People are so torn about virtual help and the things the new age smart assistant systems can do! There are those that are excited about the features that they offer, and there are those that are skeptical of the things they can say. But, you have to give Alexa a chance. Not only is she easy to talk to, but you are going to find things you can ask her to do… and the things they will actually do for you… are incredible.
Here are 14 tips and tricks you can use to get to know her, as well as some of the great things this system can do. I know it may seem like a lot at first, but trust me, you are going to fall in love with the system and its capabilities.
- Give her a list of the household. She will learn and get to know everyone’s profiles, making finding your own music preferences and selection a breeze! Have fun with the wake word. You have three choices to choose from, so go with something a little different. Why would you want to be like everyone else?
- Ask her to repeat anything you don’t hear or understand. Perhaps you didn’t catch what she said, or maybe you have a hard time with the pronunciation of what she is saying… simply ask her to repeat it, and it’s done. No more hoping to pronounce things the right way or having to hear it the first time around. One word and you are set.
- Solve small issues.Maths problems? Vocabulary issues? Anything you need to know how to say or when to say it? These things and more are all just a word away when youhave this device. Ask her the simple things that can cause you a major headache, and say goodbye to the time you spend trying to deal with it all yourself.
- Keep track of what is going on with your Amazon account. Update your payment information, ask her where an order is, order, or simply see what is going on with your password and other information. When it comes to your Amazon account, you want to know that everything is safe and sound where you want it to be, and up to date like you prefer.
- Ask her where things are, tell her how you want them to be, and sit back and relax. You are going to stay up to date on what’s important while you are working your way through your day, and not having to try to make sure everything is still safe and secure like it should be in the process.
- Add on other devices: Do you have that device that you wish worked with this one, but you aren’t sure if it will? Of course, you do, we all do. But, that doesn’t have to be an issue any longer. With help from the site, you can link virtually any device to your account with just the click of the mouse. Get online and explore the larger range of options you never thought you were going to have and get all of your devices on board. The worst that’s going to happen is your device can’t do it, so let loose and see what you can do. You will be so glad that you did.
- Set your preferred default music station: Do you hear the radio? Do you prefer Pandora over Spotify? Do you wish that she would just turn on with your favorite station all ready to go and up and running? Dealing with these things is now a thing of the past since you can set your default station to be what you want it to be. No more hassle trying to figure out where you are or what you want it to be, wake her up and you are already set.
- Set up your home to revolving around the device: This device is going to take care of it all. Sync up with your appliances, lights, or anything else that you want, and you are going to be able to make coffee, turn off the stove, and lock the front door, all with a voice command. Not sure if you turned off the coffee pot? Say the word and it’s done. No need to get out of bed.
- Stream with Bluetooth… in style Any device… and I do mean any… is able to sync up with the Bluetooth. Forget the days when you had to be careful of the brand you needed and all that nonsense. With Alexa, you are going to use what you have right no… no more shopping trips to the store.
- Give a special sound when she wakes up:We all like to hear that bit of familiarity, and if you want to know for sure that she turned on when you are not in the room, set up the wake-up call. She is going to give a certain sound when she wakes up, and you are going to know she’s ready to go.
- Set her skills to voice commands:If you have a favourite phrase you like or just want to shake things up a bit, you are going to get that done with the easy setup. Set specific commands to her, and you are going to have what you need with just a few words.
- Get a voice remote: Let’s face it. Voice control or not, there are just some things that you want to do by hand. Get remote and use the same features, with your hands.
- Order from Amazon Prime by merely talking to her: You already have your information on Amazon, so why waste time when you can simply tell her what to order and when? With a mere command, you are going to have your stuff in the mail and on its way.
- Keep track of your packages, where they are delivered by parcel or through drones ( no we are not kidding!), and when they are going to arrive.Forget about the days when you have to use you're tracking number or try to hunt down where to go on the internet.
With Echo, simply ask, and she will tell you where everything is and when you can expect to see it! And these are still just the tip of the ice burg. Of course, some of these things are merely fun features you can use to humor yourself, but the more you do, the easier it is going to become to use more. You are going to learn how to get this device to do virtually anything you want, and never have to take the time out of your day to look up information again.
Originally posted 2020-02-06 05:00:09.