to the Xbox One and the TV. You can plug the wire in but not fully push it in. Verify that none of the metal components of the HDMI plug is visible on the outside.
- If your television has more than one HDMI port, ensure that the input source you’ve chosen on the TV matches the port into which your cable is plugged.
- Check your cable to see if it is damaged, and try to enter your cord so that neither of the devices’ top plugs is bent. Additionally, you ought to test a similar HDMI cable to which you are certain functions.
- To determine whether the HDMI port on the TV is the problem, try trying other HDMI-compliant gadgets.
- Verify that the HDMI ports on the Xbox One, the TV, and the HDMI cable are clean and free of debris, cobwebs, or sand.
- Two HDMI ports on the rear of the Xbox One console are identical in appearance; make sure your cable is connected to the port marked HDMI OUT. The other connector is an HDMI IN port, which you can use to connect your cable or satellite TV box and utilize an app on the console to access your TV channels.
Related: Best HDMI Cable for PS5 in 2022
Software Fix Xbox One X HDMI Not Working
If you’ve tried everything you can think of to fix the problem with your console and it still isn’t working, you shouldn’t open it up just yet. Instead, you should perform the software troubleshooting in the following order:
- For about two to three minutes, disconnect your console from the wall and any external power sources.
- Connect everything to the console once more.
- Hold the eject and pair buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds, then push the power button; continue holding them until you hear a double beep.
- If there is no eject button on your console, press and hold the pair button for 10 seconds while simultaneously pressing the power button; release when you hear two beeps.
- A Troubleshoot menu will appear on the screen as your Xbox One enters Safe Mode.
- To test if your system is functioning correctly, click Continue; if you still get a blank screen, go back to step 1.
- Two options are available when you select Reset this Xbox: Keep games and apps or Remove everything.
- If the first choice doesn’t work, you’ll have to wipe your entire system clean by choosing the Remove everything option.
If you’ve already tried everything else and your Xbox One is still not displaying, the problem is likely hardware-related, and you’ll need to open the system to switch out the HDMI connector.
We do not recommend it to change the HDMI port on your own unless you are an experienced technician. To begin, you can take your console to the Microsoft Service Center closest to you to get it fixed. Alternatively, you could attempt the following:
- You can determine which manufacturing model your Xbox One is by looking at the sticker on the back of your console.
- You can get an Xbox One-compatible HDMI adapter on eBay.
- Get the console and port fixed by an electrician.
How Much Does It Cost to Repair an Xbox One HDMI Port?
The cost of replacing an HDMI port at a local shop often ranges from $60 to $80.
How Do I Replace My Xbox One HDMI?
Replacing the HDMI port is not particularly difficult to do as long as you are confident in your ability to solder minor electrical components. It is not advisable to attempt something with which you are not already familiar. There are a few things that are going to be necessary for you, including the following:
- Plastic spudger
- Torx screwdriver (T8, T9, and T10)
- Soldering iron
- #1 Philips screwdriver
- Replacement HDMI Socket Port Connector for Microsoft Xbox One S
- 2 PCS HDMI Port Connector Socket Replacement For Microsoft Xbox ONE Console
Open the Box
A series of plastic clips secure the Xbox One console’s upper and lower housing sections to their respective positions. Because the clips are positioned inside the housing, opening the first few of them may be challenging.
Taking Out the Motherboard
To release the motherboard, disconnect the power supply and the SATA wires that run from the hard drive to the optical drive. We need to get rid of the pair. Now you may remove the motherboard from the inner metal housing by lifting the unit out of the lower casing. Now take off the board at the front and put it away.
Install the New HDMI Port
It would be best if you now disconnected the previous HDMI connection. Carefully de-solder and wriggle loose each of the big pins. The next step is to de-solder the port’s 19 pins. Take extreme caution since it would be simple to forget to remove one or two.
As a first step in installing your new port, you must ensure the tiny pins are correctly aligned. After that, solder the larger pins into position. While you solder the smaller pins in, the port will remain steady. They’re so small that a magnifying lens can come in handy.